Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacomas For Sale

Notices

WTB: Gen2 Tacoma Access Cab 4WD, V6

Old 08-16-2014, 07:13 PM   #1
reellittlephish is one of the sharper tools in the shedreellittlephish is one of the sharper tools in the shedreellittlephish is one of the sharper tools in the shedreellittlephish is one of the sharper tools in the shedreellittlephish is one of the sharper tools in the shedreellittlephish is one of the sharper tools in the shedreellittlephish is one of the sharper tools in the shedreellittlephish is one of the sharper tools in the shedreellittlephish is one of the sharper tools in the shedreellittlephish is one of the sharper tools in the shedreellittlephish is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
reellittlephish's Tacoma Gallery
WTB: Gen2 Tacoma Access Cab 4WD, V6

Wanted to buy in or near Las Vegas, NV. a 2007 to 2012 Tacoma Access Cab, 4WD, V6, manual or Auto 73.5" bed...no short beds. I camp out in the back of the rig. Tow package if Automatic Transmission. I use it to tow a Skeeter ZX 225 bass boat. A Stock truck is OK. Not interested in something with a lot of off-road mods.

I know...this is like wanting the tooth fairy to arrive with bagful's of money.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:55 PM   #2
reellittlephish is one of the sharper tools in the shedreellittlephish is one of the sharper tools in the shedreellittlephish is one of the sharper tools in the shedreellittlephish is one of the sharper tools in the shedreellittlephish is one of the sharper tools in the shedreellittlephish is one of the sharper tools in the shedreellittlephish is one of the sharper tools in the shedreellittlephish is one of the sharper tools in the shedreellittlephish is one of the sharper tools in the shedreellittlephish is one of the sharper tools in the shedreellittlephish is one of the sharper tools in the shed

So the tooth fairy has not arrived yet.

I did visit 3 dealers and endured two presentations about why I should overpay for my next used Tacoma. They couldn't beat the APR my credit union offered. Only one dealer actually had a 6 ft bed and I encountered my first rig with TRD stickers but not a complete TRD package. The "tow Package" was a bolted on U-Haul class III tow bar and nothing else. Definitely an "out in the wild" experience when dealer shopping in Vegas.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:13 AM   #3

time for a bump. Found a low mileage 2005 4WD, TRD sport Tacoma in Kingman and made an offer. Haven't heard back so maybe seller got cold feet at the real prospect of a sale...waiting for counteroffer.
-------------------------------
Well the counter offer came back and they asked more than their original offer. Hmmm.....won't go there and deal fell through.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:52 AM   #4
gb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Geoff
gb42's Tacoma Gallery
Just so you know-access cabs only come with the long bed. Also, mine is for sale.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-24-000-a.html
Old 08-27-2014, 12:52 AM   #5
Jake91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJake91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJake91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJake91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJake91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJake91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJake91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJake91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJake91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJake91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJake91 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jake
Jake91's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gb42 View Post
Just so you know-access cabs only come with the long bed. Also, mine is for sale.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-24-000-a.html
Your truck is just about exactly what I am looking for. Unfortunately, Ill be buying one this weekend for less with 135k miles.

OP, Thats a nice looking truck, Im in az and have looked everywhere.
Does it have to be a trd sport? or are you wanting an OR version instead?

Check phoenix craigslist. There are a couple TRD off roads 4x4 v6 auto for under 26k, depending on the year.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:27 AM   #6

Jake,

I ask about the bed because I saw a 2005 Access Cab in Henderson NV with a 5 ft. bed.

gb42,..That Tacoma from Wenatchee is nice. I climbed a lot in Wenatchee years ago and really love that place. My problem is to finance, the credit union wants the seller to bring the truck and themselves to Las Vegas to sign the paperwork. Also I am leery of smoke odor in the cab and whatever happened to the steering wheel controls.

I don't especially need a TRD package. If auto then I need a factory tow package for towing my Skeeter ZX 225. If manual then I can install the class III hitch, oil cooler and connect the wiring harness. I'll can do a lift myself. There are couple local places we go to climb which are a little gnarly (washes and up to 10" diameter rocks with the occasional large boulder) to get to, but not rock crawler gnarly.

Turns out my credit union is more ready to loan me more over a longer finance period for a 2007 and younger Tacoma. Underwriter hell and I don't grasp the logic but I understand.

Thanks for the help and heads up

tom
Old 08-27-2014, 06:57 AM   #7
alexc is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Medic
Name: Alex
alexc's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...e-alabama.html
Old 08-27-2014, 02:22 PM   #8

Thanks Alexc for showing me. Distance is a problem cause of my financing. And miles are a bit high for me.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:37 PM   #9
Jake91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJake91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJake91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJake91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJake91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJake91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJake91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJake91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJake91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJake91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJake91 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Jake91's Tacoma Gallery
http://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/4637024120.html

That mileage isnt too high right?? haha.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/4638706214.html

However, this one isnt bad. Even though it is 2wd, with that dif lock you should be just fine on most forest roads.

Final one, but if you arent intersted in the Double Cab Long Bed, then dont even look at this one.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/4624494984.html

(If this isnt helping.. I will stop posting options. haaa (not kidding))
Old 08-28-2014, 01:43 PM   #10

[QUOTE=Jake91;9096081]http://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/4637024120.html

"That mileage isn't too high right?? haha."
--------------------------------------------------

Woah!...I sold a 1991 Tacoma with 165k in 2005 and thought that was getting somewhat long in the tooth. Really I needed a V6 to tow a bigger boat. Funny how that works out.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/4638706214.html

"However, this one isn't bad. Even though it is 2wd, with that dif lock you should be just fine on most forest roads. "
---------------------------
Thing about Vegas is we don't have too many trees; lots of rocks, cactus, scrub oak, chaparral and sandy washes. Sometimes the truck gets to go to the mountains

Here we are about 4 miles back off pavement north of Las Vegas in the rig the insurance company totaled. Once off pavement I was in 4x4 and then twice in low range 4x4

---------------------------------------
We found some trees at Courtright Reservoir in California; had to maneuver over some slick rock granite to set up in this spot and low range 4WD was real nice:

--------------------------------------------
"Final one, but if you aren't interested in the Double Cab Long Bed, then don't even look at this one. "

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/4624494984.html

----------------------------------------
Double Cab long bed would majorly hang up crossing some of the washes getting to that first desert parking spot, not to mention a couple turns in a slot canyon. We ended doing shovel work just to get the 2004 Xtra Cab in there after a big flash flood in 2013

"(If this isn't helping.. I will stop posting options. haaa (not kidding))"
--------------------------------

I need all the help I can get. Most 4WD Tacoma's around Vegas are Crew Cabs with short beds or Gen-1 Tacoma's with high mileage.

While I actually prefer the size of Gen-1's and like my rigs "base models" so widgets don't break, stop working or fall off.

I have the insurance settlement so I could go buy a circa 2000 Gen-1 cash right now. However, from an insurance viewpoint I need something the insurance company won't depreciate to where it's not cost effective to have comprehensive. Las Vegas is a dangerous town to drive in IMO and I grew up in SF and drove around LA for years.

In summary; I need a seller who is willing to come to my Credit Union in Las Vegas to sign papers, The credit union will give me better terms on a Tacoma from 2008 to 2013. Comprehensive will be worth something.

A V6 4WD Access Cab will tow and launch my Skeeter on a steep gravel ramp if necessary; get into some semi-gnarly spots for climbing; with a canopy I can sleep in it for road trips.

If the Toyota is "well behaved" she gets to go to places like this:

I keep looking daily
Old 08-30-2014, 07:33 PM   #11

bump
Old 09-18-2014, 06:13 PM   #12

Found a 2007 Toytoa Tacoma Access Cab 4WD, manual

found it and followed it and bought it.
Old 09-19-2014, 08:40 AM   #13
Jake91's Tacoma Gallery
Well good work! These things take a while if you want to find the right one. Post a picutre of it