Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

2013 Tacoma Front end Conversion

Old 02-14-2014, 07:32 PM   #1
Banned
Horten is just really niceHorten is just really niceHorten is just really niceHorten is just really nice
Name: Justin
Horten's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation 2013 Tacoma Front end Conversion

I know its not the most original modification to be doing to a pre facelift Tacoma, but I really like the front fascia of the new Tacoma's; not to say that the older models are ugly, the newer ones just catch my eye unlike any other truck on the street. Is there anybody out there that can provide me with some parts, like a silver streak mica front bumper cover, hood, headlights, and fender moldings? I am also open to advice from anybody that has done a modification like this before. In fact any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

This is what I'm working with.

This is the ultimate goal of my struggles. (The hood scoop isn't vital, but I think that we can all agree that it increases the coolness of the truck at least three fold)

Now its my understanding that the bumpers are almost what you would call interchangeable; meaning that if you have a 2012, 2013, 2014 bumper with the reinforcement bar and such, it can be mounted relatively painlessly onto a 2008 frame, requiring only a few bolts. If you know otherwise please tell me. If you have anything to sell I can pay with PayPal. you can contact me at Justin@sunharborsales.com Thanks for reading, hope you have a great valentines.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:36 PM   #2
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
If you have very little experience modifying cars I don't know if this is the first project I would tackle... However, hit up member RAD who actually has done the conversion. Sourcing the parts isn't easy unless you want to give Toyota a small fortune.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:45 PM   #3
PepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Aerial Porter
Name: Kolt
PepsiManKolt's Tacoma Gallery
I think most of the parts are direct bolt on but I can't be sure cause I have never done it. I have considered it because like you I like the facelift also.

I'd say your best bet would be to find a wrecked 2012+ with a good front end (mostly at least). There were a semi local sale to me that had a full front end for $800. I probably would have made an offer if it was the right color.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:54 PM   #4
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
If you have very little experience modifying cars I don't know if this is the first project I would tackle... However, hit up member RAD who actually has done the conversion. Sourcing the parts isn't easy unless you want to give Toyota a small fortune.
Here:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...r-perfect.html
Old 02-14-2014, 08:39 PM   #5
FF4RC5
08FireRescueTaco is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Volunteer FireFighter
Name: Hunter
08FireRescueTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Here I was thinking if I got a 2012+ id want to swap the front end back to the 2nd gen front end lol atleast now I know im not the only one who would want to try thism good luck
Old 02-14-2014, 08:44 PM   #6
A7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
A7xschecter6661's Tacoma Gallery
Another guy on here did it and it cost him well over $3k no thanks!
Old 02-15-2014, 07:15 PM   #8
Banned
Horten is just really niceHorten is just really niceHorten is just really niceHorten is just really nice
Horten's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks a lot for the headlight offer, but I got a great deal from a friend up in Las Vegas that pulled them off of a 2013 Tacoma, 200 for the both of them! Practically brand new too! After much thought I think that I can pull this off, all that's required on my half is a little time. (not to mention money) Thanks so much guys for the input.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:28 PM   #9
L J will become famous soon enoughL J will become famous soon enough

L J's Tacoma Gallery
You should go for that new TRD Pro grille too. Think of it as a boob job to go with the facelift.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:54 PM   #10
Banned
Horten's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody have any thoughts on where I can locate the parts I'm looking for?
Old 02-16-2014, 07:04 PM   #11
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpeedoJosh's Tacoma Gallery
You can follow her leads.....
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...end-stuff.html
Old 02-17-2014, 09:10 AM   #12
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Best place to look would be salvage yards for some that have been totaled but may have some parts you need intact still. Look out for members getting aftermarket bumpers for their 12+. Same with members who may be getting glass fenders. Seems like the hood would be the hardest to find, especially if you want the scooped hood. It's most likely just gonna take time and the patience and persistence of constantly looking.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:42 AM   #13
R.A.M.F (R@D A$$ MUTHA FU$KA)
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sir_Rad
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
This idea is Why?
Old 02-17-2014, 12:52 PM   #14
Banned
Horten's Tacoma Gallery
I just wanted to add that i finally!!! got a brand new intact 2013 Tacoma front bumper with fog lights! Its in perfect shape and comes with the reinforcement, and flares. Now my question is, did i get royally ripped off? i payed $550 for it shipped.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:28 PM   #15
I am a Pearl in your Oyster
ill ay is on a distinguished road

ill ay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horten View Post
I just wanted to add that i finally!!! got a brand new intact 2013 Tacoma front bumper with fog lights! Its in perfect shape and comes with the reinforcement, and flares. Now my question is, did i get royally ripped off? i payed $550 for it shipped.
If its your color matched silver already, then thats an ok deal.

You can find a perfect shaped used one from a member for around $200-250. However you'd have to wait for it to pop up in your color. That doesn't include the reinforcement crash bar underneath. So add another $50-$100 for that. So your range would be $250-$350 for that.

So in my opinion, you got a ok deal. I don't think you got ripped off, but I don't think you got yourself a deal neither.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:30 PM   #16

ill ay's Tacoma Gallery
You can save some $$$ by selling your parts off as well. You'll make this modification a tad bit cheaper. I think its a great modification to fall in love with your truck again.

I did the opposite. I sold my 06 and got myself a 2012.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:49 PM   #17
Banned
Horten's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a little dissapinted to find out that my buy wasnt such a good deal... I was just going off of what i saw on ebay, 200 dollars for a BUMPER COVER ONLY that looks like it had been to hell and back. After hearing from you guys I'm going to give the conversion a little more time, and focus on slamming this forum for parts! lol
Old 02-17-2014, 01:57 PM   #18
Phil5393 has a spectacular aura aboutPhil5393 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Phil
Phil5393's Tacoma Gallery
Also check out www.car-part.com for local junkyards
Old 02-17-2014, 01:57 PM   #19
Banned
Horten's Tacoma Gallery
Does anybody have any idea how the other guy who did this managed to ring up a $3000 bill? Did he go to the toyota place, give them his credit card, clap his hands, and say let it be done!
Old 02-17-2014, 01:58 PM   #20

ill ay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horten View Post
I'm a little dissapinted to find out that my buy wasnt such a good deal... I was just going off of what i saw on ebay, 200 dollars for a BUMPER COVER ONLY that looks like it had been to hell and back. After hearing from you guys I'm going to give the conversion a little more time, and focus on slamming this forum for parts! lol
Don't lose faith. Its hard to find parts used from locals depending on your area. You got yourself a good deal. Not great, not bad. . .

If you have time to piece it all together, then take your time and score deals. If you can't really wait much and want it on asap. Then paying a tad more to have it done faster is a reward in itself.