Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Ipod Interface for 2010

Old 07-12-2010, 08:29 PM   #1
Go Pack Go!
hawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Bryce
hawkeye12's Tacoma Gallery
Ipod Interface for 2010

Does anyone know of a good iPod interface system to use in a 2010?
Old 07-12-2010, 09:36 PM   #2
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
It seems most recommend the USA Spec unit. I personally had the PXAMG unit in my Accord and for the most part it worked fine. The only thing I failed to do was a firmware upgrade before I installed it.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:15 AM   #5
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Doesn't the new trucks have AUX input?

It does. My sound quality/level is subpar. I am not too sure if it is me or not.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:17 AM   #6
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Doesn't the new trucks have AUX input?
With today's technology the Aux input is a poor attempt at an mp3 connection. All vehicles should have at the very least a USB connection and control capabilities.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:20 AM   #7
bigcoffinhunter is on a distinguished road
bigcoffinhunter's Tacoma Gallery
The aux connection is ok, but I agree that the volume level is awful. I need to have the volume at max, and it's still too low.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:25 AM   #8
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcoffinhunter View Post
The aux connection is ok, but I agree that the volume level is awful. I need to have the volume at max, and it's still too low.
Do some research. There are lots of threads about this already. Search button is located upper blue bar towards the right side.

I personally have USA Spec PA-15-Toy and I used to own Ipod2car PXDP. Also, search www.google.com
There are many options. It all depends on your budget and what you want.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:53 AM   #9
fjm0008 has a spectacular aura aboutfjm0008 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jack
fjm0008's Tacoma Gallery
Ipod Interface

I recommend the PAY-15 Toy from USA Spec, the sound is great and it will give you artist and song on the radio as well as moving through playlists from the unit or steering controls. It also has a RCA imput for Sirius or XM which I am using for my Starmate. This unit is great. Try Ebay, that is where I got mine.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:05 AM   #10
Go Pack Go!
hawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Bryce
hawkeye12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Do some research. There are lots of threads about this already. Search button is located upper blue bar towards the right side.
I know how to search and I did search... I even went to the USA Spec website to try to answer my question... They way I am reading it, their interface systems are currently only supporting up to a 2008 Taco, when I need it for my 2010.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:35 PM   #12
Astar312 is on a distinguished road
Name: Amanda
Astar312's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmorrisvb View Post
It does. My sound quality/level is subpar. I am not too sure if it is me or not.
Not just you. I had the same thing in both the 09 and the 2010. Anything from the aux input isn't the same quality sound as the radio or the cd player..
Old 07-13-2010, 12:37 PM   #13
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
AUX input sounded fine when I used it. Ipod volume should not be at max. I now have the USA Spec unit. Works great.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:38 PM   #14
PB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
PB65stang's Tacoma Gallery
What about the Toyota iPod interface? You lose your SAT capability, but it charges your iPod and gives you a direct connection.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:51 PM   #15
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB65stang View Post
What about the Toyota iPod interface? You lose your SAT capability, but it charges your iPod and gives you a direct connection.
The Grom and USA Spec units charge your ipod and you don't lose SAT and are way cheaper.