1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Steering pulls to the right.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by BlueSteel, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Jul 5, 2010 at 8:04 AM
    BlueSteel

BlueSteel [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    The Woodlands, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Grey Doublecab TRD Sport Debadged
    Camburg 4" Spindles, Icon CB 2.5 adjustables front and rear, Total Chaos Upper/Lower CAs, Alcan 5" Rear Leafs, Timbren Bumpstops, 5" SS Brakelines, 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 18" KMC Monsters, Grill Craft Black Mesh Upper, Predator Running Boards, All Pro Rear Bumper and Hitch, Wet Okole Covers, Toyota Roof Rack, Limo Tint, TRD CAI, TRD Exhaust, Weathertech Mats, Redline Hood Struts, Red Top Odyssey battery, BDF Light Bar, Foglight anytime Mod, Lo Pro QT Truxedo Tonneau cover, Rocky Mount Bike Pegs.
    Hey guys I have a Prerunner 2009 Dbl Cab Tacoma with the 3" Toytec Ultimate lift, Light racing UCA's, and 285/65/18 Nittos on KMC Monster wheels. I have been getting a steering pull to right for a while now. I have taken it into the dealer a couple times and had them re-align it. I have also taken it back to Discount Tire and had them re-balance and rotate the tires. I still get a pull to the right on the freeway and on some side streets. I thought maybe it was due to the slope of the street or highway, but I am thinking otherwise now.

There are no pops or uneven tire wear; everything looks and feels normal. I set the UCA's at the "0" mark when I installed them. I also torqued everything to spec. Any ideas would be appreciated.

2. Jul 5, 2010 at 8:08 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Do you have a printout of your last alignment?

3. Jul 5, 2010 at 8:27 AM
    BlueSteel

BlueSteel [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    The Woodlands, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Grey Doublecab TRD Sport Debadged
    Camburg 4" Spindles, Icon CB 2.5 adjustables front and rear, Total Chaos Upper/Lower CAs, Alcan 5" Rear Leafs, Timbren Bumpstops, 5" SS Brakelines, 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 18" KMC Monsters, Grill Craft Black Mesh Upper, Predator Running Boards, All Pro Rear Bumper and Hitch, Wet Okole Covers, Toyota Roof Rack, Limo Tint, TRD CAI, TRD Exhaust, Weathertech Mats, Redline Hood Struts, Red Top Odyssey battery, BDF Light Bar, Foglight anytime Mod, Lo Pro QT Truxedo Tonneau cover, Rocky Mount Bike Pegs.
    I might have the alignment spec sheet from my last dealer visit, I have to check.

4. Jul 5, 2010 at 6:30 PM
    tigertaco4

tigertaco4 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC

If your alignment is within spec, the problem is in your tires. Ballancing will not help. The problem is with the manufacturing of the tires and the only correction is replacement. You will probably not experience any uneven wear with this condition. You could try rotating (front to back) each side at a time to see if it gets better - it could be one bad one.

5. Jul 5, 2010 at 6:49 PM
    Celtic

Celtic Tactical Trunk Monkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    McKinleyville, CA
    Vehicle:
    In the market for V6, 6MT 4X4
    Sold my 2006 V6 6MT AC Offroad like an idiot.
    You might try cross rotating your tires, then your front are on the rear and left is on the right. Also make sure its not the "crown" of the road messing with you, being you have wider tires, they might be more prone to want to follow the curve of the road. So find some nice flat road surface to really check it, I'd say if its good on flat road you should be golden. But if you get pull on flat, might have something going on. Also make sure it doesn't pull when you are under moderate to heavy braking, then that is good. But if it does that can give you a tattle tale sigh something is bent or out of spec. Like Chris4x4 said, make sure your specs are good. Their sheet should show your good, bad and your measurements.

Ps.. is your steering wheel perfectly straight when going down the road?

Products Discussed in

To Top