Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

AC controls

Old 06-28-2010, 07:12 PM   #1
taco19 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dallon
taco19's Tacoma Gallery
AC controls

I was looking in my ac controls today trying to make the little icons blue and i popped a white cap off and a spring flew out and i cant find the spring, although i bought a new spring i cant figure out how it goes back together .... im lost.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:33 AM   #2
Karo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Karo
Karo's Tacoma Gallery
its some tricky stuff, id say make friends with Tacoma owners and dissect their truck to get an understanding of what goes where and how it really fits.. n all that
Old 06-29-2010, 12:36 AM   #3
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
you doon't need AC in Canada , forget about it .
Old 06-29-2010, 12:52 AM   #4
Trap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trap's Tacoma Gallery
Did the switch and bulb fall inside the AC control panel unit ? Or can you still see the bulb. If you can see the bulb you should just be able to put the spring over it and snap the cover back in. Might have to line it up though. Don't think that was ment to come apart there.

Boy that is going to be the last time you ever do that. You want to find the thread that shows how to remove that panel. After you get the plugs unplugged on the back there is four screws on the back that if you remove them will allow you to get at those two small switches.

You also have to remove the dials by pulling on them forward then remove the front trim plastic. That layer under is where you have to put the switches back together again. Then put on the cover put back the four screws plug it in install the unit and put back the dials.

Easy.

Bet you forgot to change the color.

Should have read this first:

Quote:
Can't do a complete conversion on the second gens. The color on the climate controls is on the front under the paint. the only way to change them is to sand the face down completely and repaint the Icons on. One person over at TN tried to do it and it turned out like shit. the over head console temp/compass is a Vacuum Florescent Display and can't be changed either. Believe me if it was possible it would already be done.
I'm unaware of anyone ever figuring it out so it can be done.

By the sounds of it you broke the switch. You'll be able to tell when you get it open. If the lens is in two pieces. Opps. You'll need a new switch.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:24 AM   #5
taco19's Tacoma Gallery
haha you really got your shit down Trap, but yeah everything is good. its just the switch for the fan where i cant line the medal on medal up.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:45 AM   #6
Trap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trap's Tacoma Gallery
Oh I thought you broke one of the little covers off the AC or circulating switches. Those things should just push back on. I don't see any spring there. Do you have a round shaft sticking out with a flat spot on one side? Like a volume control shaft ? Or is that still stuck in the knob?

Is this spring not a spring but a metal ring ? That goes on the inside of the knob.

What you got to do to get that on is turn that dial off. note where the flat part is. on the inside of the knob orientate that ring to line up with the flat spot of the switch. Slide it on the inside of the knob then slide the knob over the shaft.

Like everyone else says:

Old 06-29-2010, 07:57 AM   #7
andrew is a jewel in the roughandrew is a jewel in the roughandrew is a jewel in the roughandrew is a jewel in the rough
andrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karo View Post
its some tricky stuff, id say make friends with Tacoma owners and dissect their truck to get an understanding of what goes where and how it really fits.. n all that
How is that helpful? Are these "friends" supposed to just let him recreate this problem in their truck? Seriously.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:08 AM   #8
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew View Post
How is that helpful? Are these "friends" supposed to just let him recreate this problem in their truck? Seriously.
yes they are...
Old 06-29-2010, 08:29 AM   #9
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
The spring goes in the mechanism for the fan speed. there is a white plastic piece that pushes in from the back and comes through to the front where the knob attaches. there are two springs. A small one and a bigger one. The small one goes in a hole on the side of the white plastic piece and then has a small plastic ball over it. this is what makes the fan speed knob have notches as you turn it. Then after the plastic piece is in its hole there is another short larger spring that goes on top and then there is a metal contactor that goes on top of it. Then the last piece with the contact and the connector snap in on top of it.

I will try to get mine out today and take some pictures if you respond and still cant figure it out.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:35 PM   #10
taco19's Tacoma Gallery
preRunnerseth, you know whats up. that second part about putting the last white plastic peice on thats where i am, i got the little red ball in with the spring but i cant figure how to line the metal peice ontop of the spring and get the metal to line perfect. but remember i lost the original spring
Old 06-30-2010, 02:51 PM   #11
taco19's Tacoma Gallery
check my profile for the pictures. i dont know how to put them on here