LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

New version Locking Gas Door

Old 01-19-2014, 06:06 AM   #21
clcoyle is a splendid one to beholdclcoyle is a splendid one to beholdclcoyle is a splendid one to beholdclcoyle is a splendid one to beholdclcoyle is a splendid one to beholdclcoyle is a splendid one to beholdclcoyle is a splendid one to beholdclcoyle is a splendid one to behold
clcoyle's Tacoma Gallery
very cool
Old 01-19-2014, 06:12 PM   #23
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Ummmm....you better get this bad boy patented before someone steals your idea.

This is awesome!!
Old 01-20-2014, 05:22 AM   #24
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
I personally like how this operates with unlocking the passenger doors. Nice work OP. I am getting me one of these in the future once I get through this backlog of mods sitting in my garage.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:53 AM   #25
d2mikey is on a distinguished road
d2mikey's Tacoma Gallery
Posted that I'd be interested last night. But now that post is gone. Still interested.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:09 AM   #26
eAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
eAreEyeSee's Tacoma Gallery
I have some ready to go. PM's sent out. If I missed you, sorry. Holler at me and I get you one.

Install write up posted
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-gas-door.html
Old 02-05-2014, 10:43 AM   #27
Canadian Member
Scooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Scooter's Tacoma Gallery
Very cool. I was actually working on the same thing using the exact same actuator. The latch is the only missing part on my version. I've been experimenting with diffeerent things as a latch. I see you've found something that works well.

I'm going to wire mine up to operate with the driver's door, because I need to get out of the truck to fill gas anyway. That's how it works on my wife's car. I don't see the need to unlock all the doors to unlock the fuel door. My tailgate Pop-N-Lock unlocks with the passenger door, and that makes sense to me.

Great job!
Old 02-05-2014, 11:24 AM   #28
JayB27 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
JayB27's Tacoma Gallery
Is there a need to lock our gas caps? This is pretty cool, but I never thought my gas was in jeopardy or being robbed..
Old 02-05-2014, 11:32 AM   #29
Canadian Member
Scooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Scooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayB27 View Post
Is there a need to lock our gas caps? This is pretty cool, but I never thought my gas was in jeopardy or being robbed..
Probably not. I've had mine for 6 years now, and I have had no problem so far. It's just something to do because Toyota didn't do it. It's actually the first vehicle I have owned without a locking fuel door.

The Tacomas have something in the fuel filler hose that blocks a siphon hose from reaching the fuel, but vandals can put stuff in your gas tank.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:23 AM   #30
eAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shedeAreEyeSee is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Scooter,

Thanks for the kudos. I also have a single dash button version for the folks who don't want it tied into the door locks but its been too darn cold here to install it and test it so that's why I haven't really been pushing the next batch. I wanna wait until I have both ready to go.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:41 AM   #32
Canadian Member

Scooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eAreEyeSee View Post
Scooter,

Thanks for the kudos. I also have a single dash button version for the folks who don't want it tied into the door locks but its been too darn cold here to install it and test it so that's why I haven't really been pushing the next batch. I wanna wait until I have both ready to go.
I like it tied into the door locks. It doesn't require an extra button, and I thought it's quite smart, because you don't have to think about it. I've never had an issue with it on my wife's car. Anyway, great job, Eric!
Old 02-06-2014, 10:45 AM   #33
Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

Cain's Tacoma Gallery
Dumb Question?
Ive had those actuators installed on previous trucks and mine have failed now and then, as in no longer work, if one of these fails, whats the best way to access the gas door?
Thanks
Im in for your single button version that your waiting to test out
Old 02-06-2014, 11:01 AM   #34
I too like it tied into the door locks. I don't have a blank panel on the dash for the single button but Ive had enough request that I figured I would give it a go. I happen to have an extra gauge cluster bezel so i'll drill into that for the button when I'm ready to test it without fear of screwing up.

Cain,
Did you find the write up? It might give you a better idea of whats involved to gain access. Another member had to go in through the fender liner since he didn't have the bed pockets.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-gas-door.html
Old 02-06-2014, 12:18 PM   #35
Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

Cain's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you sir 👍
Old 02-06-2014, 12:23 PM   #36
ramonortiz55 is a jewel in the roughramonortiz55 is a jewel in the roughramonortiz55 is a jewel in the roughramonortiz55 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Ramon
ramonortiz55's Tacoma Gallery
whoa.. im interested in this! do you have any kits available?
Old 02-06-2014, 12:41 PM   #37
Yes I have kits that tie into the door locks.

PM sent
Old 02-09-2014, 12:21 PM   #38
Motomariner is on a distinguished road
Motomariner's Tacoma Gallery
Attempted install today.
Several problems with Actuator-- doesn't/cannot fit as in photos, etc.
Am working with a 2011 Tacoma.
Few things need to get straightened out for this to work as in the install pics-- which must be for different actuator (or gas door assembly which seems less likely).
Look forward to hearing from OP (you've got PM).
Will send OP via MMS or email-- perhaps he can post them if appropriate/helpful to others.
Old 02-09-2014, 01:31 PM   #39
Motomariner,

PM sent. Hopefully we can work out your issues and get it working like the others.

Products Discussed in this Thread