1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2005 DCSB TRD Sport 4x4 $15.5K OBO Feeler

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by pjenkins, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Mar 27, 2014 at 7:42 PM
    pjenkins

pjenkins [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    South Texas
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport 4x4 6sp
    ARB full replacement w/ IPF Lights and winch-ready TRD Exhaust K&N Air Filter OEM Toolbox Firestone Airbags + 1 Leaf on rear Truck Tentz bed tent Whiskey dents
    Hello TacomaWorld,

I am seeing what the market in South Texas is for my truck. Purchased it to take off road and go camping but after a year of waiting I am coming to realize that this is not an option with two young kids. Constant complaining and whining coming from my backseat is not worth the hassle. So I am going to see if I can get what I owe on it and find a sport bike until my kids are older and can actually go camping with me without being little wussies :D

2005 TRD Sport 4x4 4.0L V6 w/ Tow Package
    - 2" Leveling Kit up front
    - ARB Full bumper with IPF Lights mounted
    - Firestone RideRite Airbags in rear with under dash controls for compressor
    - Trailer Brake mounted under dash as well
    - Add a Leaf on the rear
    - Bridgestone Revo II 265/70/17 (approx. 60% left)
    - TRD Short throw shifter
    - K&N Intake
    - Tint (all windows)
    - EBC Slotted Rotors w/ Green Stuff Pads (less than 5K on them)
    - All maintenance is up to date, oil change at Cavendar Toyota here in SA was done 1K miles ago and is performed every 5K.
    - New Battery

- 125K Miles (will increase slightly; daily driver)

It does have a few cosmetic imperfections, a few notable dents beyond normal wear and tear are on the front left and right rear quarter panels and tailgate (previous owner towed a trailer 100ft before noticing it was still down). Nothing major and personally think it gives the truck some street cred. The drivers seat has a tear in the left portion from entry/exit of the cab (Wet Okole Seat Covers are due!). If you are looking for a showroom perfect truck then you're going to be disappointed. If you are looking for a rock solid rig to take just about anywhere this is a great foundation.

The truck did come with the "Throwout bearing squeak" but has not affected the truck at all. I have read extensively on this issue and have driven across Texas (1600 mile round trip) without issue. I wanted to fix it but since the clutch still has so much life I couldn't justify pulling it all apart yet. I spoke with a Rep. at URD, the total price to get their Lightweight Flywheel, Stage II Clutch, Upgraded Throwout Bearing, ARP Flywheel & Pressure Plate Bolts is $945 and can be done in an afternoon if you have tools. The TOB is only $225 if you want to keep the stock clutch/flywheel and get the squeak fixed.

Solid and Reliable Taco - has some flaws but discounted accordingly.

KBB is $16.2K in Excellent - $14.2K in Fair condition. I think it is Fair-Good and comes with a few thousand in accessories/extras.

Not interested in trades unless you have a 2004-05 ZX10-R or 2005-06 GSXR 1000 as those are the only two bikes I am looking for.

I'll throw in a bed-tent that is in good shape if you'd like. Any questions please PM.

**Toolbox in pics was sold on TW last year, sorry**

2005 DCSB.jpg
    2005 DCSB 2.jpg
    2005 DCSB 4.jpg
    2005 DCSB 5.jpg
    2005 DCSB 6.jpg

2. Mar 27, 2014 at 7:57 PM
    dYL0n

dYL0n أنا لست الإسلامي

Member:
    First Name:
    Dyl0n
    New Orleans, LA
    Vehicle:
    17TRDORDCSBQSJBLKBRO2SPECU1.04
    1.04. Kbro2s. ICONS.
    Clean truck. But i wonder how many people actually BUY tacomas from tacomworld.com?? Chances are, these people don't want to buy a truck, just but more stuff for el grande taco.

No offense, this post could have been posted anywhere. I just wanna know if there has ever been any tacoma sales on tacomaworld.com

3. Mar 27, 2014 at 8:04 PM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius

Ive seen quite a few sell on here. Ones even highly modded.

It's great to see someones build and how they treated their truck if they were an active member. Take mine for example - Carfax is clean but if you read TW you'll know I swamped it numerous times with water, engine is fubar, and I treat it like Poo.

Good luck OP!

4. Mar 27, 2014 at 9:48 PM
    pjenkins

pjenkins [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    South Texas
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport 4x4 6sp
    ARB full replacement w/ IPF Lights and winch-ready TRD Exhaust K&N Air Filter OEM Toolbox Firestone Airbags + 1 Leaf on rear Truck Tentz bed tent Whiskey dents
    I figured TW was a good starting point, at least we all understand what these trucks are and how to take care of them and more importantly what they are worth. I will be listing on CL and AutoTrader if there are no bites here. Thanks for the input nonetheless! And just for the record this thing has not been swamped out or treated like poo... Been put in 4x4 High like 6 times in a year, hence me selling it :(

5. Mar 28, 2014 at 5:25 AM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius

That's always a good thing :)

Free bump/good luck again!

Products Discussed in

To Top