Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

Custom auxiliary fuse panel FS thread

Old 01-22-2010, 05:26 PM   #1
tooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kellon
tooblutacoma06's Tacoma Gallery
Custom auxiliary fuse panel FS thread

Following my post for my auxiliary fuse block install (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...k-install.html), I got quite a few inquiries on producing some extra mounting panels.

So here's the deal:

I will be making the panel I used in my install for anyone who wants one. The panels are CNC cut from 1/8" corrosion resistant aluminum. I offer a couple of different finishes: powder coated black or bead blasted. I can also include custom hole patterns for accessories.,I would just need the measurements. I will also be including stainless steel hardware that will allow you to bolt the plate up to the threaded holes on the fenderwall.

Process:
The way it will run is that whoever is interested can send me a PM with what option panel they want (from the list below). Payment will be via PayPal and once payment is received I will get the panel shipped out (depending on my inventory level). I do have a full time job (in Oil and Gas, no less, which operates 24/7/365) and I am doing this on the side just to help out fellow owners (after all is said and done I don't make too much off of these). So please bare with me on production times. I will ship USPS as they are the cheapest and easiest.

All panels will come with the necessary stainless steel fasteners to mount it to the truck and to mount the support bracket.

Currently, my design fits the following models:

2005-current manual/automatic without ATRAC
2005-current automatic with ATRAC

Cost:
So here is the current price break down:

Option 1: panel with pre-drilled hole patterns for Blue Sea 5026 fuse block and Blue Sea model 187 surface mount breaker and powder coated black - $75 shipped inside continental US

Option 2: blank panel with mounting holes only and bead blasted finish - $60 Shipped inside continental US

Option 3: custom hole patterns drilled based on customer providing hole pattern dimensions of desired hardware - $65 shipped inside continental US

Add ons:

Support bracket including black powder coating - $7

Black powder coating if your panel doesn't already come with it - $15

If you have any questions or I did not cover something, certainly let me know and I'll clear it up. Thanks guys!

Here's some pics of the original panel, and how it looks like mounted:

Customer's custom finishing (he bought a blank panel and drilled his own bolt patterns):

Here are some renderings of the CURRENT DESIGN that fits ATRAC (automatics) or non-ATRAC models:

Customer's install with ATRAC:

Let me know if you have any questions!
Old 01-22-2010, 05:29 PM   #2
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
that's pretty slick! if i didn't have a pa speaker right there i'd be very interested.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:30 PM   #3
MJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Michael
MJonesTrumpet's Tacoma Gallery
Nice set-up!!! Do you still make the brackets for these? I'll send ya a PM as well. Thanks!
Old 12-07-2010, 03:56 PM   #4
MadeInMaine
MadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Owen
MadeInMaine's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MadeInMaine
PMed!
Old 12-07-2010, 04:09 PM   #5
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-07-2010, 05:50 PM   #6
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Crazy
DdayIsNear's Tacoma Gallery
still makin these
Old 12-07-2010, 07:43 PM   #7
Tacohead
HuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant future

Name: Kevin
HuntnTruk's Tacoma Gallery
Is there any problem using this system in conjunction with a dual battery set up with an isolator?
Old 12-14-2010, 03:08 PM   #8
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
You still making these?
Old 12-30-2010, 02:43 PM   #9
RCL will become famous soon enoughRCL will become famous soon enough

Army:
Name: Bob
RCL's Tacoma Gallery
Checking to see if these are available.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:39 AM   #10
tooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post
You still making these?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCL View Post
Checking to see if these are available.
PMs sent!

For those interested, I'm still making these panels.

One design change though:The bracket no longer requires modification to the truck for install. It uses a factory bolt location for the OEM fuse box.

Also, I now am offering the option of an aluminum plate like mine. It is also 1/8" thickness. I have much more capable cutting equipment now. Here's the advantages to Al:
-corrosion resistant
-light weight (density ~1/3 that of steel)
-can be anodized for custom colors
-easier to drill into than steel (for additions to the panel)

Prices:
EDIT: See OP for pricing.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'd be glad to answer them. Thanks!
Old 02-13-2011, 05:29 PM   #11
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed for when I start this project. Great work Kellon
Old 02-16-2011, 07:36 PM   #12
Just posting a little update. Three members' panels in three different stages.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:27 AM   #13
Experienced Noob
MHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: 911 Dispatch/R-LEO
Name: Nate
MHS2846bg8's Tacoma Gallery
Nice job! Love your install btw...wish these were for a 1st gen...
Old 04-11-2011, 02:48 PM   #14
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
could you do this for a 1st gen??????
Old 04-11-2011, 03:00 PM   #15
Expedition Style
sierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
sierrahsky's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sierrahsky
Big question I have and I found this out the hard way. Can you make one for a 2009+, the engine bay is different on the config and my last purchase of one of these ( not from this forum) did not fit. It was for an 07 and I had to rebuild from scratch.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:50 PM   #16
Experienced Noob
MHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: 911 Dispatch/R-LEO
Name: Nate
MHS2846bg8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL TACOROJO View Post
could you do this for a 1st gen??????
X2!
Old 04-11-2011, 08:10 PM   #17
Expedition Style
sierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
sierrahsky's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sierrahsky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
Only the OR addition's with ATRAC correct?
I have the off road version with a-trac but I believe its the same set up for anything with a 6speed. I will double check the trucks on our lot that dont have atrac.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:08 PM   #18
qnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

qnyla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrahsky View Post
I have the off road version with a-trac but I believe its the same set up for anything with a 6speed. I will double check the trucks on our lot that dont have atrac.
I have the same question. I'd like one of these, but I have a 6 speed OR with ATRAC and the typical mounting location is taken by a clutch fluid reservoir so the only real mounting location is on the passenger side...thus the design will be different.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:18 AM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrahsky View Post
Big question I have and I found this out the hard way. Can you make one for a 2009+, the engine bay is different on the config and my last purchase of one of these ( not from this forum) did not fit. It was for an 07 and I had to rebuild from scratch.
Do you have a picture of the difference in the configuration? I don't have access to a truck with ATRAC but I might be able to figure something out if someone can post up some good pictures and measurements of the reservoir.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:20 AM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by qnyla View Post
I have the same question. I'd like one of these, but I have a 6 speed OR with ATRAC and the typical mounting location is taken by a clutch fluid reservoir so the only real mounting location is on the passenger side...thus the design will be different.
So the passenger side is empty right? Do you have a picture of it so that I can verify its the same as mine. If so, I can work up a design for the passenger side too, that way there will be multiple options.