Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

tool box???

Old 07-09-2010, 12:31 AM   #1
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacosupreme54's Tacoma Gallery
tool box???

i'm sure somebody out here has already solved this problem, but i cannot figure out which toolbox will work with the dimensions, angles and wheel wells of a short bed 2nd gen. taco. i know i probably haven't looked hard enough yet, but i know somebody on here already knows the answer.

if you do know, post me a link to a site or a brand name or something. i'd like a black, diamond plate, locking toolbox. and not those low profile ones; just a regular toolbox.

thanks
Old 07-09-2010, 12:40 AM   #2
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacosupreme54's Tacoma Gallery
i just read that and realized it looks like i'm asking for someone to research this and find it out for me. i just mean if somebody already knows the answer, i would appreciate it if you could help me out
Old 07-09-2010, 09:49 AM   #3
Madtown Taco has a spectacular aura aboutMadtown Taco has a spectacular aura aboutMadtown Taco has a spectacular aura about
Name: Mike
Madtown Taco's Tacoma Gallery
If I could do it all over again, I go this route. These look awesome IMO and everything would stay nice and organnized, instead of being a huge pile of crap in a box. Plus I like the way your tailgate would add some additional security to the situation by closing over the tool box door that closes over the drawers. WIth the last selling point being they don't take up so much space in your bed like a full sized tool box will. I mean realistically, how much crap does a guy need to have on his ride to feel "prepared"? I'd have one box set up with bungees, tow straps, ratcheting straps, and the other set up with basic hand tools, socket set, etc. Other than that, I personally use a pair of the small Toyota factory tool boxes. I got a killer deal one time on ebay on them, otherwise I would have never bought them as they are rediculously high from the dealer for what you get. They do the trick for me and don't take up that much room in my bed, but like I said, every time I see these babies with the drawers, I can't help but want one or two. I know you can find these somewhere else besides sears, as I pretty sure they don't make them directly. Happy hunting.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...1305000P?mv=rr
Old 07-09-2010, 02:21 PM   #4
guyjones10 is on a distinguished road

guyjones10's Tacoma Gallery
Go to uwsta.com or weatherguard.com you will be able to get measures for the box that fits a tacoma. length wise it is 63". deep for regular box is like 13" and depth of deep box is like 17" i think. i have a uws and love it. i have always had a toolbox on my trucks. its a must for me.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:05 AM   #6
akdisney is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Name: Alan
akdisney's Tacoma Gallery
You have think if you buy a bed rack.
you may have to go with a 60" crossover box

I buy the Xsporter Muitheight rack 422XT
I only put in a chest tool box 42" between wheel wells.
are you put in a camper shell?
may need the 60" low profile box.
there are floor draw boxs too.