Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Sun Visor swap?

Old 06-11-2008, 09:03 PM   #1
JBeasty is on a distinguished road
JBeasty's Tacoma Gallery
Sun Visor swap?

I have the standard cab base model 08 Tacoma - with the sun visors that have no extension for when you are using them to block sun coming in the side window. I was thinking I would like to install one of the visors from one of the upgraded models, like the access cab/double cab models. Anyone here try this? Are they the same size? - I eyeballed it at the dealer, and they look interchangeable . . .
Thanks, JB
Old 06-12-2008, 12:33 AM   #2
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
There's no reason that they shouldn't fit. All of the windshields are the same.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:25 AM   #3
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
I have a set if you're interested. Grey interior. Just cover the cost of shipping and they're yours.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:14 PM   #4
JBeasty's Tacoma Gallery
We're talking about the flip down visors, mounted above the windshield right? Do yours have the little plastic extension that you can pull out when trying to block the sun coming through the side window?
My concern was that the trucks with these, also usually have additional "stuff" in the ceiling console (outside temp gauge, garage door remote. etc.). I was wondering if the console is then wider, or different in some way - changing the shape or length of the visor. But again, the space for the visor "looks" about the same. I suppose I should go back to the dealer, with my visor in hand, and hold it up to the one at the dealer.
IF it is the same, YES!, I would gladly take yours. Just curious, why are you getting rid of yours?

Thanks, JB
Old 06-12-2008, 02:24 PM   #5
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBeasty View Post
Just curious, why are you getting rid of yours?
Where he'll be driving his truck, sun visors are for sissies!
Old 06-12-2008, 05:25 PM   #6
LRH is on a distinguished road
LRH's Tacoma Gallery
I have a regular cab SR5, and it has the upgraded visors as part of the SR5 content, and I really don't like them as I do in our other vehicles due to the roof line that tapers down so much in the front. If I reach up and over to slip an envelope of similar under the passenger side visor, my head hits the driver's side one since it is so thick. Someone in the past had stated he changed his to the thinner base models and liked them better. I would rather have had the mini roof console of the AccessCab with the additional dome/map lamps and some sun glass storage than the visors. Slightly off topic a little, but I wonder also how much the sloped roofline helps the aerodynamics if any. The online Toyota info does state the drag coefficient, but I don't know the specs of the 1st generation models.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:28 PM   #7
LRH is on a distinguished road
LRH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

My concern was that the trucks with these, also usually have additional "stuff" in the ceiling console (outside temp gauge, garage door remote. etc.). I was wondering if the console is then wider, or different in some way - changing the shape or length of the visor.

Thanks, JB
-
-------------------------------------------------------------------
To answer your question; which I did not do directly in my above post, the visors out of a vehicle with a roof console will swap out with a vehicle without a roof console.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:02 AM   #8
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
We're talking about the flip down visors, mounted above the windshield right? Do yours have the little plastic extension that you can pull out when trying to block the sun coming through the side window?
My concern was that the trucks with these, also usually have additional "stuff" in the ceiling console (outside temp gauge, garage door remote. etc.). I was wondering if the console is then wider, or different in some way - changing the shape or length of the visor. But again, the space for the visor "looks" about the same. I suppose I should go back to the dealer, with my visor in hand, and hold it up to the one at the dealer.
IF it is the same, YES!, I would gladly take yours. Just curious, why are you getting rid of yours?

Thanks, JB
PM sent.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:40 AM   #9
JBeasty's Tacoma Gallery
successful swap

Just wanted to say, for any one following this thread: you CAN switch them. mjp2 gave me his and they swapped out nicely. They are working well for me so far. A little heavy and 'jiggly', but maybe my thin ones jiggled and I didn't notice. And they block the sun I was getting on the side of my face every day on the way to work! Thanks again mjp2!!