Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

Custom auxiliary fuse panel FS thread

Old 04-12-2011, 11:29 AM   #21
tooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kellon
tooblutacoma06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL TACOROJO
could you do this for a 1st gen??????
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHS2846bg8 View Post
X2!
Sure could, just need envelope dimensions/pictures. If anyone is interested in sending me the information necessary to design one, I would be willing to work you out a killer deal on the prototype
Old 04-12-2011, 05:24 PM   #22
qnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

qnyla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblutacoma06 View Post
Do you have a picture of the difference in the configuration? I don't have access to a truck with ATRAC but I might be able to figure something out if someone can post up some good pictures and measurements of the reservoir.
Sure. I can get you some photos and measurements. I think the passenger side may actually work better.

Here are some general photos now. I will PM you with some better photos later. Thanks.

Here is the driver's side (2006 6 speed DC TRD Offroad)

and passenger side

More

Attached Thumbnails
Custom auxiliary fuse panel FS thread-img_9424-1024.jpg   Custom auxiliary fuse panel FS thread-img_9425-1024.jpg   Custom auxiliary fuse panel FS thread-img_9439-1024.jpg   Custom auxiliary fuse panel FS thread-img_9441-1024.jpg  
Old 04-12-2011, 07:21 PM   #23
Expedition Style
sierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
sierrahsky's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sierrahsky
For the 09+ guys with a manual and a-trac, I modified a plate like the op is making to fit in the area with the clutch fluid res and it worked great. I hope the op can get something built to fit the newer tacos as I would be a buyer for sure! My plate is not very well done as I had to hack it to fit.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:54 PM   #25
Experienced Noob
MHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: 911 Dispatch/R-LEO
Name: Nate
MHS2846bg8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sure could, just need envelope dimensions/pictures. If anyone is interested in sending me the information necessary to design one, I would be willing to work you out a killer deal on the prototype
Sweet, I'll see if I can write up dimensions tomorrow!
Old 04-13-2011, 07:09 AM   #26
tooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by qnyla View Post
Sure. I can get you some photos and measurements. I think the passenger side may actually work better.

Here are some general photos now. I will PM you with some better photos later. Thanks.

Here is the driver's side (2006 6 speed DC TRD Offroad)

and passenger side

More

Hmm, the driver's side is a little more crowded than I anticipated. It would be really tight with all the wires there too.

The passenger side is much more well acquainted room wise, but then you have to run wires a lot longer. It looks like I have about the same space on my passenger side so I'll work up a template for that as well.

How does the reservoir mount on its bracket? Does it just slide over a tab? Perhaps I could make a provision for that in panel design.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:25 PM   #27
I've got 4 aluminum panels cut and ready for drilling.

I've come up with a new scheme for mounting the bracket as well that does not require drilling into the fender. It uses a similar bracket as the original but mounts in between the OEM fuse box mount and the fender well. Here's a rendering showing how it would look:

EDIT: blemished panels gone
Old 08-07-2011, 02:36 PM   #28
TacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
TacoTabe's Tacoma Gallery
What if you have a newer model with A-Trac, but not a manual transmission? Any fit issues? (I'd go out and pop the hood to check but my truck's at the dealership)...

Definitely interested as I need something for my winch and PIAAs to be installed in the next month or so
Old 08-07-2011, 10:47 PM   #29
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've got 4 aluminum panels cut and ready for drilling.

I've come up with a new scheme for mounting the bracket as well that does not require drilling into the fender. It uses a similar bracket as the original but mounts in between the OEM fuse box mount and the fender well. Here's a rendering showing how it would look:

I've also got two panels with "blemishes": misplaced holes due to measurement mishaps. On one, the hole would be completely covered by the fuse panel, and the other the hole would be covered by the circuit breaker. If you're interested in one of these, I'd sell them for a discounted rate.

Here's some pictures of the unfinished panels:

The blemished ones (they are also still not finished):
This one is drilled for a 185/285 surface mount breaker and 12 circuit panel with negative bus. Also room for 2 relays.

This one is drilled for a 185/285 panel mount and a 12 circuit panel with negative bus.
How much $$$?
Old 08-08-2011, 10:23 AM   #30
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTabe View Post
What if you have a newer model with A-Trac, but not a manual transmission? Any fit issues? (I'd go out and pop the hood to check but my truck's at the dealership)...

Definitely interested as I need something for my winch and PIAAs to be installed in the next month or so

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
Any word on the 6sp, A-TRAC guys, did you get a chance to work anything up for us?
I never got the measurements I needed for the A-TRAC model. If someone wants to provide me with measurements I'd be glad to work on something. I don't think it would be convenient to run all the wires from the driver side over to the passenger's side either. But I can come up with a different pattern for that side if someone wants. Just send a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
How much $$$?
Prices are on the first page of this thread.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:32 PM   #32
JaysTOY is on a distinguished road
Name: J
JaysTOY's Tacoma Gallery
subed... ttt.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:58 AM   #34
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I'm interested as well, do they come with the fuse block? I'm guessing no, looks like blue sea brand can you verify? Thank you.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:23 AM   #35
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
They are the bluesea fuse blocks.

I might be ordering another if they fit the new 4runners.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:44 PM   #36
GTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GTABurnout's Tacoma Gallery
Have any for sale right now? Looking for one for a 07. Also can you list the fuse block and the switch these are made to fit?
Old 10-10-2011, 05:25 PM   #37
Overland Hadley is on a distinguished road

Overland Hadley's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTABurnout View Post
Have any for sale right now? Looking for one for a 07.
x2
Old 10-11-2011, 10:37 AM   #38
Sorry guys! I guess my email notifications got turned off or something. I'm still making these! I'll be replying to all the PMs I got today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
I'm interested as well, do they come with the fuse block? I'm guessing no, looks like blue sea brand can you verify? Thank you.
Yes, as MrGrimm stated, I did use the Blue Sea block.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTABurnout View Post
Have any for sale right now? Looking for one for a 07. Also can you list the fuse block and the switch these are made to fit?
I do have them for sale and will be replying to messages. A list of all the hardware used should be in the install thread that I linked to in the OP. Let me know if you have any other questions about it.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:47 AM   #39
TRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
TRDguyKC's Tacoma Gallery
subb'd for future reference. Nice work btw.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:10 AM   #40
Team no taco
Cinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 9th BN 94th DIV Instructor
Name: Jose
Cinco's Tacoma Gallery
WooHoo! This is one less thing I have to make (or at least try to make).