Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

06 PreRunner? Help!

Old 07-04-2010, 02:32 PM   #1
Trucker
503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
503TRD's Tacoma Gallery
06 PreRunner? Help!

I'm new here(and new to Tacoma's, just started getting into them), not sure if this is the right place to be posting this but w/e.

So I'm 16, and looking for a very nice used Tacoma (2005-whatever) for around $16,000-$18,000ish..I prefer double cab/TRD Sport but I'm not sure I will be able to find one in my budget range. At my local Toyota dealer, there is a spotless 2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab PreRunner(2WD) TRD Off-Road package for $17,887, it only has 33,000 miles. Do you guys recommend this? I have a dirtbike and I would like to put it in the bed and when I go dirtbiking in this place up in Washington, its a long dirt/gravel trail I drive on to get to the tracks. I was wondering if you all have any info/tips to give me, like how bad is 2WD and should I wait it out and try to find a TRD Sport/Doublecab? Or is this the best I'm gonna find. I really love the hood scoops and wish this had it. Btw, it's 'Speedway Blue.' Will the 2WD effect me, I won't be using it for extreme off-roading, just occasional grass/dirt/gravel type road.

Thanks for any help/info in advance!
Old 07-04-2010, 02:36 PM   #2
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTman357 View Post
I'm new here(and new to Tacoma's, just started getting into them), not sure if this is the right place to be posting this but w/e.

So I'm 16, and looking for a very nice used Tacoma (2005-whatever) for around $16,000-$18,000ish..I prefer double cab/TRD Sport but I'm not sure I will be able to find one in my budget range. At my local Toyota dealer, there is a spotless 2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab PreRunner(2WD) TRD Off-Road package for $17,887. Do you guys recommend this? I have a dirtbike and I would like to put it in the bed and when I go dirtbiking in this place up in Washington, its a long dirt/gravel trail I drive on to get to the tracks. I was wondering if you all have any info/tips to give me, like how bad is 2WD and should I wait it out and try to find a TRD Sport/Doublecab? Or is this the best I'm gonna find. I really love the hood scoops and wish this had it. Btw, it's 'Speedway Blue.' Will the 2WD effect me, I won't be using it for extreme off-roading, just occasional grass/dirt/gravel type road.

Thanks for any help/info in advance!
If you're just going to be sticking to gravel/dirt roads then really any Tacoma will do for you. TRD OffRoad has the rear differential locker in the back (e-locker) that when combined with even 2WD makes the truck extremely capable even in more intense offroad situations. Being a PreRunner the truck has a beefier suspension (the same as used on 4x4 Tacomas) so the truck would be plenty capable for what you're wanting to use it for.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:21 AM   #3
Bean&Cheese Taco
tiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to all
Army: E-2   13Fox
Name: VIC
tiresmokintacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Thats a nice truck 4 sale. You might want to check on KBB just to make sure you dont get ripped off. I have a prerunner and sometimes (like last night) I really really wished I had 4X4. If u dont need it then dont get it, but im pretty sure later on down the road your going to get more and more into your truck and u will want to go off roading more.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:39 AM   #4
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like that is a good deal, but check to make sure there is nothing wrong with it.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:33 PM   #6
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Since you live in Oregon, I'd recommend getting a 4x4 if possible.