Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Avid Step Bars vs NFab Step Bars - Picture Request

Old 07-27-2010, 06:13 AM   #21
Civil Servant
floridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
floridaoccifer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdwsrjoe View Post
Here's another pic with my previous wheels.

Good choice on upgrading wheels!

and...

AUTOPARTSDEALER.COM SENT ME ACCESS CAB STEP BARS
Old 07-27-2010, 08:10 AM   #23
iSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
iSTIZO99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaoccifer View Post
AUTOPARTSDEALER.COM SENT ME ACCESS CAB STEP BARS
Ah that sucks!
Old 07-27-2010, 08:48 AM   #24
Civil Servant
floridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Yeah they are covering the return shipping and sending the rights ones out today.... DAMN IT!
Old 07-27-2010, 08:57 AM   #25
Banned
Masada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Taylor
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
LOL you guys should have gone with AVID. Brandon is a former Toyota Master Tech and knows his stuff. Plus it's all hand crafted and quality assured. If ever there was a product I would bet my trucks body on was his sliders. With that said the steps are just as good and would last a lifetime.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:20 AM   #26
Civil Servant

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masada View Post
LOL you guys should have gone with AVID. Brandon is a former Toyota Master Tech and knows his stuff. Plus it's all hand crafted and quality assured. If ever there was a product I would bet my trucks body on was his sliders. With that said the steps are just as good and would last a lifetime.

Brandon is awesome and he was offering a great product at a great price BUT I am not in the position to spend an additional $200 to powder coat his product after spending $300 on the bars. I had to choose a product that was coated already and for $300 total I chose to go with GoRhino.

I wish I could afford the AVID products but until he offers them as a finished product at a price point that matches the market I will have to pass. Besides, GoRhino offers a 5yr warranty on their products...
Old 07-27-2010, 09:44 AM   #27
bdwsrjoe is a splendid one to beholdbdwsrjoe is a splendid one to beholdbdwsrjoe is a splendid one to beholdbdwsrjoe is a splendid one to beholdbdwsrjoe is a splendid one to beholdbdwsrjoe is a splendid one to beholdbdwsrjoe is a splendid one to behold

Name: Joe
bdwsrjoe's Tacoma Gallery
This is my trucks Evil Twin!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyJ33 View Post

These are the 3" N-Fabs with the wrinkle black finish. Absolutely love them. I'm definitely going with the Avid light bar in the near future though
Old 07-27-2010, 10:30 AM   #28
Banned
Masada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaoccifer View Post
Brandon is awesome and he was offering a great product at a great price BUT I am not in the position to spend an additional $200 to powder coat his product after spending $300 on the bars. I had to choose a product that was coated already and for $300 total I chose to go with GoRhino.

I wish I could afford the AVID products but until he offers them as a finished product at a price point that matches the market I will have to pass. Besides, GoRhino offers a 5yr warranty on their products...
Sounds like you need to find a cheaper place to have stuff powder coated... Or just spray paint it like most. Think of it this way, if you take the truck out and it scrapes or chips the powder coating at all, it's going to look like crap. Then you have to pay all that money to have it recoated. Spray paint costs $3.49 a can and looks just as good and in the long run it's cheaper than having it powder coated.

But I understand you point of view, if you don't plan on running the truck on trails much. If you ever need the protection of the sliders his are way cheaper than others out there and better quality.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:40 PM   #29
Civil Servant

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Sounds like you need to find a cheaper place to have stuff powder coated... Or just spray paint it like most...

his are way cheaper than others out there and better quality.
I wish I could but this place is HORRIBLE on pricing for powder coating and I can not bring myself to spray paint something that is a major additions to my vehicle.

As for the quality and craftsmanship, I know there is nothing better out there then the AVID products I just cant afford to go that route (right now anyway).
Old 07-27-2010, 01:14 PM   #30
Banned
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
Lol I hear you on the spraypaint, but it's not as bad as it sound plus its cheaper to repair than powdercoating. I don't mind it i guess...

Good luck man

Stay safe.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:16 PM   #31
kulcat is on a distinguished road
Name: Thomas
kulcat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Lol I hear you on the spraypaint, but it's not as bad as it sound plus its cheaper to repair than powdercoating. I don't mind it i guess...

Good luck man

Stay safe.
AND you get the sensation that you actually did more than just tighten a few bolts I ordered mine from Brandon a couple weeks ago...can't wait to get them in and get some bed liner type stuff on them.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:47 PM   #32
those who seek fear shall be followed by fear
TacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud of

Name: Chuck
TacomaMtnMan's Tacoma Gallery
So far I am very impressed talking with Brandon... Just put my order in for sliders and the avid bar. I will probably have them both line-xed.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:50 PM   #33
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sounds like you need to find a cheaper place to have stuff powder coated... Or just spray paint it like most. Think of it this way, if you take the truck out and it scrapes or chips the powder coating at all, it's going to look like crap. Then you have to pay all that money to have it recoated. Spray paint costs $3.49 a can and looks just as good and in the long run it's cheaper than having it powder coated.

But I understand you point of view, if you don't plan on running the truck on trails much. If you ever need the protection of the sliders his are way cheaper than others out there and better quality.
this. it "costed" me $75 to power-coat my stuff
Old 08-07-2010, 07:26 AM   #34
ycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
ycart1201's Tacoma Gallery

I'm rocking AVID step rails. I love them. No regrets. I painted them myself. At first I thought it was going to be hard but the small surface area that you see once they are installed makes it easy to get and even coat.

Nathan
ycart1201
Old 08-07-2010, 02:15 PM   #35
Civil Servant

Law Enforcement:
After receiving the NFAB steps I must say that the quality is very nice. The powdercoat finish is beautiful and they fit wonderful. I ended up paying $296.00 out the door at 4wheelparts in Tampa.

I still would have loved to get the AVID bars but once again until I find a cheaper powdercoating shop I am going to have to pass...

Great pix everyone and thank you for input!
Old 08-07-2010, 02:26 PM   #36
Dr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to behold

Name: Matt
Dr. Pepper's Tacoma Gallery
And wheres the pictures!? Are they on yet?
Old 08-07-2010, 02:27 PM   #37
Civil Servant

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Pepper View Post
And wheres the pictures!? Are they on yet?

Yeah they were on 30 minutes after picking them up... I have been super busy this past week and have not had a chance to take any pictures. I will try and get some this week... I guess that is the hazard of working 2 jobs these days
Old 08-07-2010, 03:15 PM   #38
Dr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to behold

Name: Matt
Dr. Pepper's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, I gotcha dude. Work comes first, just post some pictures up when you get a chance. Or I'll be over in 30 to check em out!
Old 08-07-2010, 03:33 PM   #39
bdwsrjoe is a splendid one to beholdbdwsrjoe is a splendid one to beholdbdwsrjoe is a splendid one to beholdbdwsrjoe is a splendid one to beholdbdwsrjoe is a splendid one to beholdbdwsrjoe is a splendid one to beholdbdwsrjoe is a splendid one to behold

Name: Joe
bdwsrjoe's Tacoma Gallery
how much do you guys think it would cost to have the little stepping plate on nfabs linex'd or rhino'd?
Old 08-07-2010, 03:45 PM   #40
Civil Servant

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Pepper View Post
Oh, I gotcha dude. Work comes first, just post some pictures up when you get a chance. Or I'll be over in 30 to check em out!

I just took the inlaws camera outside and snapped some pix for you Dr.