1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WTT for a white trd sport rear bumper

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by AuburnTaco10, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Feb 9, 2013 at 2:56 PM
    AuburnTaco10

AuburnTaco10 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2008 PreRunner
    Wanting to trade for a white trd sport bumper, the local body shop wants out the @$$ to paint this one. The only thing wrong with the bumper is that the right side is a little bit upwards since the truck was hit on the lower back right side.

IMG_0242 (1).jpg
    IMG_0242.jpg

2. Feb 9, 2013 at 3:01 PM
    WhiteStorm

WhiteStorm Aim small, miss small.

Member:
    Washington D.C.
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB Off-Road
    Good luck man. If I may suggest an alternative, I painted mine myself and it turned out very well.

Try to sand down the bumper with 100 grit, until it looks dull, then use adhesion promoter (2 coats or so), then 2-3 coats of self-etching primer, followed by a couple coats of color matched paint (Duplicolor has Toyota paint), and a coat or two of gloss clear coat. I did that on my Super White and it looks great. Only turned out to be about $60-70 total and a few hours of my time (mostly dry time anyways). Just do the prep work well and the rest is easy.

3. Feb 9, 2013 at 3:31 PM
    AZBACKCOUNTRY

AZBACKCOUNTRY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    AZ-between the hammer and the anvil
    Vehicle:
    11' AC TRD OFF-ROAD 4x4
    Pelfreybilt front aluminum bumper,AVID off road weld on sliders, RCI Offroad IFS & transmission Skid (steel), RCI LCA skids (aluminum),upper grillcraft, relentless hi clearance bumper,OEM color matched front grill color, ARE MX camper shell, wet Okole realtree seat covers,pelfreybuilt hi lift mounts,ICON 2.5 Coil-overs extended,, ICON tubular UCA's. Allpro expo leafs, SS extended brake lines.Bilstein 110 extended rear shocks.prinsu Cabrac.dwreck pod mounts OKLED 18w cubes.Baja Designs Squadron-R Sport, LED Wide Cornering, Ambers fog/driving 20" IGGY LED Single Row bar.tepui awning,rotopax 2 gallon, TREDs and mount , 100 watt renogy solar panel.victron 20 amp Bluetooth charge controller,Pro comp wheels - cooper st maxx 285/75/16 tires. Skygear bussman fuse relay smart box. ARB 12v plug hard wired for ARB fridge. Pelfreybilt gas tank skid. Smittybilt X2O 10K winch
    I found one last week on Craigslist. It was fantastic off a 2012.

Don't give up. When u find one it looks AWESOME!

Now just gotta sell the chrome one -lol

Az

Products Discussed in

To Top