Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

WTB Frame Plugs Anyone?

Old 10-29-2013, 09:34 AM   #1
talisker is one of the sharper tools in the shedtalisker is one of the sharper tools in the shedtalisker is one of the sharper tools in the shedtalisker is one of the sharper tools in the shedtalisker is one of the sharper tools in the shedtalisker is one of the sharper tools in the shedtalisker is one of the sharper tools in the shedtalisker is one of the sharper tools in the shedtalisker is one of the sharper tools in the shedtalisker is one of the sharper tools in the shedtalisker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
talisker's Tacoma Gallery
WTB Frame Plugs Anyone?

I've noticed that some newer (above 09 or so?) Tacoma's have plastic plug inserts in the rectangle frame holes in the front wheel wells just behind the front tires. This seems like a good idea to keep the inside of the boxed frame dry while living in a north climate with road salt spray. If anyone would have a set of these for sale I'd be interested. Also, if someone could just pop one out and check to see if a part number is printed on the back, that would be great too. The stealership doesn't have a clue and can't find them in parts.

Thanks!
Old 10-29-2013, 02:23 PM   #2
talisker is one of the sharper tools in the shedtalisker is one of the sharper tools in the shedtalisker is one of the sharper tools in the shedtalisker is one of the sharper tools in the shedtalisker is one of the sharper tools in the shedtalisker is one of the sharper tools in the shedtalisker is one of the sharper tools in the shedtalisker is one of the sharper tools in the shedtalisker is one of the sharper tools in the shedtalisker is one of the sharper tools in the shedtalisker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

additional information

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisker View Post
I've noticed that some newer (above 09 or so?) Tacoma's have plastic plug inserts in the rectangle frame holes in the front wheel wells just behind the front tires. This seems like a good idea to keep the inside of the boxed frame dry while living in a north climate with road salt spray. If anyone would have a set of these for sale I'd be interested. Also, if someone could just pop one out and check to see if a part number is printed on the back, that would be great too. The stealership doesn't have a clue and can't find them in parts.

Thanks!
I think the truck that I saw this on was an 06 access cab with a new frame. The plug measures about 5/8 X 1 1/4 inches.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:18 AM   #5

Thanks guys, I'm going to order them now.

Yes, I've just used bar and chain oil to spray the entire underside. Other than the rear bed of course.

Luckily the truck has so far only seen one Vermont winter and is in good shape underneath.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:11 AM   #6
85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future
Name: Ken
85GT 79FJ40's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK View Post
90950-01987. I bought 6. There is another size I did not look into since my rezzy mount covers that hole on each side. This part number is the common one.

BTW, plastic plugs or not, the frame is still open at each end and should be corrosion proofed as a ritual.

PK
Bringing this one back to the top. I want to get some of these for my 05 and I have the dealer printout with the part numbers in front of me for the plugs. Did those fit into the rectangular holes in the front wheel wells? That part number shows as a 26.5mm width hole. I measured mine this morning and the holes are almost 40mm wide. I was thinking it was going to be part number 90950-01992 which shows a width of 38.5mm. Maybe my 05 has different holes than a 2010.