Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Avid Step Bars vs NFab Step Bars - Picture Request

Old 08-07-2010, 04:00 PM   #41
iSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
iSTIZO99's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! And looks like you got caught in this rain shower too. I'm supposed to be getting my NFabs on Tuesday...can't wait.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:02 PM   #42
Civil Servant
floridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
floridaoccifer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSTIZO99 View Post
Nice! And looks like you got caught in this rain shower too. I'm supposed to be getting my NFabs on Tuesday...can't wait.

Thanks! Yeah its been raining all day... You will LOVE the bars and super simple install.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:32 PM   #43
Dr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to behold

Name: Matt
Dr. Pepper's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man, for sure. And I think what you paid, is pretty good for them...with the finish and all. And you got to pick them up! Def. the ones I plan to get in the future!
Old 08-26-2010, 08:32 PM   #44
CowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CowboyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, ignorant question. How do these differ from the Predator tube steps from the factory?

Old 08-26-2010, 08:41 PM   #45
iSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadows View Post
Ok, ignorant question. How do these differ from the Predator tube steps from the factory?

Don't know...they look very similar to the NFabs or other makes except for Avids. Maybe price?
Old 08-26-2010, 08:43 PM   #46
fiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Theresa
fiestee23's Tacoma Gallery
another pic of my NFABs
Old 08-26-2010, 08:47 PM   #47

In that case I'll join in too. Here's my N-Faps.

Old 08-27-2010, 03:10 AM   #48
george3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
george3's Tacoma Gallery
It looks like the NFabs, Smittybuilts, Predators are painted or powdercoated and have a flat grate over the tube on the step part. The Avids are raw metal and don't have flat grate over the tube on the step part. The Avids are cheaper but then you have to pay to have them painted or powdercoated unless you just spray them with a rattle can. You also have to be comfortable with 3M tape on the step instead of the flat grate. Even if you are comfortable with it you might have a woman or kids that aren't. I have absolutely no first hand experience with any of this - just my observation from reading and looking at pics. Anyone with first hand experience is welcome to contradict any thing I've said.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:43 AM   #49
motopilot is on a distinguished road

motopilot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaoccifer View Post
Thanks! Yeah its been raining all day... You will LOVE the bars and super simple install.

Which size bars are these? the 2" or 3"? Look great and that price is great. Going to try to do the same here in the Orlando area. Wife is asking for some.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:25 PM   #50
judd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant future
EMS:
judd94's Tacoma Gallery
yup N-fab, smittybilt and predators are all the same. can't wait to order mine
Old 08-28-2010, 10:16 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by motopilot View Post
Which size bars are these? the 2" or 3"? Look great and that price is great. Going to try to do the same here in the Orlando area. Wife is asking for some.
Yup, I got them because of the wife too. Mine are the 2" main tube. I believe you can still find some in the 3", but it was like $75+ over the 2" tubes I think. That wasn't a big deal for me.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:44 AM   #52
Civil Servant
floridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
From what I have found (when calling around) it appears that the 3" tube for Nfab has disappeared. The only bars I could find were 2"

The predator bars are 3" and have a removable step plate. I wanted these but thanks to an internet mishap I ended up with the Nfab and I must admit I LOVE THEM.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:18 AM   #53
tony92629 is just really nicetony92629 is just really nicetony92629 is just really nicetony92629 is just really nice

Name: Tony
tony92629's Tacoma Gallery
I am also looking to buy steps/sliders:

I looked at the Avid and N-Fab. Here are my findings:

While the Avid's are less expensive, they are not painted - I do not want to rattle can them and powder coating runs about $100.00 for both per the local shop. So thats $330.00 and $100.00 = $430.00, plus shipping - less any discount $50.00 if you call Brandon $380.00, plus shipping - around $80.00 -

Total price $460.00 without discount add $50.00 = $510.00

Or the N-Fabs (includes a 5 year warranty on finish and a little step)

$443.80, plus $80.00 N-Fab = $532.80
Avid =$460.00/$510.00

Difference is $72.80 or $22.80 without discount.

My opinion is that the N-Fab is a finished product with a better warranty. The Avid's can save you money on he DIY painting...about $75.00 = I am guessing $25.00 for materials like paint and sandpaper.

My verdict - N-Fabs - Finished product and better (written) warranty.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:29 AM   #54
Civil Servant

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony92629 View Post
I am also looking to buy steps/sliders:

I looked at the Avid and N-Fab. Here are my findings:

While the Avid's are less expensive, they are not painted - I do not want to rattle can them and powder coating runs about $100.00 for both per the local shop. So thats $330.00 and $100.00 = $430.00, plus shipping - less any discount $50.00 if you call Brandon $380.00, plus shipping - around $80.00 -

Total price $460.00 without discount add $50.00 = $510.00

Or the N-Fabs (includes a 5 year warranty on finish and a little step)

$443.80, plus $80.00 N-Fab = $532.80
Avid =$460.00/$510.00

Difference is $72.80 or $22.80 without discount.

My opinion is that the N-Fab is a finished product with a better warranty. The Avid's can save you money on he DIY painting...about $75.00 = I am guessing $25.00 for materials like paint and sandpaper.

My verdict - N-Fabs - Finished product and better (written) warranty.
Not sure where you are getting your NFabs but that is a HORRIBLE price. I picked them up LOCALLY for $300.00 out the door (doublecab black gloss powdercoated)
Old 10-08-2010, 07:39 AM   #55
sthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
sthrnprd116's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyJ33 View Post

These are the 3" N-Fabs with the wrinkle black finish. Absolutely love them. I'm definitely going with the Avid light bar in the near future though
Man, these look awesome! I've been thinking about going with this finish. Where did you end up ordering these from and how much? Thanks!
Old 10-08-2010, 06:19 PM   #56
Geaux Tigers
BradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Brad
BradleyJ33's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sthrnprd116 View Post
Man, these look awesome! I've been thinking about going with this finish. Where did you end up ordering these from and how much? Thanks!
I got mine from performance4trucks.com. I think they were right at $400 including shipping. That was the only place I could find the wrinkle black finish when I was looking.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:12 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post

Holly crap. So step bars are running hundreds over what I am buying Hybrid sliders for in the Relentless GB. I'll stick with sliders.

The step bars look good, but I would never spend so much on steps that aren't good for 4x4 (bottom out, rocker panel damage, no high reach use).
savvy
Old 10-08-2010, 07:35 PM   #58
sthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
sthrnprd116's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyJ33 View Post
I got mine from performance4trucks.com. I think they were right at $400 including shipping. That was the only place I could find the wrinkle black finish when I was looking.
Great! Thanks!
Old 10-09-2010, 02:02 AM   #59
U no kea but AINOFEA!
kauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Nurse
kauaibuilt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaoccifer View Post
Good choice on upgrading wheels!

and...

AUTOPARTSDEALER.COM SENT ME ACCESS CAB STEP BARS

Dood, same thing happened to me!!! Ordered N-fab from 4wheelonline and got the access cab bars. Spoke to Nfab first and got things squared away (2 phone calls and 2 emails - done in about 20min). Then called 4wheelo/l and was told to go online and fill out return request form and they would call me monday since the return dept is closed already.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:10 AM   #60

When I was looking for a set I came across 4wheelonline, but then I also saw they had a lot of mixed reviews (mostly negative) so I just bought from someone else instead.