Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Dream Build It

Old 06-11-2008, 09:34 PM   #1
The Professional
c0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 3rd SFG(A)
c0b2a's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to c0b2a
Dream Build It

I will be the first to admit my lack of auto-part savyness and I know little about what works with what. But after research of what people seem to like on here and other places I have started to make a list of what I would like to do to my truck. I would love input and suggestions on these items I have picked out.
What I am going for is I want top of the line. I am the type that would rather wait and save and get the best instead of buying middle of the road and having to upgrade later. Also if I am missing something crucial to the success of this build please inform me and possibly offer suggestion.

What I want:
A solid 3" lift with 33" tires that offers good feel with normal daily road driving but that can handle some serious trail off-roading.
A full new exhaust system that offers best ++ in performance and fuel proficiency. (or other upgrades that will increase performance & fuel proficiency)
Great off-roading protection features like rock sliders etc.

Here are the links to the items that after researching look like they will give me what I want.

Toytec 3” Lift Coil Kit with AAL
http://www.toyteclifts.com/0507tacoc...07tacoliftkits

Bilstein 5100 Series shocks
http://www.bilstein.com/offroad.php

Nitto Terra Grappler [want 33" tires but don't know which specific tire I'll need]
http://www.nittotire.com/#index%2Etire%2Eterragrappler

JBA Headers, Tacoma 05+ 4.0L V6
http://www.urdusa.com/product_info.p..._id=1250203501

JBA Exhaust, Tacoma, 05+, EC/LB, DC/SB, 4.0L V6
http://www.urdusa.com/product_info.p..._id=1260198007

Shrockworks Rock sliders
http://www.shrockworks.com/Toyota-Ta...-pr-16188.html

Shrockwork Winch Bumper
http://www.shrockworks.com/Toyota-Ta...-pr-16174.html

So that is what I have selected thus far. Currently I have not upgraded anything on my truck.. It is just like it came (08 DC/SB SR5 TRD)

Thanks for all your help please feel free to suggest better products and other upgrades I might consider to achieve main goals.

PS: cost really isn't an issue and I intend to go through with these upgrades within the next 6 months.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:46 PM   #3
The Professional
c0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

c0b2a's Tacoma Gallery
I have looked but I have no idea about wheels and what I need. I looked at some but didn't know if they were quality, anyone have a good site to go browse some high quality wheels?
Old 06-11-2008, 09:49 PM   #4
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
How good is jba exhaust i live down the street from them maybe might go with them price is nice.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:52 PM   #5
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
Looks like your gonna have a badass truck once your done! The Nitto Terra Grapplers are a good choice, i have them on mine... I'm also getting the JBA headers soon. It's not easy, but the mods are worth it in the long run...
Old 06-11-2008, 09:56 PM   #6
The Professional

c0b2a's Tacoma Gallery
How are the XD series wheels made by KMC Wheels?
http://www.kmcwheels.com/html_pages/xdseries.html

they look great but what about longevity and over all quality?
Old 06-11-2008, 10:03 PM   #7
Anthony999 is a jewel in the roughAnthony999 is a jewel in the roughAnthony999 is a jewel in the roughAnthony999 is a jewel in the rough

Anthony999's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0b2a View Post

I have a lot of friends who have them, and they love them. They all say that there quality is great , and they look amazing on there trucks. In AZ the black Rockstars are EVERYWHERE.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:10 PM   #8
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I hear bad things about the headers, but to eaches own, i should stop by and check them out get a feel from them.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:14 PM   #9
The Professional

c0b2a's Tacoma Gallery
what kind of headers have you heard good things about.. and what exactly have you heard about the JBA headers that were negative?
Old 06-11-2008, 10:34 PM   #10
Founder Socaltacomas.com

doug thorely headers are more trusted bolt on, better performance, jba lack of performance poor quality but hey they probably redesigned there line and made things better it does say easier install i will check one of these days and see what they say.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:40 PM   #11
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0b2a View Post

NOooooooooooooooooo!!

I mean....YES - buy them for the street.

When you go offroad - get a cheap set of wheels & tires. Black Steal wheels at $45 each are much easier to replace when you dent 'em up, bang 'em up, and scrape 'em up.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:46 PM   #12
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
the JBA are great headers... if u know a good welder then its no problem. i had a reputable exhaust shop do mine, they ported them out and everything. no leaks and has a nice throaty sound.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:49 PM   #13
Founder Socaltacomas.com

luck of the draw i guess, definately get a good welder!