1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ipod auxilery cord 2nd gen.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 1WhiteTaco, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Jul 13, 2010 at 12:10 AM
    1WhiteTaco

1WhiteTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    White 05 PreRunner V6 SR5
    2 inch spacer lift, tint, a little tint in the tails, lightbar, kc offroad lights
    I was wondering if its possible to go somewhere and have an ipod auxilery cord hooked up to the stock head unit for an 05? Has anyone does it? How does it work?

2. Jul 13, 2010 at 12:11 AM
    rvcahawaii808

rvcahawaii808 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    cameron
    beaverton
    Vehicle:
    04 limited T4R 4x4
    also interested...

3. Jul 13, 2010 at 5:55 AM
    fjm0008

fjm0008 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Annapolis
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 LB White
    Sirius Starmate and ipod integration w/Pay15 Toy USA Spec, Hardwired Radar Detector and GPS, DRL Mod,Tailgate Anti Theft mod, Hi Lift Jack, CB Radio, Back up sensors, Front 30% tint, Leer 100R Cap, Weathertech, Under hood light and 12V outlet, D Rings, N-FAB Step Bars, Bed Mat, Yakima Bike Rack, OEM Roof Rack
    Try the Pay-15 Toy from USA spec. You won't be dissapointed. Check ebay.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Jul 13, 2010 at 9:23 AM
    m_taker1

m_taker1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Bug deflecter, vent shades, Airaid Intake, Pop 'n lock, replaced chrome bumper with black bumper, replaced chrome grille surround with a black grille surround, blacked out logo in the front, debadged, center console lock, grom audio mp3/ipod,weathertech digital liners
    i just put in the one made by grom audio (i found the posts on here for it) it was fairly easy to put in. with mine it came with the cable to connect to the back of the stock radio, hid the box on the side of the glove box then ran the wire out by the steering wheel (the little compartment by the middle console) i have the 6 cd changer so when i want to use the ipod i hit the disc button 2 times and it comes up as a different display. if i hit the disc button again it goes back to the cd changer. if you want search for grom audio on this site, there are links right to it and the model number.

5. Jul 13, 2010 at 9:37 AM
    kd8awe

kd8awe Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rocky
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off Road
    Fog mod, 3" lift, ShoMe stobes, MicroLight LED Strobes, HiLift Jack, RCI 2950, Yaesu 8900r, 20% Tint, ScanGauge II, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, *** New Mod's (parts on the way) *** U-Bolt flip kit. Tom Woods 1 Piece Double Cardan Drive Shaft. 3* Axel Shims
    USA spec is the one I have. Works great.

6. Jul 13, 2010 at 3:08 PM
    jward2331

jward2331 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Fleming Island, Fl
    Vehicle:
    '08 PreRunner SR5 TRD Sport
    Debadged, tinted windows, upper/lower Grillcraft (horns relocated), Hella 500's with HID Mod (55W 5000) behind grill, shorty antenna, WeatherTech side window deflectors, suspension TSB, Westin Signature Nerf bars, JVC KD A-615 Head Unit with Sirius Direct tuner, Blacked out headlights, DTDL Mod (Switch for on/off), Hard Wired GPS, NOKYA Arctic Hyper Yellow Fog lights, Fog lights on anytime Mod, Michelin LTX M/S2 (P265/65R17), Powder coated OEM wheels. LED ANZO tail lights, Weather Tech FloorLiners.
    How much are they?

7. Jul 13, 2010 at 5:01 PM
    Greg337

Greg337 Member

Member:
    You are in luck!

I have an ipod interface kit that will work for your Tacoma. I bought it with the intention of using it in my truck but it didn't work with my 2010 stereo. The packaging states "works with 04 and up Toyota Tacoma, Camry, etc" but on closer inspection the kit was produced in 2004.

The point of the story is that I will sell it to you for $16 plus shipping (what I paid for it)

It is Axxess "Wire-Tunes" model TYIP01

It worked with my video ipod (meaning it charged and showed a screen that said Axxess), just wouldn't communicate with my stereo.

Which model ipod do you plan to connect to your stereo?

Products Discussed in

To Top