Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

FOR SALE: tooter II.VII 2 Inch Thick Intake Manifold Spacers

Old 10-30-2013, 07:42 PM   #21
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
Those are beautiful!

I didn't know you made grills. Nice handiwork, river!

Greg
Gives me something to do when the old lady wants to talk,,
Old 10-30-2013, 11:59 PM   #22
Large Member
jmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CIVILIAN/ E-5
Name: Jess
jmarquez808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This is just a hobby for fun.
I have a real day job for money.

Besides the tooter II.VII spacers, I also developed the tooter intake manifold...

So much personal satisfaction can be found in creative activities.

Greg
Damn greg! Any sspecific gains from these? Got a pic of it installed on your truck. Oh and how much you sell sell these for? Nice work man
Old 10-31-2013, 08:30 AM   #23
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquez808 View Post
Damn greg! Any sspecific gains from these? Got a pic of it installed on your truck. Oh and how much you sell sell these for? Nice work man
Those manifolds are for the Toyota Yaris 1NZ FE 1.5 engine...

And while it only made slight horsepower and torque gains on the dyno, it did allow for installing a larger throttle body which markedly improved throttle response...

That's why I was fishing around for the 4.0 throttle body bolt pattern. But sadly it's not square like the 2.7's are, and would need an adaptor to be designed to work. I'm not sure if I'm going to take on that project yet.

Greg
Old 11-02-2013, 12:54 AM   #24
Mano is on a distinguished road
Name: Dick Head
Mano's Tacoma Gallery
Any still available ? Thanks aloha's
Old 11-02-2013, 08:59 AM   #25
mytac will become famous soon enough
Name: T
mytac's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry, I'm a little bit behind, what are these for? Enhance the horsepower and torque?
Old 11-02-2013, 09:40 AM   #26
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mano View Post
Any still available ? Thanks aloha's
Yes.

The kits are $245 including shipping, even to the Islands.

Be sure to read this thread before you decide so that you'll know exactly what you're getting.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/4-c...ld-spacer.html

If you have any questions, I'll be happy to respond. And if you do decide to buy, personal check or USPS Money Order to:

Greg Mamishian
21444 Entrada Road
Topanga, CA 90290

or PayPal to:

greggabi@verizon.net

Greg
Old 11-02-2013, 09:54 AM   #27
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mytac View Post
Sorry, I'm a little bit behind, what are these for? Enhance the horsepower and torque?
Hi tac,

This thread will help you get up to speed...

Briefly, the 2 inch thick spacers lengthen the intake manifold runners by about 12%. It does not add horsepower. In fact it only adds a little torque. However, it does lower the rpms needed to achieve peak torque by 250 rpms, and fattens up the curve so that it is available in a wider rpm range. This makes the engine pull stronger at lower rpms without losing any horsepower at the top end. It's most useful for heavily loaded trucks, low speed driving in on or off road situations, and also for towing.

Here's the dyno test results. The engine is bone stock, and has an Injen intake, and an LCE header with the stock muffler and exhaust pipe.

Dyno video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6ofUy8_-6Q

These two dyno runs are with the intake manifold spacer as the only change.

Blue: without spacer
Red: with spacer

You can see how the torque profile is shifted lower on the rpm range, as well as mildly enhanced in a few spots.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:03 PM   #28
mytac will become famous soon enough
Name: T
mytac's Tacoma Gallery
I see, thanks for the heads-up my good man, it looks really promising and the parts are very well made. No doubt, you'll have a lot of sales of these.

Quote:
Hi tac,

This thread will help you get up to speed...

Briefly, the 2 inch thick spacers lengthen the intake manifold runners by about 12%. It does not add horsepower. In fact it only adds a little torque. However, it does lower the rpms needed to achieve peak torque by 250 rpms, and fattens up the curve so that it is available in a wider rpm range. This makes the engine pull stronger at lower rpms without losing any horsepower at the top end. It's most useful for heavily loaded trucks, low speed driving in on or off road situations, and also for towing.

Here's the dyno test results. The engine is bone stock, and has an Injen intake, and an LCE header with the stock muffler and exhaust pipe.

Dyno video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6ofUy8_-6Q

These two dyno runs are with the intake manifold spacer as the only change.

Blue: without spacer
Red: with spacer

You can see how the torque profile is shifted lower on the rpm range, as well as mildly enhanced in a few spots.
Old 11-02-2013, 05:08 PM   #29
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mytac View Post
I see, thanks for the heads-up my good man, it looks really promising and the parts are very well made. No doubt, you'll have a lot of sales of these.
Maybe... or maybe not.

I made it primarily for my own use and had just a few produced to offer for sale just to see what happens. Five have been sold so far. I have 2 left in stock, and 4 are in the process of being machined. And that'll be the end of them, as I'm moving on to develop another similar product for the Toyota Yaris.

Greg
Old 11-02-2013, 09:29 PM   #30
Mano is on a distinguished road
Name: Dick Head
Mano's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Maybe... or maybe not.

I made it primarily for my own use and had just a few produced to offer for sale just to see what happens. Five have been sold so far. I have 2 left in stock, and 4 are in the process of being machined. And that'll be the end of them, as I'm moving on to develop another similar product for the Toyota Yaris.

Greg
If you have one left I'll take one thanks aloha...
Old 11-02-2013, 10:34 PM   #31
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mano View Post
If you have one left I'll take one thanks aloha...
No problem.
If you want one, all of the purchase information is in post #26 in this thread.

Greg
Old 11-06-2013, 08:59 PM   #32
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Just an inventory update...
There's 1 in stock now with 4 more in production.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:51 PM   #33
tacowagon is on a distinguished road

tacowagon's Tacoma Gallery
pm sent on the last one, or one from the next batch.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:59 AM   #34
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
PM replied. It's reserved for you.

Well, that means I'm out of tooters for now, but will be picking up 4 more soon.

Greg
Old 11-07-2013, 11:58 PM   #35
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacowagon View Post
pm sent on the last one, or one from the next batch.
It's boxed and will be shipped tomorrow morning.

Greg
Old 11-11-2013, 05:43 PM   #37
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Just PMed you.

Sorry, I'm sold out right now, but should get some more in soon.

Greg
Old 11-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #38
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
I picked up some more spacers from the machine shop today, so they're back in stock and ready to ship.

Greg
Old 11-12-2013, 06:23 PM   #39
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Today, the discounted spacer sold as well as two others, so as of right now there are only two spacers left in stock.

Greg
Old 11-12-2013, 08:57 PM   #40
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Now there's only one spacer left in stock.
Who wants the last one?

Greg