Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

FS: 2nd Gen ('05-'10) Lower Center Dash Panel

Old 02-22-2010, 11:48 PM   #1
Taco Fever - I've got it bad!
billyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
billyjoe's Tacoma Gallery
FS: 2nd Gen ('05-'10) Lower Center Dash Panel

SOLD!

I have a Lower Center Dash Panel from my '05 Taco. I am selling since I recently replaced it with the '09 version that has 3 switch bays. It's in very good condition with a couple of very light scratches. Dealer sells this for $120.04. Asking $30 shipped.
Attached Thumbnails
FS: 2nd Gen ('05-'10) Lower Center Dash Panel-img_1377.jpg   FS: 2nd Gen ('05-'10) Lower Center Dash Panel-img_1378.jpg  
Old 02-23-2010, 09:31 PM   #2
mhlden is on a distinguished road
mhlden's Tacoma Gallery
Man I think you are starting to be my hero, it seems you are doing all the upgrades i am wanting to do to my truck... We need to talk, I could definetly use some advice on a few items as I purchased my truck used more as a project to have something to do...

Mike
Old 02-24-2010, 12:37 AM   #3
billyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhlden View Post
I could definetly use some advice...
What did you have in mind?
Old 02-24-2010, 12:44 AM   #4
mhlden's Tacoma Gallery
The stering wheel upgrade with the power outlet upgrade would be two good starting points...
Old 02-24-2010, 01:52 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhlden View Post
The stering wheel upgrade with the power outlet upgrade would be two good starting points...
I covered Steering Wheel Audio Controls upgrade in my BST posting for the clockspring.

Regarding the lower center panel, it all started with my wife wanting to be able to play MP3/WMA CDs. We both like to maintain the OEM look in our vehicles. So, I replaced the radio with an '09 model. Since the '09 radio directly supported an AUX Input, I replaced the Lower Center panel to keep the OEM look of the '09 with regard to the AUX-IN jack. Of course this required an OEM AUX Jack along with an aux-cable, PAC audio isolator, and 5 "Terminal Repair" wires to insert into the "R3" connector that plugs into the back of the radio. The '09 radio also supports ASL so I connected the SPD signal to R3 to enable this feature as well.

'09 Radio (eBay): $100
AUX Jack (TW): $ 25
AUX Cable (Toyota): $ 12
PAC SNI-1/3.5 (eBay): $ 10
6 R3 wires (eBay): $ 15

Total = $162

Entire project was quite easy IMO.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:47 AM   #6
jabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of light

jabrackin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jabrackin
BillyJo, you haven't mentioned doing the Factory Satellite antenna install? This goes up close to the 3rd brake light. Have you not wanting to do that? I did it and it isn't that bad of an install. Also, why did you wantt o install the Aux input button? I have heard those have horrible problems with the sound and cuts out some. I just ended up buying a PA-TOY15 and install it so i could have access to my ipod through the stock 2010 radio i bought for my truck. I ran the PA-TOY15 up underneath the center console so you cant seet all the wiring.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:41 AM   #7
mhlden's Tacoma Gallery
That is some good information, I am going to start working on getting mine completed asap. Do you have any pics to show how it all turned out?
Old 02-24-2010, 01:58 PM   #8
t_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to all
Name: Erik
t_e's Tacoma Gallery
free bump could you post pictures of that 09 lower part... this may need to happen for me too lol
Old 02-24-2010, 10:14 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrackin View Post
BillyJo, you haven't mentioned doing the Factory Satellite antenna install? Have you not wanting to do that?
Neither my wife or myself have any interest in Satellite radio.

Quote:
Also, why did you want to install the Aux input button?
We usually listen to finance programs which we dowload and burn to MP3 CD or download to MP3 player (which is why we wanted AUX-IN).

Quote:
I have heard those have horrible problems with the sound and cuts out some.
Yes, many '09-'10 owners complain about their AUX-Input (low volume, noise, tone, frequency response, etc.). After researching this issue, I found the culprit to be the inline noise filter Toyota used between the jack & the radio. The resolution was to instead use a PAC SNI/3.5 Audio Isolator. These are hand wound isolation transformers with virtually perfect freq. response and a 1:1.3 ratio so it actually provides a slight gain and the sound is simply great!
Old 02-24-2010, 11:15 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_e View Post
free bump could you post pictures of that 09 lower part... this may need to happen for me too lol
Here's a pic I pulled off of AutoTrader:
Attached Thumbnails
FS: 2nd Gen ('05-'10) Lower Center Dash Panel-14984543804_274987841_im1_14_565x421_a_562x421.jpg  
Old 02-26-2010, 12:22 PM   #11
MBU Ninja
Tat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricker
Tat2dTaco's Tacoma Gallery
how much did the'09 lower dash cost? out of curiosity....kus i would love to have one too
Old 02-26-2010, 01:01 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tat2dTaco View Post
how much did the'09 lower dash cost? out of curiosity....kus i would love to have one too

Dealer MSRP: $129.44
Part #: 55407-04040-B0

You can get a 30% discount thru Colonial Toyota:

http://colonialtoyota.com/Markup.aspx?MarkupId=5244
Old 02-26-2010, 01:36 PM   #14
MBU Ninja
Tat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricker
Tat2dTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys, i really like how it looks in Billyjoe's truck.
Was it a PITA to put in?
Old 02-26-2010, 02:42 PM   #15
CAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud of

Name: steve
CAMZTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Was it a PITA to put in?

actually you have to pull out almost everthing in your truck...but its not that bad..i did mine in about 30min.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:56 PM   #16

Quote:
Was it a PITA to put in?
camztrd is right, you'll need to remove the following:

-footrest
-DS scuff plate
-DS kick panel
-panel under steering wheel
-center console
-radio
-HVAC Controls
-dash trim surrounding instrument panel (just lift the right edge when removing the upper center trim)
-upper center dash trim surrounding radio (vents and all)
-FINALLY, the lower center dash panel

Believe it or not, removal can be accomplished in about 15 minutes if you're familiar with the location of all the fasteners. The tricky part, I thought, was removing the Power Outlet & Cigarette Lighter from the OLD lower center panel. You may want to consider just buying those new along with the panel. On the other hand, if you enjoy a challenge, success tastes even sweeter after overcoming this obstacle. In retrospect, it only added another 15 minutes to the removal process. Total time for removal & install was less than an hour (~50min).
Old 02-26-2010, 06:54 PM   #18

Say, camztrd, I see you color matched your grill & rear bumper (excellent choice of color BTW ). Did you swapout for TRD Sport parts or paint over chrome? And why not the side mirrors (for the total "Sport" look)?
Old 02-26-2010, 07:11 PM   #19
CAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud of

Name: steve
CAMZTRD's Tacoma Gallery
yes i traded a guy with a sport, for his grille and rear bumper, im looking for the mirrors now..
Old 02-26-2010, 07:18 PM   #20

Sweet ride, I wanna do the same.
Alas, there's no cure for Taco fever...