Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

05+ Tail Gate Handle Relocator

Old 07-11-2010, 06:24 PM   #1
NoelsMyKuya is on a distinguished road
Name: Aaron
NoelsMyKuya's Tacoma Gallery
05+ Tail Gate Handle Relocator

anybody knw where i can find one? or is there a HOW To or DIY thread on this? google doesnt show anything..
Old 07-11-2010, 06:32 PM   #2
JKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
Relocating it to where?
Old 07-11-2010, 07:30 PM   #3
Dr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to behold

Name: Matt
Dr. Pepper's Tacoma Gallery
I'm assuming the inside. To shave it.

I had it done on my s10...it looked good on s10s, but they werent really a truck..lol. I dont think it would look good on tacomas!
Old 07-11-2010, 07:45 PM   #4
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) USS La Jolla (SSN 701) Veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
Relocating it to where?
lol
Old 07-11-2010, 07:45 PM   #5
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Pepper View Post
I'm assuming the inside. To shave it.

I had it done on my s10...it looked good on s10s, but they werent really a truck..lol. I dont think it would look good on tacomas!
He's lowered.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:49 PM   #6
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
He's lowered.

Old 07-11-2010, 08:25 PM   #7
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY50cal View Post

I'm lowered too, in fact, I'm lower than him.

We have the same suspension guy, and I'm on his front page.

http://streetacos.com/
Old 07-12-2010, 06:27 AM   #8
Dr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to behold

I think lowered base Tacomas look good. I wish there were more 2nd gen Tacomas bagged actually. I also think shaving the tailgate handle would look good on a lowered Tacoma.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:14 AM   #10
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
there's a guy down here that did it, and i think theyre's a thread up on ct that might mention it, the xr with the caddy tails
Yea, but that wasn't a kit. He just shaved it, and did his own thing.

Kits usually have a filler plate and some other crap to make the handle work inside the gate.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:19 AM   #11
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Do the door handles, french the antenna, make a crooked license plate inset, replace back bumper with molded in roll pan...go carzy, MOD MOD MOD!..............and post pics.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:23 AM   #12
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
Do the door handles, french the antenna, make a crooked license plate inset, replace back bumper with molded in roll pan...go carzy, MOD MOD MOD!..............and post pics.
lol

That's like saying, put on a 3" lift, satoshi your grille, put Hella 500's behind it, get black wheels with BFG AT's...lol

haha Sorry if that came off doucherish.

You just rattled off all of the most common minitruckin' mods ever. lol
Old 07-12-2010, 11:36 AM   #13
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
lol

That's like saying, put on a 3" lift, satoshi your grille, put Hella 500's behind it, get black wheels with BFG AT's...lol

haha Sorry if that came off doucherish.

You just rattled off all of the most common minitruckin' mods ever. lol
Nah it wasn't, my old lowered street toyota also had removable hardtop along with all those others. lol. They're appropriate (to a point) for lowered street & the ones you mentioned were appropriate for off road. A buddy of mine was jealous of my convertible so he one up'd it by doing homemade T-tops and custom front spoiler on his. Talk about leaky leaky overkilled hi lux, lol.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:40 AM   #14
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
sir michaels makes one.i had it on my 2002 taco. only problem is if you load the bed up,you cant get to the handle. i found out the hard way.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:23 PM   #15
Wrangler Convert
sixdoubleseven will become famous soon enough

Name: Dave
sixdoubleseven's Tacoma Gallery
What does it mean to "french" the antenna?
Old 07-12-2010, 02:05 PM   #16

To put it into the body.

All this minitruckin' talk....I gotta show my old s10...

Yes...I wish i still had it...