1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

JBL Subwoofer enclosure / amp / head unit

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by ILikeTacosToo, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Mar 14, 2011 at 6:21 PM
    ILikeTacosToo

ILikeTacosToo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    VA
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4X4 TRD Off Road
    ARB front locker, alpine nav, image dynamics i5800, Polk audio front rear and subs, TOYTEC 3 inch coilovers wiht AAL, awesomest driver ever!
    Hey guys... i just replaced my entire JBL stereo with an alpine HU, polk audio speakers/subs, and image dynamic amp. If anyone wants the stock JBL amp, HU or subwoofer enclosure (no speakers, i destroyed those POS's) let me know... the HU is the 6 disk changer (NOT MP3!) out of an 08 Double Cab. the amp still works perfectly (if you consider the JBL system to be perfect, i believe it is far from it) and the subwoofer enclosure is actually pretty good quality. i tried the enclosure with one of my Polk Audio MM840 subs and it actually worked well. not too much flex and it held the air without any leaks or whistling. I had to fabricate a small MDF ring to fit my speaker in it and change out the garbage factory wiring with some stinger 16 gauge and cut out a few of the little plastic ribs in the back to make the speaker fit but other than that it is still air tight and works great.

Keep on keepin on!

Oh yeah, i have no idea what any of this is worth, so we will go with a non-standard pricing convention... (+ you have to pay for the shipping)

Sub enclosure - 15 strawberry, cherry or watermelon flavored laffy taffy's (the real ones, not the fun size... you cheap SOB's). Make it 50 laffy taffy's and i'll throw in the cargo cover thing that goes over the sub for a cleaner look.

JBL stock Amp - 1/2 the cost of a bottle of Johnnie Walker Double Black (about 50 bucks a bottle so 25 should just about do it)

JBL 6 disk Head Unit - 5 little ceasars pizzas, a box of 8 drumsticks (the variety pack with chocolate, caramel and vanilla) and a 6 pack of beers.

Peace out.

2. Mar 14, 2011 at 6:26 PM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    What size is the sub anyway? Have wondered in case I want to upgrade mine. Not sure what would work best or if I would need to upgrade the amp too, just have been thinking ahead in case it doesn't last.

3. Mar 14, 2011 at 6:38 PM
    ILikeTacosToo

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    VA
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4X4 TRD Off Road
    ARB front locker, alpine nav, image dynamics i5800, Polk audio front rear and subs, TOYTEC 3 inch coilovers wiht AAL, awesomest driver ever!
    Chris, I'll take pics tomorrow and post them when it's light out... Mike, the sub is an 8 inch sub and i haven't measured the volume of the enclosure but if that is something people are interested in i can fill it with water or packing peanuts and see how big it is.

4. Mar 14, 2011 at 6:59 PM
    ILikeTacosToo

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    VA
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4X4 TRD Off Road
    here are the pics... you guys are too cool to make you wait till tomorrow...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Mar 15, 2011 at 10:22 AM
    dirtfondler

dirtfondler Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    00 F250 7.3L Diesel
    What is shipping going to cost me on that sub enclosure to San Jose, 95123? Also, I havent bought laffy taffy's since I was about 6 so I dont know what the conversion rate is but I am sure we can work that out.

6. Mar 15, 2011 at 10:25 AM
    jrdbrn

jrdbrn Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    '21 TRD Off Road
    Your prices confuse me LOL

You want cash or candy?

7. Mar 15, 2011 at 10:27 AM
    Drunknsloth

Drunknsloth Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    Blacked-Out Badges; Retribution Decals (Sockmonkey); Tailgate Mod; Red LED Rear Blinkers; Yellow Foglights; Yellow Front Blinkers; Superwhite Xenon Corner Bulb; Leer Bedcap; Bedrug Bedmat; Black Cupholders; Black Plastic Piece Around Window Controls; Plasti-Dip Front Bumper Valence; Plasti-Dip Grill Surround; Blackout Chrome Back Bumper; Metal Miller Skid-Plate; Aero Turbine 2525 Muffler; TSB Rear Leaf Springs and Shocks; Satoshi Grill Pending; Off-Roading Torn off Mirror (Replaced); Blue-Sea Fuse Box; Tinted Tail Lights; URD Short Shifter; Interior Mood Lighting; Hood Lights; BedLights Pending
    Does the JBL Head unit have an AUX in?

8. Mar 15, 2011 at 11:00 AM
    ILikeTacosToo

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    VA
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4X4 TRD Off Road
    Hey Sloth, the HU does NOT have an AUX in... and it doesn't play MP3's so you are stuck with a standard 6 disk CD changer.

JRDBRN, I want Candy but if you send me cash i know a guy who can launder it and convert it to candy... he works at the 7 - 11 down the street from me.

Fondler, if you go to USPS.com you can get an estimation for shipping. box would be about 24" X 18" X 8" and weigh less than 20lbs. I live in Pace FL so use 32571 for my Zip.

Hope this helps. Take it easy.

9. Mar 15, 2011 at 4:34 PM
    redezman

redezman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Charles
    Raleigh N.C
    Vehicle:
    2012 4Runner SR5 4x4
    All Factory for now, LOVE it that way
    WOW

a 7/11
    havent seen one of them since i left calif. in early 80s
    lol

10. Mar 16, 2011 at 5:52 AM
    sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe They are more like guide lines.

Member:
    All Over
    Vehicle:
    Silver and simple
    Non
    SO the total price in real money is ?? I would not mind having the factory sub box and amp. Do you know if it works with the standard CD player in an 08? If not I need the price on the radion and the other stuff too. Thanks!

11. Mar 17, 2011 at 1:25 PM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    Hey Kyle, another question since you pulled the sub out. Is the sub box sealed or ported? I cant see any ports from the pic and am guessing it is sealed. TIA.

12. May 29, 2011 at 2:56 PM
    WhiskeyDeltaTango

WhiskeyDeltaTango Resident Redneck

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Braselton, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    Dirty Black Taco
    ARB Bull Bar, ProComp 9" lights, Dual Hella aux backup lights, WARN VR10000, OME 886x, Dakar Leafs, UWS Low Profile Toolbox, Kicker CVT10, Kicker 750.1
  13. Jun 9, 2011 at 5:38 PM
    yotatoy

yotatoy Well-Known Member

Member:
    il
    Vehicle:
    2010 Toyota TRD 4x4 4D V6
    Avid side steps Nokia Yellow fog lights t-rex eyelids trd sport hood front windows tint
    is the box still for sale?

Products Discussed in

To Top