1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2nd Gen Tacoma V6 Solid Motor Mounts

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by rcfreak201, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Feb 9, 2015 at 2:27 PM
    sytfu510

sytfu510 Instagram: tacoma510

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    06 DBL Cab Long Bed TRD Sport
    Dirt Designs LT kit front and 3 link kit rear SCS Wheels BAMF rack, bumper ,sliders
    hmm....

2. Feb 22, 2015 at 4:05 PM
    rzimm001

rzimm001 Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 Long-Travel
    King 10" coilovers w/ resi. 3.5" over long travel kit. Factory spindles w/ ALLPRO gussets. Total Chaos tower gussets. Energy Poly cab mounts and steering rack mounts. Glassworks fenders and bedsides. Home fabbed bed cage. King 2.5x16 bypass shocks in the rear. DMZ long travel rear end. Race radio (2meter). Removed secondary carbon air filter. Exhaust dumped before the axle / no muffler. Phram fresh air cabin filter. K&N replacement filter, After market stereo, Grillcraft grill, custom fabled roof rack with 7" HID's, PRP race seats.
    Anybody else down for a group buy?? These are next on my list.

3. Mar 9, 2015 at 10:43 PM
    rcfreak201

rcfreak201 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hit up Landon or Bonzen, they will hook you up.

I've offroaded with mine a handful of times now and they're great, really stoked on having these on my truck

4. Mar 9, 2015 at 10:48 PM
    rzimm001

rzimm001 Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:
    King 10" coilovers w/ resi. 3.5" over long travel kit. Factory spindles w/ ALLPRO gussets. Total Chaos tower gussets. Energy Poly cab mounts and steering rack mounts. Glassworks fenders and bedsides. Home fabbed bed cage. King 2.5x16 bypass shocks in the rear. DMZ long travel rear end. Race radio (2meter). Removed secondary carbon air filter. Exhaust dumped before the axle / no muffler. Phram fresh air cabin filter. K&N replacement filter, After market stereo, Grillcraft grill, custom fabled roof rack with 7" HID's, PRP race seats.
    They're working on my order as we speak.

Good to hear positive feedback on these. I can't wait to get mine installed. Did you change your trans mount as well?

5. Mar 9, 2015 at 10:58 PM
    rcfreak201

rcfreak201 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I will once they start making them. I don't have an extra mount for them to make a jig from.

6. Mar 19, 2015 at 7:51 AM
    Bonzen

Bonzen @solid_offroad

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Lake Havasu City
    Vehicle:
    The Silver Bullet
    Everything.
    Really stoked to hear that you are happy with the prototype set rcfreak201. Everything you stated as far as drivability and confidence is why we built these.

rzimm001 your set is about halfway built. I'm estimating they will ship by Wednesday of next week.

For everyone that has asked or wondered, "why do I need solid motor mounts"....check out the pictures below. This is what happens when you jump or really drive you truck offroad. Once the rubber puck starts to tear and separate from the mount, or the center pin breaks it's all downhill. And trust me it's an expensive uphill after that...Our solid mounts can prevent this from happening to you and costing you thousands of dollars in damages.

IMG_2767.jpg
    IMG_2768.jpg

7. Mar 19, 2015 at 8:51 AM
    aubi1414

aubi1414 War Eagle!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Pensacola, FL
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma TRD Sport Blue Ribbon Metallic
    LED Dome, LED Map, LED License Plate Bulbs, , Konig SixShooters Matte Black, Toyo Open Country ATII's 285 70 17, Satoshi, Bilstein 5100s (set to 0), 885s, LR UCA's, Icon RR 2.0 +2, All Pro Standard 3" Leaf Pack, All Pro Flip Kit, Sway Bar Relocate, Exhaust Chop, Antenna X 14", Debadged, Tint, Matt123 Black TRD Skid, Black Weathertech Mats
    Can someone pretty skilled at tackling most projects install these. How difficult is this to do and do they benefit a mall crawler at all? :)

8. Mar 19, 2015 at 8:55 AM
    rzimm001

rzimm001 Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:
    It's hard out here for a mall crawler. You might just need these lol

Stryker420 likes this.
  9. Mar 19, 2015 at 9:01 AM
    rzimm001

rzimm001 Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:
    The install is doable but a pain in the ass. You'll be working in tight quarters. A bit of a knuckle buster. The result should be awesome though. Definitely going to feel the vibes of the engine more. Especially at idle. If your okay with that then join the club. No more flopping engine at high speed.

10. Mar 23, 2015 at 9:21 AM
    Bonzen

Bonzen @solid_offroad

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Lake Havasu City
    Vehicle:
    The Silver Bullet
    Everything.
    Exactly. At idle it's a little more vibration...but there is no way to get around that as the stock weak absorbent rubber bushing is replaced with a stronger harder polyurethane one. While driving you shouldn't really feel anything extra.

Like said the added benefit is a snappier acceleration. you will have more horsepower transmitted to the rear wheels and it is a noticeable feel. Who doesn't want that!

Stryker420 likes this.
  11. Mar 27, 2015 at 9:44 AM
    Motomon

Motomon Woof

Member:
    Central Coast, CA
    stuff and things
    subscribed. I need to get under my truck and look because I think I broke my mounts while, ya know, "doin' stuff".

12. Apr 1, 2015 at 2:49 PM
    Bonzen

Bonzen @solid_offroad

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Lake Havasu City
    Vehicle:
    The Silver Bullet
    Everything.
    We have a solution for that lol

13. Apr 2, 2015 at 1:29 AM
    Basikbiker

Basikbiker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trav
    Vehicle:
    09 AccCab 4x4 spaceship
    My doors are the only stock things left besides the headlights
  14. Apr 2, 2015 at 1:54 AM
    12TRDTacoma

12TRDTacoma Powered by Ford, GM, VW, and Mercedes

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Concordia
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4 Supercharged
    Boosted
    Me likey these. I'll be keeping an eye on this!

15. Apr 3, 2015 at 8:14 PM
    rzimm001

rzimm001 Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:
    Thanks Bonzen!
    Got my motor mounts installed a few days ago. So far I'm happy with them. I did the install without help so it took 4 hours approximately, but it was simply the cramped working space that made things difficult. The install was self explanatory without instructions. In retrospect I would have ditched the Toyota nuts and bolts because some have tabs that make it hard to put a socket/ wrench on them.

The vibes are barely noticeable and only at idle. Gives the front end a slightly more solid feel and will help prevent coil bucket flex too. Didn't notice a change in horsepower though haha.
    0859ee624a31a3637a1148de6fc883f0_3a46eca374e19b9735826b91dd48cc8447f7d8a4.jpgb18257f7ea56c6fcbb30b74d9873ddc4_3b1378ee49841eedd69b0f8656999e747d5d5e84.jpg

Crom likes this.
  16. Apr 7, 2015 at 2:50 PM
    Bonzen

Bonzen @solid_offroad

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Lake Havasu City
    Vehicle:
    The Silver Bullet
    Everything.
    Awesome! Thanks for taking a few pics to show these installed & glad that you are happy with the product. It is a PITA due to the cramped area to work in but glad to see you were able to get it done as a one man job. Like you said the install is self explanatory and straightforward. As far as HP increase, it definitely doesn't add HP haha but it will lessen the energy loss from a flexing drivetrain and send more power to the rear wheels. I figured this out back in 2003 the first time I grenaded a stock set of motor mounts and attempted to keep driving, truck felt like it lost 100 hp!

If your frame/perches are bent due to prior off road abuse/jumping without an engine cage and/or frame perch gusseting, it could be more difficult to get everything to line up. In that case some slight modification to the holes (ovaling/slotting where needed) may be nessacery as we build these mounts from a weld fixture that was designed and built off of straight, undamaged mounts and test fitted in a straight, uncompromised truck. However this would be a very simple process that any installer/fab shop should be able to do easily. Each mount is fully welded and allowed to cool inside the fixtures, and test fitted in the fixture again after final assembly/paint. Spacers/shims are used in the welding process to allow for weld shrinkage/pulling as well. When we get the website up and running (hopefully soon) we will have this and much more info to help with any questions a customer may have.

Key-Rei likes this.
  17. Apr 8, 2015 at 6:49 AM
    ls1 prerunner

ls1 prerunner Internet Scientist

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    El Paso, TX
    Vehicle:
    19 Golf .:R & 11 4x4 TRD LT S/C
    TRD S/C, Camburg LT, DMZ SUA, SAW Shocks in all four corners, Glassworks hood, fenders and Bedsides, 35" Toyo MT, KMC Enduros
    I'm interested, are you guys only doing the motor mount and leaving the factory tranny mount in place?

Stryker420 likes this.
  18. Apr 8, 2015 at 7:26 AM
    VolcomTacoma

VolcomTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport 4x4 6 Speed Supercharged
    Front- Camburg 4x4 Long Travel 2.5" King Coilovers 2.5" King Triple Bypasses Wheelers Superbumps Rear- DMZ SUA 16" 3.0 King Triple Bypasses 3" 2.0 Fox bumps Wheels and Tires- 295/75/16 Toyo ATII XTREME SCS SR8 Dark Matte Bronze 16" Lighting- (2) 30" Combo light bars (4) Iggycorp diffused pods Tepui Ayer TRD Supercharger URD Mark III 3" Exhaust URD 4x4 Y Pipe URD CAI URD 2.85 Stealth Pulley Hurst Core Shifter with Hurst T URD Stage 3 clutch URD Lightweight flywheel URD Throw out bearing upgrade AEM Wideband AFR Gauge Speedhut Boost Gauge Craven Speed Flex Pod mount Weathertech Floor Liners BAMF Sliders Ultragauge sPod SE ARB CKMTA12 Hella Supertone horns Relentless Tailgate Reinforcement
    I likey, subbed for a future purchase!

19. Apr 8, 2015 at 8:18 AM
    Bonzen

Bonzen @solid_offroad

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Lake Havasu City
    Vehicle:
    The Silver Bullet
    Everything.
    The tranny mount is not as critical as the motor mounts as we don't see these failing nearly as often. However it is on the list of "to do" projects. I broke a stock one on my manual back in the day so I do know they can and will break.

20. Jul 6, 2015 at 10:42 AM
    ls1 prerunner

ls1 prerunner Internet Scientist

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    El Paso, TX
    Vehicle:
    19 Golf .:R & 11 4x4 TRD LT S/C
    TRD S/C, Camburg LT, DMZ SUA, SAW Shocks in all four corners, Glassworks hood, fenders and Bedsides, 35" Toyo MT, KMC Enduros
    Thread revival, I got a feeling I busted a motor mount because my driver side header is hitting the coil bucket. Are these still being made or available?

Products Discussed in

To Top