1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FOR SALE: Center Console False Bottoms

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by cgs2k2, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Feb 13, 2015 at 12:04 PM
    cgs2k2

cgs2k2 [OP] old man

Member:
    2 things about thieves breaking into your car: they are usually stupid, and they are always in a hurry. This is not a lockable compartment or safe, but it will stop almost 100% of thieves from finding your goods.

Park your truck outside in a private or public lot where you live or at work? Go into the city and don't want some bum stealing your GPS? This is perfect for that.

Testament to concealedness:
    I had a local guy I made one for go through customs into Canada and get his car searched by 2 Canadian officers and they did not find his compartment. He did not have anything in the compartment at the time except spare cash, and he forgot the compartment was in there, otherwise he would have removed it before crossing. I'm not advocating crossing the boarder without removing this or at least letting the officers know it is there. But it shows that even people who are trained to search vehicles, and have all the time they need could not identify the compartment.

If you'd like one, please PM me and I can turn one out in a week or less depending on my schedule.

False bottom made of rigid cardboard/wood type stuff, raised about 2" on wooden pegs. Very sturdy, no flex at all.

Covered in generic automotive carpeting.

Pops in and out easily by pushed on the far edge of the front corner, but will not just fold up if you put things there - you need to put a significant amount of pressure (just a few pounds worth) to get it to flip up.

This is not to be used for concealing a handgun/weapon, or any illicit substances! I use mine to put ipod, cash, and sometimes my GPS.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Price is $45. Send me a PM or comment below if you are interested. It's a first-come first-served kind of deal.

If you have any comment, criticisms or questions. Please let me know.

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  2. Feb 13, 2015 at 12:18 PM
    ranger098

ranger098 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Minnesota
    This is pretty sweet.

3. Feb 13, 2015 at 12:20 PM
    headhunter247

headhunter247 Well-Known Member

Member:
    St. Louis, MO area
    Vehicle:
    18 Taco Double Cab TRD
    5100's all around, OME 888 and Dakars. ProComp Series 05. Cooper SST Maxx 275s.
    Can you post more pics of the construction of the false bottom? Id like to see a side shot as well as from the bottom.

4. Feb 13, 2015 at 12:30 PM
    cgs2k2

cgs2k2 [OP] old man

Member:
    thanks gentlemen. i'm at work right now, but will get pictures up this afternoon of the sides/bottom.

5. Feb 13, 2015 at 12:36 PM
    cgs2k2

cgs2k2 [OP] old man

Member:
    PM replied. Thanks again!

Sounds like a good idea to me. Great way to keep things separate/organized.

6. Feb 13, 2015 at 12:40 PM
    Benson X

Benson X My build thread sucks...

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Olympia, WA
    Vehicle:
    '11 MGM DC/LB
    If you don't draw blood, you're doing it wrong!
    This is freaking sweet! I can't use it with my hidden CB, but things like this are the reason I love TW! :)

So many innovative ideas come from our members here, I LOVE IT!!! It's great to see people design a simple and effective solution and share it on here (and hopefully make a few bucks in the process)

:headbang:

7. Feb 13, 2015 at 12:43 PM
    Telkins88

Telkins88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Sport 4x4 Premium
    Goodyear Ultraterrain AT 265/70r17 1” front and rear lift
    Nice product!

8. Feb 13, 2015 at 12:44 PM
    cgs2k2

cgs2k2 [OP] old man

Member:

:thumbsup:

Thanks my friend. I've been inspired by many other people's needs as well as my own. I hope this can help people keep their hard earned stuff safe and give owners peace of mind.

#1! Exactly what I do with my stuff btw.

9. Feb 13, 2015 at 2:08 PM
    DriveAway

DriveAway New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 XRunner
    My cousin may be interested, he's pretty weird, may hide some interesting things in there.. what do you think?

10. Feb 13, 2015 at 3:02 PM
    cgs2k2

cgs2k2 [OP] old man

Member:
    I can't stop him from hiding whatever he wants in there - just be aware of your local laws before putting anything in a hidden compartment.

11. Feb 13, 2015 at 3:04 PM
    cgs2k2

cgs2k2 [OP] old man

Member:
    Here you go!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pirhett and LUNCHBOX66 like this.
  12. Feb 13, 2015 at 6:22 PM
    ProForce

ProForce IG @proforce.expeditions OB#5411

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    SoCal - Fontana
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM TRD Sport DCSB 4.0 Auto 2wd
    Too many to list. See build page. Link in signature
    This is pretty sweet. Im not knocking it, as I would personally have one to store important items to conceal from theft, but just an FYI so you dont get in trouble, im not sure what state your in but here in Cali the code states:

Every person who designs, constructs, builds, alters, or fabricates a false compartment for, or installs or attaches a false compartment to, a vehicle with the intent to store, conceal, smuggle, or transport a controlled substance shall be punished by imprisonment pursuant to subdivision (h) of Section 1170 of the Penal Code for 16 months or two or three years." (Health & Saf. Code sec. 11366.8(b).)

With that being said, even without malicious or devious intent, your extra "medication" cant be there if its controlled. If its not OTC its probably controlled. This is a Felony. So double check your laws before you put your meds there.

Again before people get all butthurt and start flamming me this is just a helpful tip, its not meant to bash the OP product.

But good luck with your sales :)

HoustonFive and Pirhett like this.
  13. Feb 13, 2015 at 6:40 PM
    Clearwater Bill

Clearwater Bill Never answer an anonymous letter

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Largo Florida
    Vehicle:
    '13 5 lug AC w/convenience package
    A few OE parts from fancy trucks
    Handy concept for those of us that bicycle or kayak and want to leave wallets/cell phones in the vehicle while gone.

whatstcp, Gunshot-6A and HoustonFive like this.
  14. Feb 13, 2015 at 6:44 PM
    Tgreening

Tgreening Check Check

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Offroad

I wouldn't flame, but I would question. Just reading the CA code I would think first someone would have to prove intent, and I don't see that being an easy thing to do. Since this person is designing these for sale to the general population I think it would be fairly difficult to prove that illegal substance concealment is his intent. Now if someone gets caught concealing drugs under it, well, they've already got a handful of problems.

I'd also question your claim on the prescription drugs. As long as the person in the vehicle has a prescription for said drugs I don't see the problem. It would be no different than having them stuffed in a sock inside my gym bag under a bag of trash in the trunk of my car.

You may very well be correct but, and no offense, I see no reason to take your word for it. At the very least you should cite some sources, and just copy/pasting code doesn't do it. After all, it's obvious I read that and draw a different conclusion than you do. I would want to see legal precedent.

Norton likes this.
  15. Feb 14, 2015 at 12:45 AM
    ProForce

ProForce IG @proforce.expeditions OB#5411

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    SoCal - Fontana
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM TRD Sport DCSB 4.0 Auto 2wd
    Too many to list. See build page. Link in signature
    ^^ and i couldnt agree more with you on all of that. Im just throwing it out there because as much as I'm pro LEO we all know the justice system doesnt always follow the "spirit of the law" as its intended but often times follows the letter of the law for the conviction. Bottom line is there are laws against false/hidden/concealed compartments in vehicles and as you've shown everyone interprets those laws slightly different. So i just think its a fair statement that any buyer should probably check their state laws and consider the possible consequences of using such item for their intended purpose.

16. Feb 14, 2015 at 7:22 AM
    cgs2k2

cgs2k2 [OP] old man

Member:
    Great points guys. Thanks, I have thought about that and made sure to put in my description before posting that this should not be used for concealing drugs or weapons of any kind. You may be right about the prescription drug thing, although i'm not sure. This is seriously designed to hide GPS, emergency cash, other goods or as a method to organize the center console.

:thumbsup: exactly! camping, biking, etc. don't want to carry your wallet and gps with you, stash it under the shelf and you can assume it will be there when you get back.

17. Feb 14, 2015 at 8:34 AM
    MyToyTaco

MyToyTaco ╒╪╕

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    wenatchee, wa
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4x4
    This is a good idea, but I have an idea for you to expand on. Make a solid edge standoff, instead of dowells. Mount a strong magnet under it, and use a magnet to lift it up when you want to get inside of it. Maybe not even a solid edge but more dowells, that way you cant push down on a corner and have the other side lift up.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  18. Feb 14, 2015 at 8:50 AM
    epa4wd

epa4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eduardo
    Vehicle:
    2019 SR
    Clazzio Seat Covers OR Wheels 40% tint Side Steps KC Fog Lights
    ... and make the top side instead of flat, into an organizer/dividers, so its easier to pull off the complete unit from the magnets to get to the bottom/hidden compartment.

19. Feb 15, 2015 at 1:31 PM
    cgs2k2

cgs2k2 [OP] old man

Member:
    Bump still have a couple!

Sorry forgot to respond - these are great ideas! Thanks for the feedback!

Not sure exactly how I would make that work and still keep costs down. Also, keep in mind, this has to be able to slide in and out of the console without removing the lid for it to be convenient at all.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  20. Feb 16, 2015 at 7:09 AM
    cgs2k2

cgs2k2 [OP] old man

Member:
    Bumper

Products Discussed in

To Top