Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Avid Step Bars vs NFab Step Bars - Picture Request

Old 07-18-2010, 02:45 PM   #1
Civil Servant
floridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
floridaoccifer's Tacoma Gallery
Avid Step Bars vs NFab Step Bars - Picture Request

Well I found 1 thread similar to what I am asking here. I have decided to purchase step rails (drop cut outs) from either AVID or NFab. The ones from NFab are less expensive (free shipping / $310.00 price) and already have a painted finish but AVID is a thicker rail.

I was able to see a set of NFab's installed today on an access cab. From what I could tell they appeared to be sitting further away from the frame/body than I liked.

I am hoping someone has pictures of both types installed on a double cab.

I would like to see how far away from the bottom of the cab they sit (I hope that makes sense).

Hopefully I can make a purchase in the next week...

Thank you in advance for anyone posting!
Old 07-18-2010, 03:46 PM   #2
Dr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to behold

Name: Matt
Dr. Pepper's Tacoma Gallery
Good thread dude.
Old 07-18-2010, 05:47 PM   #4
Civil Servant
floridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infra View Post
Avid step bars on a 2010 double cab

BEAUTIFUL!!

Did you paint or have them painted and what did you use?

Thanks
Old 07-18-2010, 06:02 PM   #6
Civil Servant

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
both cost me $225 to have them sandblasted and then powder coated black wrinkle.

Yeah, I am having a hard time telling the wife I am purchasing an unfinished product as it is for that price and now an additional ~$100 +/-

I will be left outside... I need to come up with other options
Old 07-18-2010, 06:06 PM   #7
buddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 2nd Bomb Wing
buddywh1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Avid step bars on a 2010 double cab
Aside from the finish, the only difference I can tell are my NFab's have platforms on each step. That was the deal-maker for my wife...she hated the idea of stepping on a bar wearing sandals.

Oh...and that wrinkle finish is the perfect look for your truck. On my radiant red SR5 the gloss black powder coat works better; the polished SS would have been even better but they cost a lot more than I wanted to spend.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:28 PM   #8
george3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
george3's Tacoma Gallery
I was writing some unorganized thoughts on this today and was going to organize them and start a thread. Since a thread has been started, here are my unorganized thoughts . - She is 5' nothing. I need steps. Avid Off-Road is a good one with a good price but shipping and powder coat are extra. Auto anything has Smittybilt shipping and powder coat included. “ NFab's have platforms on each step.” Avid Off-Road does not. Some just bolt on. Carr, the frame has to be drilled and bolted. Some are 3" tube some 2" tube. What gauge are they ? Avid Off-Road says there competition is junk from China. Hopefully this thread will help me make up my mind. Thanks for any helpful comments. Curious George.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:35 PM   #9
Civil Servant

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by george3 View Post
Auto anything has Smittybilt shipping and powder coat included.
$296 shipped and powdercoated / 5yr warranty... I think I just made up my mind
Old 07-18-2010, 07:08 PM   #10
speedaddiktion will become famous soon enoughspeedaddiktion will become famous soon enough

Name: Jaime
speedaddiktion's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaoccifer View Post
$296 shipped and powdercoated / 5yr warranty... I think I just made up my mind

FYI smittybuilt is backordered till mid next month. Everyone orders directly through them and i called them since they are local and he said they are backordered. Check with them first.

So i ended up going with N-Fabs and got them for basically the same price
Old 07-18-2010, 08:45 PM   #11
fiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Theresa
fiestee23's Tacoma Gallery

matte black custom color with n-fab to match my rims. I think they sit further away from the frame then to other brand. But I love mine and get compliments.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:55 PM   #12
Tampa OG
streetdriven is a jewel in the roughstreetdriven is a jewel in the roughstreetdriven is a jewel in the roughstreetdriven is a jewel in the rough
Name: Rich
streetdriven's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to streetdriven Send a message via Yahoo to streetdriven
is there any difference from the smittybuilt and the N-Fab?
Old 07-18-2010, 09:09 PM   #13
MASTER CHIEF
STR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Collin
STR8_BEAST's Tacoma Gallery
smittybuilt is a rebranded n-fab
Old 07-18-2010, 09:48 PM   #14
oldsman71442 is just really niceoldsman71442 is just really niceoldsman71442 is just really niceoldsman71442 is just really niceoldsman71442 is just really nice
Coast Guard: AMT
Name: Jeff
oldsman71442's Tacoma Gallery
Just got an Air Intake from these guys and the service was really good... I was a little skeptical buying because i had never heard about them. But They have the bars for 300 and if you enter the Sales Code JULYSAVE10 they take 10 off the price and give you free shipping... good company!!!
http://www.truckcustomizers.com/prod...s.html#options

Jeff
Old 07-22-2010, 05:36 PM   #15
Civil Servant

Law Enforcement:
Well I found some GoRhino Dominator II step bars on sale at AutoPartsDealer.com for $310 shipped and pulled the trigger. The shipping date is posted as 07/26 and you can be sure pictures will follow delivery.

Thanks for all the information...
Old 07-22-2010, 07:31 PM   #16
Dr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to behold

Name: Matt
Dr. Pepper's Tacoma Gallery
Just looked them up...they look pretty good man. Good find. Def get some pics up when you get em installed!
Old 07-27-2010, 06:08 AM   #17
Civil Servant

Law Enforcement:
Fedex out for delivery!!!!!!
Old 07-27-2010, 06:52 AM   #18
bdwsrjoe is a splendid one to beholdbdwsrjoe is a splendid one to beholdbdwsrjoe is a splendid one to beholdbdwsrjoe is a splendid one to beholdbdwsrjoe is a splendid one to beholdbdwsrjoe is a splendid one to beholdbdwsrjoe is a splendid one to behold

Name: Joe
bdwsrjoe's Tacoma Gallery
I went with N-Fab's. C'mon they come powdercoated already.

Muddy N-Fab's

Clean N-Fab's
Old 07-27-2010, 06:56 AM   #19
Civil Servant

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdwsrjoe View Post
I went with N-Fab's. C'mon they come powdercoated already.

Muddy N-Fab's

Clean N-Fab's

Man those look great on that truck... Love the rims too