Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Rear end & suspension question

Old 07-16-2010, 12:02 PM   #1
TacoOwner? is a splendid one to beholdTacoOwner? is a splendid one to beholdTacoOwner? is a splendid one to beholdTacoOwner? is a splendid one to beholdTacoOwner? is a splendid one to beholdTacoOwner? is a splendid one to behold
Name: Joshua
TacoOwner?'s Tacoma Gallery
Rear end & suspension question

So two questions,

I have the locker mod, love it, my question; How well do you think the rear end would fair if I locked it on pavement and dropped the clutch of a rev'd motor (just a line, no turning)?

Number 2, I have taken my truck wheeling and driven through mud/water and now my truck squeaks when I take off or drive over anything (if my suspension in compressed or extended). I think it is probably dirt in the suspension or the polyurethane rubber thing that is on the ends of the strut. Has anyone else had this problem? I tried to spray it off really good, but the problem persists. Could it be possible that I have to lubricate something?

Thanks for the help.

Josh
Old 07-16-2010, 12:12 PM   #3
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
make sure u video it and post!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-16-2010, 12:12 PM   #4
TacoOwner? is a splendid one to beholdTacoOwner? is a splendid one to beholdTacoOwner? is a splendid one to beholdTacoOwner? is a splendid one to beholdTacoOwner? is a splendid one to beholdTacoOwner? is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
how long does any mechanical thing last when you abuse it?
True.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:15 PM   #6
Lrgrnr, that is exactly how mine sounds! Something I just need to get over?

Josh
Old 07-16-2010, 12:21 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
yes, until you blow the rear. Then you'll hear BBBBAAAAAAMMMMM CRACK CABOOOOOOMMMM
Naa, asking questions wont blow my rear end. Thanks for input all.

Josh
Old 07-16-2010, 12:23 PM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
IMO no locker mod needed for the 09 and up trucks since there are plenty of traction options.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:30 PM   #9
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
Didn't they start right back up again after the first rain or wheeling trip? Could of thought that's what happened, but I could be wrong.

It does suck when you have your truck all nice and pretty to go take a chic on a date & I hope they don't here me pulling up, but once they are inside I just turn the radio up.

Is that before or after you give them the candy?
Old 07-16-2010, 12:32 PM   #10
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoOwner? View Post
So two questions,

I have the locker mod, love it, my question; How well do you think the rear end would fair if I locked it on pavement and dropped the clutch of a rev'd motor (just a line, no turning)?

Josh
It will work perfectly until it doesn't. Why would you want to even try it? Ok, maybe if it was a work truck I've been known to test the latest automotive technology on rental cars over the years.