Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Westin Bull Bar Bull S*#t

Old 07-09-2010, 08:30 AM   #1
jammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant future

Name: James
jammdogg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to jammdogg
Westin Bull Bar Bull S*#t

OK,
So I bought a Westin Bull Bar from AutoAnything, good price, free set of lights,.

Came in yesterday, pretty poor instructions. Says to remove the existing 10mm bolts for the mounting bracket. Try 16mm. Really have to focus on a small picture to see how this thing goes on.

After mounting the bracket with no issues, I put the bar on the bracket with the 4 nuts and bolts provided. Finger tight, so I could ensure it was even. Began tightening one by one. As soon as they hit the lock washer, every one of them cross-threaded. ALL OF THEM.

No I am more of a computer guy than a tool guy, but I really don't think I could accidentally cross-thread 4 of these things. When I finger tightened them, the all went on smooth and easy.

So how do I get these off?? They are stuck, and I need to get new bolts.

Appreciate the help.

James
Old 07-09-2010, 09:29 AM   #2
Madtown Taco has a spectacular aura aboutMadtown Taco has a spectacular aura aboutMadtown Taco has a spectacular aura about
Name: Mike
Madtown Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I'd use a Sawzall. Cut right through the whole bolt like butter. Plan on having an extra blade or two. Or use a small cutting wheel, like on a dremel and go after the nut. The Sawzall would be alot faster and less headache. If it starts to spin while you're cutting it have a buddy hold one end of the bolt with a vice-grip pliers or something like that while you cut through it. Good luck. You'll be fine.

I got the Aires bull bar. One look at the crappy included hardware and I knew I needed to "borrow" some better grade stainless steel nuts and bolts from work for the installation.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:50 AM   #3
Stay lifted my friends !
Wattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Uncle K
Wattapunk's Tacoma Gallery
x2..A saw-zall or hacksaw with a metal blade will work. You can also be able to buy a cutting disc for your drill. Try posting some close up pics, we can assist you better..