Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

OEM 2014 Tacoma Navigation Radio

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-22-2013, 04:13 AM   #21
thethinker311 is on a distinguished road
Name: John
thethinker311's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
what entune apps do you have?
All of them. Pandora, iHeart radio, open table, bing, movie tickets.com, etc. Ill send you a PM on how to make that work for nav unit you installed.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:25 PM   #22
Doug14 is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Doug
Doug14's Tacoma Gallery
Hey FLtrucks is good people! I bought this same radio from him and this is one hell of a deal! To make this a plug and play you need part # Pt546-00142. It's for a scion, but works great for the tacoma! This is a base radio wire converter. I ordered mine through trdsparks.com. Everything works except the USB and Sirius, I am still working on that!
Old 10-22-2013, 02:31 PM   #23
FLTrucks has much to be proud ofFLTrucks has much to be proud ofFLTrucks has much to be proud ofFLTrucks has much to be proud ofFLTrucks has much to be proud ofFLTrucks has much to be proud ofFLTrucks has much to be proud ofFLTrucks has much to be proud ofFLTrucks has much to be proud of
Army:
FLTrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug14 View Post
Hey FLtrucks is good people! I bought this same radio from him and this is one hell of a deal! To make this a plug and play you need part # Pt546-00142. It's for a scion, but works great for the tacoma! This is a base radio wire converter. I ordered mine through trdsparks.com. Everything works except the USB and Sirius, I am still working on that!
To get the USB to work you need this. http://www.ebay.com/itm/321229198794
It plugs into the back of the radio. I believe it was a change made in the newer model Tacoma's. I do not know the exact part number but am sure i could get it to see if it could be had for cheaper. Also i may beable to get one for a lot cheaper. I could get you the part number for the Sirius extension box also. I am able to order those parts as well and it attaches right on the radio.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:54 PM   #24
fenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nice
fenderpicks's Tacoma Gallery
Please let me know if u can get another one.
I'd love to get the next available one lol
Old 10-22-2013, 06:41 PM   #25

Firefighter:
Doug14's Tacoma Gallery
Man that would be great if you could find those connectors for me!
Old 10-22-2013, 07:13 PM   #26
thethinker311 is on a distinguished road
Name: John
thethinker311's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I will second that! Fast shipping and the unit was as promised.
At an awesome price! Would buy from again without question.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:38 PM   #27
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
Jump the bandwagon and got a touchscreen, thanks thethinker311 great deal man.

My question is, you guys listed PT546-00142 for the wiring harness. Would this work on a 2008, or it's only for the 12+?

Want to know before I make the purchase on that harness.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:15 PM   #28
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
^^whats that wiring harness for exactly?
Old 10-23-2013, 04:52 PM   #29
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

adio's Tacoma Gallery
Doug14 mention on post #22 that it's for a base radio wire converter, to make everything plug and play except USB and Sirius.

But I'm not sure if it'll work on my 08.

Forgot to mention the touchscreen that I got was a 2014 Entune Plus, Non-JBL.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:02 PM   #30
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
All I got extra right now as an adaptor was the antenna and the USB plug one

The speakers and power one are the same...
Idc for the xm and stuff...bit sure what that wire you speak of does
Old 10-23-2013, 06:58 PM   #31

Firefighter:
Doug14's Tacoma Gallery
Hey adio not sure if it will work on an 08 or not! What I suggest is to take out your radio and look at the plugs coming from the truck. I would think that not much has changed from 08 to 12.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:08 PM   #32
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
i dont understand what you guys are calling the "base wire"
are we referring to as the antenna adapter...if so then ya the 12s still had the old style antenna plug like the 05-11s...
Old 10-23-2013, 07:18 PM   #33

Firefighter:
Doug14's Tacoma Gallery
Jerez, that's just what Toyota calls it. This is a three part kit that includes an antenna converter, a converter from 20 pin to a 28 pun plug, and a USB converter, but it is not the correct plug. And yes the 12 do have the old style antenna plug, it was changed in 13 to the new style
Old 10-23-2013, 07:40 PM   #34
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
gotcha just wanted to make sure i was on the same page with what you guys have lol

i got the antenna for $15 on ebay a while back (also have a spare one incase anyone wants to buy it)
and the usb plug for another $11-12 as well.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:10 PM   #35

adio's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys for clearing thinks out. I guess best bet is to wait till I get the head unit.

If you guys don't mind I'll get with you guys when I need some help
Old 10-24-2013, 05:04 AM   #36
FLTrucks has much to be proud ofFLTrucks has much to be proud ofFLTrucks has much to be proud ofFLTrucks has much to be proud ofFLTrucks has much to be proud ofFLTrucks has much to be proud ofFLTrucks has much to be proud ofFLTrucks has much to be proud ofFLTrucks has much to be proud of
Army:
Quote:
Man that would be great if you could find those connectors for me!

So i did a little research. For the USB wire that i mentioned in earlier post from ebay, that wire does not have a part number. I contacted a few people on that and it seems it is part of the whole main wire harness under the dash. I did get a lead on how i could get them, i just need to be a dealer so my buddy was going to contact some people for me. Also the Sirius extension box i got a few part numbers. One is GEX0028ZTS3-US 86180-0E011 and the other is GEX0028ZTS3-CA 86180-0E021. I was told one part is US spec and the other is Canadian spec. The wire needed to attach them to the radio is part 86842-0E010.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:54 PM   #38
Army:
I was able to get one more of these sets if anyone wants it let me know.

Products Discussed in this Thread