1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

UPDATE 12/27/23: Homelink & other rearview mirror options for 2009-2015 Tacomas & more

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by RJP869, May 8, 2014.

1. May 8, 2014 at 7:10 AM
    RJP869

RJP869 [OP] Owner of Bob's Automotive Mirrors & More LLC

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Three Oaks, Michigan
    Vehicle:
    I don't have a Tacoma, but lots of mirrors!
    UPDATE 12/27/23 - YES, THESE ARE STILL AVAILABLE!

Hi All,

This was originally posted as a thread in the forum & I'm re-posting this in the Buy Sell Trade section based on the helpful suggestion of a fellow forum member & well, heck, this is where I should have put it in the first place, lol!! :D

Being that the thread involving the Homelink & other mirrors for the '14 Tacoma (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2n...d-gen-tacoma-marketplace/2nd...ml#post8394054) has gotten kind of lengthy, I thought I'd start a new thread to put up the info on the mirrors that have been very popular with the Tacoma owners. And so that I don't have to re-type this everytime someone emails me, I thought I'd post the pertinent details here on all the mirrors.

I figured I should also mention that, in addition to the 2009-2015 Tacoma's, these same mirror options are also available for the 2007-2009 Tundra, 2010-2015 Tundra, 2010-2014 Sequoia, and maybe even a few other models.

So here are the choices:

Used mirrors (availability is usually pretty good, but selection can vary at times):

Used Gentex autodim Homelink mirror, plug & play wiring or hardwire harness, and wire cover. Cost $149.

Used Gentex autodim compass Homelink mirror
    , plug & play wiring or hardwire harness, and wire cover. Display options - standard light blue, amber, vivid blue or green (these have the compass display window) or "hidden" light blueish-greenish or red (this is where you can't see the compass until you turn the ignition on, and then the compass letters appear to float behind the glass). Cost $149. For the hidden blueish-greenish mirrors only, you'll get a BRAND NEW mirror for $179 as we have these on special!!

Used Gentex autodim SINGLE DISPLAY compass temp mirror, standard light blue display. This version allows you to select either compass or temperature, and the mirror stays on that setting even if you turn the ignition off and on. So on these, you can effectively have a mirror that only displays temperature, which comes in handy with the compass display being on the radio on some trucks. Kit includes the custom wiring harness that plugs into the 14 pin connector above the overhead console, temperature sensor & associated wiring. For trucks without the overhead console, you would get the standard hardwire kit in place of the plug-in harness. These kits do require you to run the temperature sensor wiring out to the front of your vehicle. Cost $169.

**NEW** Gentex autodim compass temp mirror, same as above although these are the newest version of the mirror so they are a little more squared off in their styling, but only the dual display version is available that shows both compass & temperature at the same time. These are $239 including shipping within the US, and we warranty them for 3 years (versus 1 year on the used mirrors).

Used Gentex autodim compass mirror, standard light blue, amber, green or white display & hidden light blueish-greenish display available occasionally, plug & play wiring or hardwire harness, and wire cover. Cost $99.

All of the above mirrors will work in the 09-15 Tacoma's, 10-15 Tundra's and 10-14 Sequoia's as long as the truck has the 14 pin plug above the overhead console. However...some trucks may not have the battery wire in place in the 14 pin plug, so if you were to add a Homelink mirror, you would either need to add the battery wire to the plug, or I can send a modified harness that instead sends ignition power to the Homelink circuitry in the mirror...in this case, the Homelink buttons would only work when the ignition is on, instead of all the time, but the mirror would then be plug & play.

This is only a small selection of the mirrors we've got available. There are plenty more, including a variety of backup camera mirrors, some of which are even plug & play on the 09-13 Tacoma's. We also have the tailgate cameras available for these trucks as well. Pretty much anything that is distributed by Rostra or Brandmotion, or Advent, we have available for sale.

All of the above prices include priority mail shipping and insurance. For shipments to Canada, please add $30 to the total. If you're in Michigan, 6% sales tax would be additional. I do all of my invoicing thru PayPal - you can pay these invoices with a PayPal account if you have one or a credit card if you don't (a PayPal account is not required if paying by credit card).

Hopefully I covered most of the bases here. Of course if you have any other questions, please let me know.

Please email me at info@bobsmirrors.com if you would like to order a mirror or if you have any other questions. Please don't PM me here...as much as I would like to be able to reply to PM's, I am not able to get on the TW forum much at all, so email is always best. Text is good too, but if you text me, I usually will tell you to email me...so if you want to text, my number is 219-575-9220.

Thank you & have a blessed day!!
    Bob Prim
    Bob's Automotive Mirrors & More LLC
    www.bobsmirrors.com <---At long last, our new site is finally live! Please check it out when you have a moment & you can also set up an account to be made aware of specials, discounts & new product announcements (please be assured we will not spam you or sell your information to anyone – ever!).
    http://stores.ebay.com/BobsAutomotiveMirrorsAndMore (you can see what we have available in our ebay store, but don't purchase there...instead, email me directly...much better pricing that way!!) <---Like us!
    twitter.com/Bobs_Mirrors <---Follow us!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2024
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
    Jellero likes this.
  2. May 8, 2014 at 8:21 AM
    JohnNP

JohnNP ForeRunners Future Wife :)~

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Hobe Sound, FL
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB 4x4 TRD Sport JBL
    As of 11/4/15 1) Tailgate Anti-Theft Mod 2) ND4SPDBP's Fog Light Mod 3) Devil Horn Emblem 4) Weathertech Digital Floor Liners 5) ADD W-1 Vers 2 Baffled Oil Catch Can- constantly surprised at how much oil this thing captures 6) Weatherproof Under the rail LED bedlights Warm White (by Mattgecko) with hidden small cubby switch 7) Sliding Window Security Bar 8) Hood Lighting Kit Warm White /Pro Kit (by BeeRad) 9) Morimoto mini D2S retrofit HID lights w/ 55W ballasts and XB 5000k bulbs from TRS- one of the best modifications I have ever made, blows the stock lights out of the water 10) ImMrYo bracket 11) Scangauge II 12) Autodimming mirror w/ Compass/Temperature/Homelink 13) Bedrug Mat and Tailgate rug. 14) Pop n Lock Power tailgate lock w/ bolt coded to factory key. 15) Map Light w/ Door Mod 16) BakFlip HD Tonneau Cover 17) 35% Front windows ceramic tint - a very good match to factory 19) Gerber machete, because every truck needs a machete 20) Various flashlights, really love my Black Diamond Miner Mole Headlamp 21) AFE Pro Dry drop in filter 22) removed secondary charcoal air filter 23) Back up light Mod- I used the light bulb as found on page 14, 35W from Lowes. https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/886-backup-light-mod.209578/page-14 24) Hi-Lift Off Road Recovery Kit- thank you TW Secret Santa 25) Tailgate Seal 26 interior footwell/rear seat dome light controlled LEDS https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/footwell-and-rear-seat-led-light-dome-switched-mod-lots-of-pics.409428/#post-11529460 27) pelfrybilt aluminum front skid 28) morimoto XB fog lights 29) mob town front recovery bar with 2 Smitty bilt D-Rings 30) 48" Extreme Hi-Lift Jacks w/ ATO rail mounts 31) Prinsu rack 32) Rigid D2 Ditch lights 33) 40" Heretic LED bar on Prinsu Rack 34) Kawell x 6 side lights 2 spot and 1 wide per side 35) Rigid SRQ2 x 2 rear facing asshole/backup lights 36) NSA switch panel to 150amp bussman fuse on custom made mount 37) 267/70/17 BFG KO2's in C rating Pending installation 1) Rock Lights Upcoming/Possible Mods 1) Katzkin Leather Seats in black/ice grey (supposedly better factory match for the 2014) w/ Degreeze heater/cooling and TRD stitched into the seat faces thru jhuey - once I get to Arizona will buy them and have him install them 3) Total chaos UCA's 4) Kinda want to get some of the 2016 TRD Sport Rims or the grey TRD wheels the FJ cruiser/4Runners have. 5) BAMF LCA Skids 6) ICON or KING coilover 8) BAMF hidden grill light mounts 9) 20" or 30" LED light by Rigid Industries for behind the Grill. . 10) full leave pack maybe the Deaver 10 leaf set 11) ? Warn m8000 winch- really depends on if I end up doing more off roading 12) Possibly a console vault, not entirely convinced those are as secure as they would have you believe.
    Hey Bob, might I suggest bolding and/or changing the font color of each separate Mirror that you're selling and adding photos of each so they stand out. That tends to attract folks quicker. Look forward to getting my mirror on Saturday!!!!

3. May 8, 2014 at 11:24 AM
    Gone Fishin

Gone Fishin Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2014 Silver Sky Metallic DCSB TRD Off Road
    Weathertech digifit floor liners, Devil Horns by Andres, Pop & Lock Tailgate Lock, TRD bedside decals removed, ImMrYo Mirror Lift Bracket, Gentex K51A mirror from Bob (RJP869).
    Received my Gentex mirror from Bob on Monday and installed it yesterday. Looks nice and works great. Install was easy, including running the temp probe. Bob was easy to work with and shipping was fast.

tacoma909sport likes this.
  4. May 8, 2014 at 11:35 AM
    mray

mray Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2011 4cyl Base Access Cab 4x4
    I bought a Gentex autodim/backup mirror from Bob last month and installed it this weekend. Works perfectly and the price was excellent. Good guy to do business with!

5. May 10, 2014 at 3:27 AM
    Tatanka

Tatanka Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCLB TRD
    Interested in a fully loaded new mirror for a '14 Tacoma. Sent you an email via your website, and a pm here. Looking forward to hearing from you!

6. May 10, 2014 at 3:42 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I actually have a Gentex Homelink auto dimming mirror in my 07.....I bought it used years ago on ebay. It's got 3 homelink buttons and has been working great ever since.

My husband and I just moved into a new (used) house and I had to re-program my buttons. Found a video online and it was a breeze to program.

It's wired up to the overhead compass wiring/lights (constant power) so you can hit the buttons without having the truck running.

7. May 10, 2014 at 4:43 PM
    SEAN B

SEAN B Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    SEAN B.
    SAN DIEGO
    Vehicle:
    05 PRERUNNER DCSB
    MODS/UPGRADES DONE- *ICON COIL-OVERS (LEVELING KIT) *TRD INTAKE SYSTEM *TRD CAT-BACK *RIMS & TIRES *WINDOW TINT *OEM TRAILER HITCH *GRILLCRAFT MX GRILL *TRD FRONT SEATS *'09+ OEM LED TAIL LIGHTS *TAILGATE ANTI-THEFT MOD
    Sub'd for future purchase.

8. May 10, 2014 at 10:55 PM
    JohnNP

JohnNP ForeRunners Future Wife :)~

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Hobe Sound, FL
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB 4x4 TRD Sport JBL
    As of 11/4/15 1) Tailgate Anti-Theft Mod 2) ND4SPDBP's Fog Light Mod 3) Devil Horn Emblem 4) Weathertech Digital Floor Liners 5) ADD W-1 Vers 2 Baffled Oil Catch Can- constantly surprised at how much oil this thing captures 6) Weatherproof Under the rail LED bedlights Warm White (by Mattgecko) with hidden small cubby switch 7) Sliding Window Security Bar 8) Hood Lighting Kit Warm White /Pro Kit (by BeeRad) 9) Morimoto mini D2S retrofit HID lights w/ 55W ballasts and XB 5000k bulbs from TRS- one of the best modifications I have ever made, blows the stock lights out of the water 10) ImMrYo bracket 11) Scangauge II 12) Autodimming mirror w/ Compass/Temperature/Homelink 13) Bedrug Mat and Tailgate rug. 14) Pop n Lock Power tailgate lock w/ bolt coded to factory key. 15) Map Light w/ Door Mod 16) BakFlip HD Tonneau Cover 17) 35% Front windows ceramic tint - a very good match to factory 19) Gerber machete, because every truck needs a machete 20) Various flashlights, really love my Black Diamond Miner Mole Headlamp 21) AFE Pro Dry drop in filter 22) removed secondary charcoal air filter 23) Back up light Mod- I used the light bulb as found on page 14, 35W from Lowes. https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/886-backup-light-mod.209578/page-14 24) Hi-Lift Off Road Recovery Kit- thank you TW Secret Santa 25) Tailgate Seal 26 interior footwell/rear seat dome light controlled LEDS https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/footwell-and-rear-seat-led-light-dome-switched-mod-lots-of-pics.409428/#post-11529460 27) pelfrybilt aluminum front skid 28) morimoto XB fog lights 29) mob town front recovery bar with 2 Smitty bilt D-Rings 30) 48" Extreme Hi-Lift Jacks w/ ATO rail mounts 31) Prinsu rack 32) Rigid D2 Ditch lights 33) 40" Heretic LED bar on Prinsu Rack 34) Kawell x 6 side lights 2 spot and 1 wide per side 35) Rigid SRQ2 x 2 rear facing asshole/backup lights 36) NSA switch panel to 150amp bussman fuse on custom made mount 37) 267/70/17 BFG KO2's in C rating Pending installation 1) Rock Lights Upcoming/Possible Mods 1) Katzkin Leather Seats in black/ice grey (supposedly better factory match for the 2014) w/ Degreeze heater/cooling and TRD stitched into the seat faces thru jhuey - once I get to Arizona will buy them and have him install them 3) Total chaos UCA's 4) Kinda want to get some of the 2016 TRD Sport Rims or the grey TRD wheels the FJ cruiser/4Runners have. 5) BAMF LCA Skids 6) ICON or KING coilover 8) BAMF hidden grill light mounts 9) 20" or 30" LED light by Rigid Industries for behind the Grill. . 10) full leave pack maybe the Deaver 10 leaf set 11) ? Warn m8000 winch- really depends on if I end up doing more off roading 12) Possibly a console vault, not entirely convinced those are as secure as they would have you believe.
    Just installed my mirror from Bob. Can't say enough good things about it. I love this mirror!!!

9. May 10, 2014 at 11:52 PM
    stphnman20

stphnman20 Well-Known Member

Member:
    SCV
    Vehicle:
    2016 T4R
  10. May 11, 2014 at 10:31 PM
    Ernesto4

Ernesto4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Hollywood
    Vehicle:
    15 Tacoma access cab 5 lug SR5
    do you sell these mirrors for a 05 tacoma?

11. May 16, 2014 at 5:56 PM
    Tatanka

Tatanka Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCLB TRD
    Just installed my mirror with auto-dim, compass, and temp which I received 3 days after ordering it from Bob. GREAT product, fair price. Came with installation guidelines and included the temp probe, zip ties, connectors, etc. dealer wanted 3 times the price of this unit (installed). I installed it in about 60 minutes.

Thanks Bob...

81Taco likes this.
  12. May 18, 2014 at 12:36 AM
    Playwfire

Playwfire Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Buffalo, Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2003 Double Cab TRD
    OME lift
    Can someone please post some pictures? Thank you!

13. May 18, 2014 at 4:07 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    For informational purposes only: This is a Gentex mirror that I purchased many years ago off ebay (USED). This may or may not look like the mirrors Bob sells. It has auto-dimming and homelink (nothing else), Installed in my 07.

[​IMG]

If you're only looking for homelink or options that only need 'power' - you can install this into any vehicle. Give it power and it'll work.

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  14. Jun 8, 2014 at 6:26 AM
    goosekaka

goosekaka Active Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD Sp DC Superwhite
    From all of the readings, if the truck has the overhead console with the map lights, it will have the factory 12v plug right?

15. Jun 8, 2014 at 9:28 AM
    Gone Fishin

Gone Fishin Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2014 Silver Sky Metallic DCSB TRD Off Road
    Weathertech digifit floor liners, Devil Horns by Andres, Pop & Lock Tailgate Lock, TRD bedside decals removed, ImMrYo Mirror Lift Bracket, Gentex K51A mirror from Bob (RJP869).
    It should, I contacted Bob and asked him before I ordered my mirrors. He was knowledgeable about what vehicles have plugs and which do not. If he knows what vehicle you are installing the mirror in, he will have the right wire harness or plug set up for the vehicle, so you can plug in the mirror when you receive it.

You could also take the overhead console out and see if the plug is taped down in the headliner between the console and windshield. I didn't want to do that twice, so I asked Bob. PM or email Bob, he could probably tell you for sure.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  16. Jun 8, 2014 at 10:25 AM
    ElectroD

ElectroD New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Lompoc, Ca
    Vehicle:
    14 2wd ACLB offroad tow prerunner
    TRD offroad, tow package
    Subd for future

17. Jun 9, 2014 at 4:06 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Figured I'd post up a pic here...scored this Gentex 341 awhile back. It is auto-dimming/compass/temp/homelink/map light in amber. Was perfect for my RC and eliminated dicking around with fitting an overhead console in a reg cab just to have cubby for garage door opener like I had in the 05 AC. I have added homelink/compass/auto-dimming to the 2013 RAV4 and have had temp/compass/auto-dimming in my Mazda. One of my favorite mods. Useful on many levels. Go gitchas one..............

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  18. Jul 9, 2014 at 12:27 AM
    mrkabc

mrkabc Mall Crawler with a Locker

Member:
    First Name:
    Art
    Corona, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM DCSB TRD OR
    Morimoto XB LED Head & Fog Lights, Cali Raised Stealth Light bar, OEM Roof Rack, Homelink Compass Mirror, Power Tailgate Lock, LED bed lights, MESO mirrors, gashole, switch panel & Stage 2 tails, PRO grille. Where's the mall?

Where did you end up installing the temperature sensor? I read that the 2014s don't have factory wiring/mounting points any more as opposed to the earlier years.

Interested to know how you did it.

Just messaged Bob about getting one of these. :)

19. Jul 9, 2014 at 3:05 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Mine is 2008. I had no factory wiring. Only wire out the cab is the temp sensor. Mounted it in front of radiator behind middle of bumper on radiator core support.

20. Aug 8, 2014 at 2:28 PM
    Z E R 0

Z E R 0 Well-Known Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma 4x4
    hello, are you still selling this mirror? Used Gentex or MagnaDonnelly autodim compass temp mirror, standard light blue display (small display window). Kit includes the custom wiring harness that plugs into the 14 pin connector above the overhead console, temperature sensor & associated wiring & the wire cover too. For trucks without the overhead console, you would get the standard hardwire kit in place of the plug-in harness. These kits do require you to run the temperature sensor wiring out to the front of your vehicle. Cost $139.

thx

Products Discussed in

To Top