Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Can automatic shift knob be replaced?

Old 07-05-2010, 01:28 PM   #1
Robert Smith has a spectacular aura aboutRobert Smith has a spectacular aura aboutRobert Smith has a spectacular aura about
Robert Smith's Tacoma Gallery
Smile Can automatic shift knob be replaced?

Has anyone replaced their automatic shift knob? If you have how do you take off the factory knob and send photos of replacement knobs.. Thanks,
Old 07-05-2010, 01:30 PM   #2
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
It just unscrews like a manual knob. I haven't replaced mine, but my son has occupied himself with taking mine off before.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:39 PM   #3
addicted...
1one1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Keone
1one1's Tacoma Gallery
Ive replaced mine with a leather/grey wood grain knob from a lexus. The previous poster is correct. Just unscrew it by hand.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:37 PM   #4
Thieu is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
Thieu's Tacoma Gallery
I replaced mine with a twm knob I've used in my past two (manual) cars. I had to get a new insert (universal knob) but that was just a few bucks.

Totally worth it. Love the look and feel.

fyi, get the smallest insert they carry is you go this route.

I have this knob: http://www.twmshiftknobs.com/shiftkn...hiftknobs.html
Old 07-06-2010, 05:59 AM   #5
Pushin' Thru Another Day
MikeTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
MikeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is coming off soon...gonna modify an FJ Cruiser one to fit.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:45 AM   #6
War Damn Eagle!
Endurozw is a jewel in the roughEndurozw is a jewel in the roughEndurozw is a jewel in the roughEndurozw is a jewel in the rough

Name: Zach
Endurozw's Tacoma Gallery
I've been tempted to try out one of these ever since I had a Jeep Wrangler...but I never got around to buying one. I wonder if they would fit on the Auto shifter. I'll have to do some research.

http://www.rocky-road.com/rocknob.html
Old 08-10-2010, 09:06 AM   #7
They are more like guide lines.
sloppyjoe is just really nicesloppyjoe is just really nicesloppyjoe is just really nicesloppyjoe is just really nicesloppyjoe is just really nice

sloppyjoe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endurozw View Post
I've been tempted to try out one of these ever since I had a Jeep Wrangler...but I never got around to buying one. I wonder if they would fit on the Auto shifter. I'll have to do some research.

I had one of these on my 07 Jeep and it was awesome I have one on the way for my Tacoma, they are very well built and uniquely cool. JOE>
Old 08-10-2010, 09:08 AM   #8
Hi-Tech Rednek
::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed

::childstoy::'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endurozw View Post

LOL... Thats awesome looking.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:21 AM   #9
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.iconvehicledynamics.org/c...roducts_id=371

Old 08-10-2010, 12:29 PM   #10
jackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the rough

Firefighter: Goddamned Paratrooper
jackwithcorona's Tacoma Gallery
i like the stock one alot.. does that make me weird?
Old 08-10-2010, 02:01 PM   #11
Underprepared and Overconfident
DubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DubyaDawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwithcorona View Post
i like the stock one alot.. does that make me weird?
I really like the feel/look of the stock one, then again I haven't owned a manual car.