Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Overhead console issue - temp/compass not working

Old 07-15-2010, 08:07 AM   #1
gravyleg is on a distinguished road
gravyleg's Tacoma Gallery
Overhead console issue - temp/compass not working

First time poster here but have "lurked" from time to time for a while.

I have a 2007 Tacoma with the temperature gauge/electronic compass over head center. This cluster also has sunglasses holder and the two over head lights.

The temperature gauge/electronic compass no longer lights up. No amount of pressing the button (this cycles it from std. to metric to off) will turn this display back on. For a week or so it worked intermittently. No it's a total no go.

Anyone have any experience with this? How to trouble shoot, good source of replacement parts, etc.?

Thanks in advance!

-Kevin
Old 07-15-2010, 08:10 AM   #2
Banned
ShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Forward Observer
Name: Casey
ShaShasBoo's Tacoma Gallery
Use your search button. Temp/Compass Fix
Old 07-15-2010, 08:11 AM   #3
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...light=overhead
Old 07-15-2010, 08:12 AM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-temp-fix.html
Old 07-15-2010, 08:18 AM   #5
Thanks all! Apologies for not searching first! Will give this soldering thing a go... I have the technology...
Old 07-15-2010, 08:26 AM   #6
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
It's super easy...I did it the other day, and it took all of 5 minutes.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:36 PM   #7
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
I think the search button should be sent in an email to every new member as a widjet for their computer..................and I can admit that I was once new as well and it would have helped me out as well...............
Old 07-15-2010, 12:59 PM   #8
CRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really nice

CRfofiddyF's Tacoma Gallery
^^ or maybe how to search for the search option
Old 07-15-2010, 01:01 PM   #9
Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!
NraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
Wow. Only 7 posts to get off topic. We are improving gentlemen!
Old 07-15-2010, 01:05 PM   #10
Banned
ShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Forward Observer
Name: Casey
ShaShasBoo's Tacoma Gallery
I did the fix last year, took like 10 minutes from start to finish. No problems since.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:18 PM   #11
Mission accomplished gentleman. It was pretty easy. I will share with the 3 other Tacoma owners I work with... theirs may fail next!

Now I need a new windshield (rock crack)... been one damn thing after another this week...

-Kevin
Old 07-21-2010, 04:08 PM   #12
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Mine just went out.. funny that I actually found this post when just doing search..

Q: Why does this happen??
Old 07-21-2010, 04:20 PM   #13
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raycie View Post
Mine just went out.. funny that I actually found this post when just doing search..

Q: Why does this happen??
Shitty solder
Old 01-23-2011, 08:35 AM   #14
Harley07 is on a distinguished road
Name: Don
Harley07's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Console

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Thanks for the tip. As you said both 510's were completley off luckily they were easy to locate. Within 15 minutes it was taken apart re-soldered and put back together and works fine. Thanks for saving me 900.00!