1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Going for TSB tomorrow

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TKtaco, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Jul 2, 2010 at 7:50 AM
    TKtaco

TKtaco [OP] Member

Member:
    Going to the dealership tomorrow for them to "inspect" my Tacoma for the rear leaf spring TSB. I've read some people have had problems, and the dealership hasn't exactly been cooperative on the phone. Any suggestions on dealing with them?

2. Jul 2, 2010 at 12:15 PM
    skistoy

skistoy Make mine a Double!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Western New York
    Vehicle:
    09 4X4 SR5 BSP Double Taco
    Rear Spring TSB,Billy 5100@.85,Bull bar,Nerfbar,Painted Grill,Painted Rims,Bed D-rings,Compustar Starter,Goodyear Duratrac's,Transmission TSB,Brake Overide
    Describe it exactly as the TSB reads
    " I have a HARSH ride with weight in the bed of the truck ".
    Just read through all of the threads to get a good idea of what works
    but no two dealers are the same, so it may be easy or hard.

3. Jul 2, 2010 at 12:16 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Yeah do a search on here and even print stuff out if you have to and take it with you.;)

4. Jul 2, 2010 at 12:18 PM
    Andrew H

Andrew H What is this "search" you speak of?

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2017SSMDCSBTRDS
    I told them that I was disappointed with how my truck was riding. That it wasn't as firm as a truck should drive, especially with a load in the bed. I didn't really think this but I showed my service advisor a pic I had in my cell phone of a huge floor dolly I had loaded. Then I told him I searched online and found the TSB.

Now, I don't know if they actually found anything when they did the inspection, or he just hooked me up cause I been going to him for 4 plus years and always giving him good reviews.

5. Jul 2, 2010 at 12:46 PM
    BigIslandWahine

BigIslandWahine aita peapea

Member:
    First Name:
    Pualilia
    Island of Hawai'i, Northern Tip
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport DC Longbed 4x4
    all stock except sounds. tint, Wet Okoles, Campershell w/Racks
    I kept getting passed around on the phone by my dealership and nobody would return my calls, so I printed out the tsb and took pics of my truck majorly sagging w/a small load of dirt in the bed and went to the dealership in person. I told them my truck bottoms out and rides harsh with a load that is much less than the stated capacity. They kept giving me excuses and tried to give me an appt for an inspection...and I said no. I live 1.5 hrs away from the only dealership on the island and I'm not letting this be a pain in the ass. So I showed them the pics, handed them the tsb, and they "inspected" it right there, and now I'm waiting for the parts to come in. Having the tsb in hand was very helpful...Good luck!

6. Jul 2, 2010 at 1:06 PM
    sweetTXtaco

sweetTXtaco Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    10 Silver DC Prerunner
    I had mine done this week. They were hesitant at first, but I stressed the harsh ride and safety concern when pulling boats, etc.

Definitely worth it, the ride is much better! :taco:

7. Jul 2, 2010 at 1:16 PM
    kramer2k

kramer2k Well-Known Member

Member:
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 DC PreRunner TRD OR
    My dealership mentioned over the phone in our first conversation that they'd have to test it out when I bring in before making an assessment. I said, "Sure, no problem." I dropped it and got a call a few hours later that they don't have the capability to test it but they go ahead with the TSB since it's like what I was describing.

To me it seemed like they were wanting me to back out since they had to "test it out." But I called their bluff and everything went smooth after that. Even got free shocks on all four corners by accident out of the experience!

8. Jul 2, 2010 at 1:21 PM
    redezman

redezman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Charles
    Raleigh N.C
    Vehicle:
    2012 4Runner SR5 4x4
    All Factory for now, LOVE it that way
    Ditto what everyone said,
    I took a copy of the TSB with me incase there was any chin music, as i had the first time i asked about it.
    I handed them the paper and said i had a harsh ride when i was hauling 15 bags of mulch.
    each dealer is different as someone said.
    dont take "NO" for an answer.

9. Jul 2, 2010 at 1:43 PM
    df4iguy

df4iguy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Chicago
    just took mine in today too. Dealer has been great no questions asked replacement

10. Jul 2, 2010 at 1:46 PM
    ScottyKC

ScottyKC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Omaha
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Sport SR5
    Bilstein 5100 set to 2.5" lift in front. Rear TSB with 1.5" rough country. Bridgestone Dueller Revo2 265/70/17 Satoshi mod, and painted center caps, tinted windows.
    I printed off the TSB from here but did not have to use it. Dealership claimed I was the first to ever ask for the TSB, but they had it completed within a week of the first inspection.

11. Jul 2, 2010 at 6:14 PM
    chiefridr

chiefridr I don't want a large farva!

Member:
    Carrollton, TX
    Vehicle:
    16 DCTRDOR
    Anyone gotta link for that TSB that I can print to take to the stealership with me?
    Nevermind, I found it!

12. Jul 2, 2010 at 6:55 PM
    TKtaco

TKtaco [OP] Member

Member:
    Well, just got off the phone with the dealership. The service person that I had the appointment with tomorrow called to tell me that he wasn't sure why someone took the appointment to inspect the truck on a Saturday, because they don't do that kind of work on Saturdays. (I scheduled this appointment over two weeks ago). He inquired what the problem with the truck was, and I told his it has a "harsh ride with only a little weight in the back" and also told him the problem is much worse when I tow my 2000lb tent trailer. He took all the information down, and said he was going to talk to the service director of the dealership and call me back. I finally called him back, (because he never called ME back) and he relayed the message from the service director, which was "read the owners manual" because I was probably loading my trailer incorrectly and that I would need to take them the tongue and axle weights when the trailer was connected. I told him what the exact tongue weight of the trailer was, since I had measured it before to rule it out. Long story short, the service person said he wasn't familiar with these kind of problems, and to call back tomorrow afternoon to talk to the service director, and to NOT come in because he can't inspect the truck on a Saturday........BS!!!! UGH!
    Sorry for the sob story, just venting.

13. Jul 2, 2010 at 7:01 PM
    tbturner47

tbturner47 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hickory, NC
    Vehicle:
    '16 Barcelona Red TRD Off Road
    so the harsh ride you have with weight in the back is a result of you loading your trailer incorrectly?...lol

I would show up anyway and just talk with a service manager, don't tell him you came buy or spoke with anyone, have the tsb in hand with the words "harsh ride" highlighted. And if they still try to get out of it, show up every single day and bug the piss out of them. Hell I will call them if you want and bug them about TSB's:)

14. Jul 2, 2010 at 7:15 PM
    boulderz

boulderz Well-Known Member

Member:
    I've had a similar experience with my dealer. I just bought the truck (2010 LB DC) and want to have the TSB done. When speaking with the service manager, he wanted me to bring the truck in loaded up and he would have to verify there was a problem. Even said he would take it someplace to have the load weighed on a scale to make sure it wasn't overloaded. I told him it was a bunch of bullshit, that Toyota would never ask for a weight certificate. It has always been my experience with dealers that they don't want to do anything they don't have to (of course that's after you sign the papers). Kinda like the DMV.

15. Jul 2, 2010 at 7:46 PM
    SlurpeeBlueMetallic

SlurpeeBlueMetallic FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Member:
    I had to take mine in loaded before they would do it. First trip I went unloaded but could clearly point out the clean spots on my frame where the bump stops kept hitting.

I also requested to ride with the tech making the diagnosis while I had 600 lbs of play sand in the back. That way I could point him to a couple of good bumps... the ride was over in less than 2 minutes and parts were ordered.

16. Jul 3, 2010 at 7:37 AM
    shanomac

shanomac Senior Member

Member:
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '10 SR5 4x4
    I went in a few weeks ago (Falmouth Toyota in Bourne, MA on Cape Cod) for an oil change. I brought a copy of the TSB with me and explained that I'd hit the bump stops hauling patio blocks. The girl behind the counter said she'd have a technician check out the "noise". I explained that it wasn't a noise, but a harsh ride.

One of the other service advisers called me up after the oil change and asked what "noise" I was hearing. Lol. I explained the harsh ride and showed him the TSB. He ordered the parts on the spot and they were installed yesterday, no charge! Fantastic ride and raised the rear end a bit. Not sure how much- I will measure later today and post pics.

If the dealer gives you trouble either find another dealer or report to Toyota Complaints Dept. Good luck all!!

17. Jul 7, 2010 at 9:19 PM
    afuera

afuera Member

Member:
    Mine is set to be done next week. They said they will "warranty" the leaf springs but I have to buy the U bolts. Anyone else had to buy the U bolts?

18. Jul 7, 2010 at 9:21 PM
    Andrew H

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2017SSMDCSBTRDS
    No it should all be included. Are you out of warranty?

19. Jul 7, 2010 at 9:40 PM
    afuera

afuera Member

Member:
    its an 09 with 55000, but I purchased the extended warranty

20. Jul 7, 2010 at 9:41 PM
    Andrew H

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2017SSMDCSBTRDS
    I'd call bullshit. I think the dealership gets the replacement parts as a set. So they new longer U-bolts should be included....

Products Discussed in

To Top