Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Interior AC vents wont stay open when on full blast

Old 07-10-2010, 04:57 PM   #1
Very Nice !
packfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud of

packfan88's Tacoma Gallery
Interior AC vents wont stay open when on full blast

Any fix for the AC vents on a 08? It seems when i turn it up full blast it causes the verticle vent to turn to blow off me or the horizontal vent to close on me. Whats up with that?
Old 07-10-2010, 05:09 PM   #2
RMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Jay
RMTacoguy30's Tacoma Gallery
Good question. It does the same thing in my '10.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:30 PM   #3
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
SlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlurpeeBlueMetallic's Tacoma Gallery
I had the same problem for a while and then it stopped for the most part. If I point them at an extreme angle and have the blower on high with recirculated air it'll still close one or two of them periodically. I look at it as a "feature"... AC is so strong it closes the vents
Old 07-10-2010, 05:54 PM   #4
pauldotcom is a glorious beacon of lightpauldotcom is a glorious beacon of lightpauldotcom is a glorious beacon of lightpauldotcom is a glorious beacon of lightpauldotcom is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Paul
pauldotcom's Tacoma Gallery
Same problem!
Old 07-10-2010, 08:15 PM   #5
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Never had that issue on either my 08 or 10... Sounds like a warranty problem to me?
Old 07-10-2010, 10:03 PM   #6
Very Nice !
packfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
Never had that issue on either my 08 or 10... Sounds like a warranty problem to me?

expired :-(
Old 07-11-2010, 04:03 AM   #7
Trap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trap's Tacoma Gallery
Check your cabin air filter lately? Is it there? Pull it out and check it. Mine had been inserted incorrectly so it had folded up on one side, so it was not really working. It was letting way to much air threw. Worth a check.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:36 AM   #8
RMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Jay
RMTacoguy30's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap View Post
Check your cabin air filter lately? Is it there? Pull it out and check it. Mine had been inserted incorrectly so it had folded up on one side, so it was not really working. It was letting way to much air threw. Worth a check.
Good idea. My truck is new... But maybe its a Monday morning truck and they forgot to put one in... lol
Old 07-11-2010, 02:33 PM   #9
Trap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trap's Tacoma Gallery
Exactly, my goofed up one was also factory. No way in hell you could fix it. It insisted on folding up on the one side don't matter what you did. I did the cabin air filter MOD instead of getting a new one.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:46 PM   #10
Mark350 is on a distinguished road
Mark350's Tacoma Gallery
My 2010 does the same thing when I crank the AC full blast
Old 07-11-2010, 08:36 PM   #11
Very Nice !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap View Post

I hope thats not what it is because then that means the total air speed will be slowed down after the filter is aligned right. Even tho thats what will be the correct move, I dont want slower air coming out...i want it BLASTING OUT!!! I just want the vent to stay aimed where i point them while on full blast.