Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

FOR SALE: tooter II.VII 2 Inch Thick Intake Manifold Spacers

Old 02-13-2014, 09:22 PM   #81
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawl View Post
nice results! I was just going to PM you and ask when you're planning to dyno. ha. I wanted to check out the dyno shop in Van Nuys so I can start tuning my prelude. then maybe we can race it against the yaris.

I may need to rethink these spacers.. Im diggin the idea of lowering the torque curve.
Well, it's not exactly a performance part... If a truck was to run on a drag strip with the spacer, it might get a slightly quicker hole shot with the extra low end torque but wouldn't have any more power at the top end.

Greg
Old 02-14-2014, 07:07 AM   #82
crawl is a jewel in the roughcrawl is a jewel in the roughcrawl is a jewel in the rough
crawl's Tacoma Gallery
^^ no no no....I said YARIS vs. Prelude

yaris

prelude

Is that a strut bar I see on that little Yaris? Nice!
Old 02-14-2014, 10:58 PM   #83
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
^^ no no no....I said YARIS vs. Prelude

yaris

prelude

Is that a strut bar I see on that little Yaris? Nice!
Hey, you'd blow the doors off my wife's Yaris because it only makes 111hp.

Yes on the strut tower bar. I also have one connecting the rear strut towers and a TRD sway bar underneath. (pic was before the alloy wheels)

Greg
Old 02-15-2014, 07:39 AM   #84
05taco2.7 is a splendid one to behold05taco2.7 is a splendid one to behold05taco2.7 is a splendid one to behold05taco2.7 is a splendid one to behold05taco2.7 is a splendid one to behold05taco2.7 is a splendid one to behold05taco2.7 is a splendid one to behold
Name: JIMSTER
05taco2.7's Tacoma Gallery
When can we expect spacer to be ready to ship?

And when do you need payment?
Old 02-15-2014, 09:25 AM   #85
crawl is a jewel in the roughcrawl is a jewel in the roughcrawl is a jewel in the rough
crawl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
Hey, you'd blow the doors off my wife's Yaris because it only makes 111hp.
I know.. I was just playin

Quote:
Yes on the strut tower bar. I also have one connecting the rear strut towers and a TRD sway bar underneath. (pic was before the alloy wheels)

very kool! I'm sure the f/r strut bars and stiffer rear sway bar made a significant difference in handling. Lighter wheels and sticky tires with stiff sidewalls make a big difference too. Actually, tires are the single best upgrade to handling you can do.
I think its kool that you mod and make you own engine parts, TOOTER INTAKE MANIFOLD SPACERS, and mod suspension parts too!! awesome.

ps. let me know if you want me to delete all this clutter that "I started" in "your" thread. oops
Old 02-15-2014, 09:31 AM   #86
crawl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05taco2.7 View Post

I'm diggin the look of your truck... do you have a build thread? and do your tires rub? I've got 16x8s with 265/75/16, 3.5 BS (-25 offset) and rub at full lock in a few places. PM me so tooter doesn't kill me for MORE clutter
Old 02-15-2014, 10:04 AM   #87
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05taco2.7 View Post
Likely within two weeks.

Unfortunately, I just got a shipment of 100 threaded studs which were advertised to be zinc plated and aren't, so they're going back to the seller and I'm hoping they'll have the proper ones to replace them.

Quote:
Payment is accepted only when the kits are all boxed up and ready to ship immediately. This is because I operate with my own capital and not yours. You have the right to get what you pay for when you pay for it.

Greg
Old 02-15-2014, 10:20 AM   #88
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm diggin the look of your truck... do you have a build thread? and do your tires rub? I've got 16x8s with 265/75/16, 3.5 BS (-25 offset) and rub at full lock in a few places. PM me so tooter doesn't kill me for MORE clutter
Hey Greg,

Heck, I don't mind clutter. It keeps the For Sale thread bumped.

Sorry, I don't have a build thread because there really isn't much build. Just intake, exhaust, and wheels. But there are threads for each separate mod.

And no, the tires don't rub. I went totally mainstream on the wheels and tires because my work truck is a street Taco that never sees dirt. The wheels are 16x7 +35 Enkei alloys with high mileage low rolling resistance 235/60 Yokohama YK 580 passenger car tires.

This combination retains the stock wheel diameter within 1% so that the speedometer and odometer stay accurate.

Greg
Old 02-15-2014, 07:04 PM   #89
crawl's Tacoma Gallery

ha.... you are so funny. you are not reading carefully. that post was not meant for you but for 05taco2.7. but I was curious anyways on what wheel tire combo "you" went with.

dont forget that im 4x4 and will CRAWL right over your silly little 2wd poop
and my gearing from the factory is lower!!!!!!!
Old 02-15-2014, 07:13 PM   #90
Large Member
jmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CIVILIAN/ E-5
Name: Jess
jmarquez808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

ha.... you are so funny. you are not reading carefully. that post was not meant for you but for 05taco2.7. but I was curious anyways on what wheel tire combo "you" went with.

dont forget that im 4x4 and will CRAWL right over your silly little 2wd poop
and my gearing from the factory is lower!!!!!!!
Crawl? Ha ha u couldn't even crawl over me and I'm lowered. You need more lift ;p
Old 02-15-2014, 07:15 PM   #91
Large Member
jmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hey tooter damnit I still haven't got a chance to install mine ahhhh. Getting things settled in the new house is crazy and just picked up a r6 project/commuter. Hopefully soon! How much top end can we really lose tho I don't think I've taken this truck past 95 usually drive about 80 to 85 the fastest. But normal driving bout 70-75. Will I even notice the loss at the top end?
Old 02-15-2014, 11:04 PM   #92
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquez808 View Post
Hey tooter damnit I still haven't got a chance to install mine ahhhh. Getting things settled in the new house is crazy and just picked up a r6 project/commuter. Hopefully soon! How much top end can we really lose tho I don't think I've taken this truck past 95 usually drive about 80 to 85 the fastest. But normal driving bout 70-75. Will I even notice the loss at the top end?
You won't lose any top end, you just won't gain any either because it enhances low end torque. Here's the before (blue) and after (red) dyno runs...

You can see that both the horsepower and torque curves are just shifted down lower in the rpm range and the torque curve is fattened up a little.

Congratulations on your new home! Moving's a really huge job.

Oooh... R6?

You can get into a lot of trouble on one of those...

Greg
Old 02-16-2014, 01:29 AM   #93
crawl's Tacoma Gallery
^^my wife won't let me get a bike she says i'll KILL myself
Old 02-16-2014, 09:39 AM   #94
Large Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
You won't lose any top end, you just won't gain any either because it enhances low end torque. Here's the before (blue) and after (red) dyno runs...

You can see that both the horsepower and torque curves are just shifted down lower in the rpm range and the torque curve is fattened up a little.

Congratulations on your new home! Moving's a really huge job.

Oooh... R6?

You can get into a lot of trouble on one of those...

Greg
Yes that will be great then. I hate how weak our truck is trying to pull out from a stop and get up to speed. Hawaii is crazy traffic so low end is important for sneaking into lanes and what not lol. I'm gonna get those headers too! Lce well eventually after this baby sucks some cash from me. Yes and they are trouble!!! Quick and nimble. I had the same bike same year and everything. sold it when I got the cbr1000. Stumbled upon a salvage title mechanically good, mostly cosmetic damage. Managed to get it for 2900
URL=http://s19.photobucket.com/user/miztarpimp/media/20140213_180351.jpg.html][/URL]
Old 02-16-2014, 09:48 AM   #95
Large Member

Quote:
^^my wife won't let me get a bike she says i'll KILL myself
Get one then beg for forgiveness. Easier than asking for permission. Or get life insurance then tell her not to worry her chances of getting rich went way up!!! Lol
Old 02-16-2014, 09:42 PM   #96
05taco2.7 is a splendid one to behold05taco2.7 is a splendid one to behold05taco2.7 is a splendid one to behold05taco2.7 is a splendid one to behold05taco2.7 is a splendid one to behold05taco2.7 is a splendid one to behold05taco2.7 is a splendid one to behold
Name: JIMSTER
05taco2.7's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Quote:
Thanks man and no build thread yet but I'm running 265/70/17 on fj wheels now and no rub I had spidertrax spacers and american racing d-hole steels ( not sure of the backspacing) and they rubbed a lil at lock with no flares or flaps

Bump for Tooter
Old 02-17-2014, 07:09 PM   #97
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquez808 View Post
Yes that will be great then. I hate how weak our truck is trying to pull out from a stop and get up to speed. Hawaii is crazy traffic so low end is important for sneaking into lanes and what not lol. I'm gonna get those headers too! Lce well eventually after this baby sucks some cash from me. Yes and they are trouble!!! Quick and nimble. I had the same bike same year and everything. sold it when I got the cbr1000. Stumbled upon a salvage title mechanically good, mostly cosmetic damage. Managed to get it for 2900
URL=http://s19.photobucket.com/user/miztarpimp/media/20140213_180351.jpg.html][/URL]
Wow... that's a really good deal. Is that a Hotbody's megaphone on it? They sound really wicked.

I live in a canyon so I ride a Suzuki 400SM to get around on the winding roads...

It's lowered front and rear, and lightened down to 301 pounds wet with a full tank of gas. I also installed a set of Vortex alloy clip on bars that are really narrow for lanesplitting. It has almost 30,000 miles on it and still runs like it was brand new. DRZ's make great transportation bikes because they're really simple and reliable.

The exhaust is a one of a kind made by shortening and gutting out the stock muffler to form a megaphone, installing a FMF Powerbomb head pipe, and welding on a base for the XR only billet end cap and SuperTrapp tuning disks which form the reverse section of the megaphone.

Greg
Old 02-18-2014, 08:06 AM   #98
gray223 is a splendid one to beholdgray223 is a splendid one to beholdgray223 is a splendid one to beholdgray223 is a splendid one to beholdgray223 is a splendid one to beholdgray223 is a splendid one to beholdgray223 is a splendid one to behold

gray223's Tacoma Gallery
I want a spacer for the 3rz!
Old 02-18-2014, 08:22 AM   #99
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gray223 View Post
I want a spacer for the 3rz!
You can get them from Paradiseracing.com.

Old 03-05-2014, 03:16 AM   #100
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Where we at with this?