1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bestop Supertop questions

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by JMan551, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Jul 12, 2010 at 8:07 PM
    JMan551

JMan551 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Ferndale, WA
    Vehicle:
    '10 Access Cab TRD Sport
    TRD Skid Plate, Toyota Hood Protector, Magnaflow Exhaust, AFE Intake, Badgless
    I have done some searching, and I feel like i've read every Bestop post out there. My question is this:
    The back end of the top has a roll up window, and the sides are zip out...can I roll the side windows up? From what I found everyone pulls the windows out, and I even found a couple of threads about carefully storing the windows once removed. If the rear window can roll, why can't the side windows roll up? Everyone makes these windows out to be very fragile.

Also, has anyone purchased the side screens? Are they durable? I think they would be especially nice for a dog, but if the dog pushes up against it will it just break or bust out?

Thanks you all in advance, looking forward to pulling the trigger on one.

JER

2. Jul 12, 2010 at 8:20 PM
    Lunercrab

Lunercrab Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Beth
    Lehigh Valley area, PA
    Vehicle:
    2019 off road cement
    I've had my bestop on and off now for alittle over two years...i use it only in the summer when i'm camping and then pack it up for the winter...so far it's held up well...i mean the windows are a bit dirty and scratched up, but nothing too bad...as far as the windows and the rear flap i never rolled them up at all...actually the way it's laid out it would be kinda hard to roll up i would think....there's a piece of plastic on the top and bottom portion of the windows that hold them in place on the canopy....they are fairly easy to remove and replace tho...i can't comment on the screen windows since i don't own them so maybe someone else can chime in on that one...but for me the bestop was the best of both worlds...i never personally liked the look of a cap, this way it's something i can easily roll up when not in use....hoped i could help alittle...

3. Jul 14, 2010 at 11:07 PM
    JMan551

JMan551 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Ferndale, WA
    Vehicle:
    '10 Access Cab TRD Sport
    TRD Skid Plate, Toyota Hood Protector, Magnaflow Exhaust, AFE Intake, Badgless
    Have you ever been 'out and about' and decided you needed to remove your side windows? Where did/would you have stashed them? Could they be collapsed in any way (folded, rolled, made smaller to place in the back seat maybe?), I know you said they have a plastic piece in them is that sewn in?

Thank you for the reply, I'm excited to possibly be getting one soon!

JER

4. Jul 14, 2010 at 11:22 PM
    barlowrs

barlowrs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    Build Thread: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/builds/74926-barlowrs-06-taco-expo-build-thread.html OME Lift, FJ SE Wheels, 255/85 KM2, Allpro Plate Bumper, 8K Winch, Synthetic Line, Yaesu FT-8800R, Custom Sliders Sockmonkey bedside decals, BHLM, base model grille, TRD offroad (black) trim
    Same here, I have had mine for over 4 years, and I have never rolled the rear up, I just take them out. I am not gentle on the windows at all. I will usually just throw them in the bed with something heavy on them to keep them from flying out. Mine are scratched now, but I dont really care...my whole truck is covered in "natual pinstriping" now.

They also fit nicely in the rear seat of an access cab if you dont want to throw them in the bed

Products Discussed in

To Top