1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

tool box???

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tacosupreme54, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Jul 9, 2010 at 12:31 AM
    tacosupreme54

tacosupreme54 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    NW GA
    Vehicle:
    Off-Road 4x4 SR-5
    OME 885's, 90000 and n182 shocks, CB drop, 295/75/16 Hankook Dynapro MT RT03's, 16"x8" Pro Comp 7089 wheels, Avid Off Road Light Bar, Magnaflow 12226-14'' Muffler dumped after axle, color matched grille, Team Realtree camo seat and steering wheel covers, Husky floor liners, towing hitch, bed extender, Tacoma bed mat, all black emblems, black sockmonkey decals, bedlined rear bumper.
    i'm sure somebody out here has already solved this problem, but i cannot figure out which toolbox will work with the dimensions, angles and wheel wells of a short bed 2nd gen. taco. i know i probably haven't looked hard enough yet, but i know somebody on here already knows the answer. :D

if you do know, post me a link to a site or a brand name or something. i'd like a black, diamond plate, locking toolbox. and not those low profile ones; just a regular toolbox.

thanks

2. Jul 9, 2010 at 12:40 AM
    tacosupreme54

Member:
    NW GA
    Vehicle:
    Off-Road 4x4 SR-5
    OME 885's, 90000 and n182 shocks, CB drop, 295/75/16 Hankook Dynapro MT RT03's, 16"x8" Pro Comp 7089 wheels, Avid Off Road Light Bar, Magnaflow 12226-14'' Muffler dumped after axle, color matched grille, Team Realtree camo seat and steering wheel covers, Husky floor liners, towing hitch, bed extender, Tacoma bed mat, all black emblems, black sockmonkey decals, bedlined rear bumper.
    i just read that and realized it looks like i'm asking for someone to research this and find it out for me. i just mean if somebody already knows the answer, i would appreciate it if you could help me out

3. Jul 9, 2010 at 9:49 AM
    Madtown Taco

Madtown Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport SR5 DC LB 4x4
    Gun Metal FJ Cruiser TRD Wheels, Black Head Lights, I-pod Patch Cable for Stock Head Unit, In-Cab 115V outlets, Aries Bull Bar, 12V outlets in Bed, Snug Top Super Sport Topper, Hard-Wired Valentine 1 Radar Detector, Disabled Automatic Air Conditioning for Windshield Vent Setting, Additional D-Rings in Bed, 12-Volt Pop-N-Lock Solenoid in Tailgate Handle, TRD Front Seat Covers, WeatherTech Floor Mats
    If I could do it all over again, I go this route. These look awesome IMO and everything would stay nice and organnized, instead of being a huge pile of crap in a box. Plus I like the way your tailgate would add some additional security to the situation by closing over the tool box door that closes over the drawers. WIth the last selling point being they don't take up so much space in your bed like a full sized tool box will. I mean realistically, how much crap does a guy need to have on his ride to feel "prepared"? I'd have one box set up with bungees, tow straps, ratcheting straps, and the other set up with basic hand tools, socket set, etc. Other than that, I personally use a pair of the small Toyota factory tool boxes. I got a killer deal one time on ebay on them, otherwise I would have never bought them as they are rediculously high from the dealer for what you get. They do the trick for me and don't take up that much room in my bed, but like I said, every time I see these babies with the drawers, I can't help but want one or two. I know you can find these somewhere else besides sears, as I pretty sure they don't make them directly. Happy hunting.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00981305000P?mv=rr

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Jul 9, 2010 at 2:21 PM
    guyjones10

guyjones10 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Go to uwsta.com or weatherguard.com you will be able to get measures for the box that fits a tacoma. length wise it is 63". deep for regular box is like 13" and depth of deep box is like 17" i think. i have a uws and love it. i have always had a toolbox on my trucks. its a must for me.

5. Jul 9, 2010 at 9:09 PM
    tacosupreme54

Member:
    NW GA
    Vehicle:
    Off-Road 4x4 SR-5
    thanks fellas!

6. Jul 10, 2010 at 12:05 AM
    akdisney

akdisney Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    CA
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner SR5 V6
    Thule 422xt rack w/ XK1 rack adapter, uvw tool chest box, nerfBars
    You have think if you buy a bed rack.
    you may have to go with a 60" crossover box

I buy the Xsporter Muitheight rack 422XT
    I only put in a chest tool box 42" between wheel wells.
    are you put in a camper shell?
    may need the 60" low profile box.
    there are floor draw boxs too.

Products Discussed in

To Top