Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2nd Gen Price Check - deal or no deal?

Old 07-13-2010, 06:18 PM   #1
DrWang is on a distinguished road
DrWang's Tacoma Gallery
Talking 2nd Gen Price Check - deal or no deal?

Hi everyone,

I'm in the market for a used 2nd gen Tacoma. I came across the following private sale for $11,750:

2005 PreRunner SR5 Access Cab V6
Automatic Transmission
Mileage: 114,000
AC/PS/Tilt/ABS/SR5/Power Windows/Doors/Cruise Control/Bed Liner/Alloy wheels

From the pics it looks like it is in good condition. I plan on having it checked out by a dealer and looking at the Carfax. But if there are no red flags, is this a good price?

Thanks! This forum rocks.
Brian
Old 07-13-2010, 06:24 PM   #2
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
yea i think it's a good price. make sure you check autocheck.com as well..seems kinda low to me
Old 07-13-2010, 06:31 PM   #3
What would Scooby do?
travelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
travelingman's Tacoma Gallery
check NADA
Old 07-13-2010, 06:48 PM   #4
those who seek fear shall be followed by fear
TacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud of

Name: Chuck
TacomaMtnMan's Tacoma Gallery
that price does seem low to me... be sure the carfax is clear and you physically check out the truck yourself... no major body scratches and see if you can get the maintenance records, take for a test drive.

Welcome to the forum!
Old 07-13-2010, 06:51 PM   #5
DrWang's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks everyone!

Here are the NADA results, not sure how to interpret since they don't give a private sale estimate. Any thoughts?

Rough Trade In - $10,250
Average Trade In - $11,350
Clean Trade In - $12,225

It is coming up on the 120k service, so that could be a factor.

Thanks!
Brian
Old 07-14-2010, 04:21 AM   #6
Stay lifted my friends !
Wattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Uncle K
Wattapunk's Tacoma Gallery
For an access cab, year model, and high mileage, price seems right. I seen similar on CL for around same price range.

Old 07-14-2010, 09:50 PM   #7
DrWang's Tacoma Gallery
Hey all,

I just checked with the owner on this car and all looks good EXCEPT for 2 things:

1. Maintenance: the only maintenance done was oil changes and they don't have documentation. So that means no spark plug changes or changing of differential fluid. How bad is this?

2. The owner used to smoke and quit 1.5 years ago. I don't smoke and I hate the smell of it. I will obviously do my own sniff test but is there a possibility that the smell returns? (it was just detailed and shampooed I think).

The good news is that I could probably negotiate the price down a fair bit from the asking price of $11,750 (perhaps down to the 10k region).

Here is a copy of the original ad. Thanks!! Brian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2005 TOYOTA TACOMA PRERUNNER SR5 ACCESS CAB V6

Year: 2005
Make: Toyota Tacoma PreRunner SR5 Access Cab
Engine: V6
Transmission: Automatic
Mileage: 113,753
Color: Grey
Interior: Grey

Asking: $11,750 (Cashiers Check or Cash only)

Air Conditioning, Power Steering, Tilt Wheel, AM/FM with CD, Dual Air Bags, ABS, SR5, Power Windows, Power Door Locks, Cruise Control, Sliding Rear Window, Bed Liner, Alloy Wheels.