Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Access Cab w/ I4 (Possible?)

Old 06-15-2008, 02:34 PM   #1
PhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Civil Air Patrol (US Air Force Auxiliary)
PhoenixCadet's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to PhoenixCadet
Access Cab w/ I4 (Possible?)

I checked a while back on the build-it-yourself part of the Toyota website, and for the '08 Tacoma Access Cab, I was able to successfully have an I4 with it.

I can't do that now. The only option for the Access Cab is the V-6.

Did they change something? Or can you still get an I4 with an Access Cab?
Old 06-15-2008, 05:30 PM   #2
LRH is on a distinguished road
LRH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixCadet View Post
I checked a while back on the build-it-yourself part of the Toyota website, and for the '08 Tacoma Access Cab, I was able to successfully have an I4 with it.

I can't do that now. The only option for the Access Cab is the V-6.

Did they change something? Or can you still get an I4 with an Access Cab?
-----------------------------------------------------------
Put in another Zip Code, and try again.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:13 PM   #3
PhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Got it. Thanks.

Now, another question. I tried the same for this (changing the zip code, and it didn't work), but... Is there any way you could get an I4 (Auto), Access Cab with the PreRunner drivetype?

Does that depend on the zip code, as well? Or is that not possible?
Old 06-15-2008, 07:15 PM   #4
Mudbug is on a distinguished road

Mudbug's Tacoma Gallery
I know it was in 07. Try another zip.... Try a texas one. Try 75247
Old 06-15-2008, 09:59 PM   #5
LRH is on a distinguished road
LRH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixCadet View Post
Got it. Thanks.

Now, another question. I tried the same for this (changing the zip code, and it didn't work), but... Is there any way you could get an I4 (Auto), Access Cab with the PreRunner drivetype?

Does that depend on the zip code, as well? Or is that not possible?
--------------------------------------------------------------------
No 2.7 with automatic in the current 4WD/PreRunner; just the 5 lug chassis.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:06 PM   #6

The reason why I prefer the PreRunner is because it's (to my knowledge) a bit more raised than the regular version.

This might seem like an elementary question, but - how would one go about getting a truck raised a bit? Is that something you do before it comes off the lot?

I'm not talking about much. This would be great:

(I ask this because - from what I've seen, Tacos that aren't PreRunners are generally lower than this.)
Old 06-15-2008, 10:11 PM   #7
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
you can do it in the 70005 zip code but no automatics.