Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Where to sell parts?

Old 06-12-2008, 08:21 AM   #1
gpspowell will become famous soon enoughgpspowell will become famous soon enough
Navy: Viet Nam Veteran 1964-1967
gpspowell's Tacoma Gallery
Where to sell parts?

I'm cleaning out my garage and wondering, other than ebay, where's the best place to advertise all the take-off parts from my '08 Tacoma, TRD, Offroad? 4 Bilstiens, rear leafs, both bumpers, & tow hitch?
Old 06-12-2008, 08:53 AM   #2
Johnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to all

Johnson8537's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpspowell View Post
I'm cleaning out my garage and wondering, other than ebay, where's the best place to advertise all the take-off parts from my '08 Tacoma, TRD, Offroad? 4 Bilstiens, rear leafs, both bumpers, & tow hitch?
There is a Buy sell trade section here and on TN.

I am sure the mods wil move this thread there for you.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:00 AM   #3
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
I've bought and sold items for my truck via Craigslist.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:06 AM   #4
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
x2 on posting here...plus other toyota related forums such as customtacos...and craigslist

ive bought parts from ct, ttora, and craigslist
Old 06-12-2008, 01:17 PM   #6
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i hate ebay...waaay too much hassle...plus i hate paying to sell something

forums and cl are free

why give away that money that youre trying to make...doesnt that defeat the purpose?
Old 06-12-2008, 07:57 PM   #7
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post

forums and cl are free

why give away that money that youre trying to make...doesnt that defeat the purpose?
You can't sell stuff if people don't need or want it. That's where ebay comes in.

I parted out an entire jeep through forums & ebay. What I couldn't sell on the forums, I sold on ebay for a premium price. People are willing to spend $$ on ebay and you almost always find someone who needs what you got.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:43 PM   #8
gpspowell will become famous soon enoughgpspowell will become famous soon enough
Navy: Viet Nam Veteran 1964-1967
gpspowell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

forums and cl are free

Well that's kind of the way I feel as well. Sorry if I appeared to be trying to use the forum as a classified. That was not my intent. Thanks for the reminder about Craigs List". When I figure out what to price the parts at I'll post them in the classifieds here and CL at the same time.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:41 AM   #9
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

i guess i didnt really make my point on ebay...

its not so much the paying part that bothers me (though thats an issue in my world)

rather, i dont feel like its a very safe place anymore for the seller...when i sell stuff online these days i will RARELY ship...too many people can get fake money orders etc...

thats really the plus side of craigslist is that you get a lot of local views...and when someone wants it you can get cold hard cash in your hand and check it out and pretty much tell if its real
Old 06-13-2008, 04:28 AM   #10
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I use the forums, craigslist, & ebay in that order.

Ebay has changed especially since now you can't neg a buyer and increased fees makes it less appealling to me anymore.

Craigslist I have had great success especially large items which are tough to ship. Plus people get to have "eyes on" & decide for themselves & cash is all I accept.

The forums though is where I try first because this is where enthusiasts hang out & no fees!
Old 06-13-2008, 08:02 AM   #11
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
rather, i dont feel like its a very safe place anymore for the seller...when i sell stuff online these days i will RARELY ship...too many people can get fake money orders etc...
As a seller, you gotta be *smart* about it. Doesn't matter where you try to sell stuff - you're gonna have spammers & fraudulent payment attempts.

When I sell on ebay (or anywhere online), payments are in my accounts & verified (or cash in my hands) before anything gets shipped.