Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Passenger Side -Auto Down Window Switch

Old 07-20-2010, 09:10 PM   #21
blisters
dubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dubbedSinner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by montgomery_30824 View Post
Just don't push the switch all the way down. Then the window won't go all the way down.
exactly haha
Old 07-20-2010, 10:15 PM   #22
montgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53E Avionics Tech
Name: Lee
montgomery_30824's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to montgomery_30824
My wires CR-V has a similar panel for the windows and her driver window has the auto up/down feature but i haven't taken the panel out to see how much missing it would take to get it to werk in the taco.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:44 PM   #23
maju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Retired
maju's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by montgomery_30824 View Post
Just don't push the switch all the way down. Then the window won't go all the way down.
Well I looked at a friends 09 taco and his has a click like feel to it when pushed down to activated the all down, mine does not. We compared the two and mine deffinatly does not feel the same when you press the switch and it funtions differanlty.

well at least i know what its supposed to feel like gonna call the dealership and try to get this fixed and also get the rear end TSB.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:46 PM   #24
doakes is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Civil Engineer
doakes's Tacoma Gallery
Something happened to my switches, the right rear will only work if you use both the rear and driver's switch at the same time.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:56 PM   #25
NicP has much to be proud ofNicP has much to be proud ofNicP has much to be proud ofNicP has much to be proud ofNicP has much to be proud ofNicP has much to be proud ofNicP has much to be proud ofNicP has much to be proud of
Name: Nic
NicP's Tacoma Gallery
CtTaco Would you do a write up? We'd love to see one!!
Old 07-21-2010, 09:01 PM   #26
montgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53E Avionics Tech
Name: Lee
montgomery_30824's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to montgomery_30824
Mine def has a click feel to it for the auto down. May have a faulty switch.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:27 PM   #28
yo quero taco's?
sb_mech22 will become famous soon enough
sb_mech22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
My GF has a 2010 4runner and all the doors and rear window are auto up and down. Wonder if we could just use that drivers switch and swap it with ours? Just a thought, I haven't even looked at her switches that closely.
might work....its in the circuit board, im pretty sure
surely worth the investigation though
Old 07-21-2010, 09:44 PM   #29
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My GF has a 2010 4runner and all the doors and rear window are auto up and down. Wonder if we could just use that drivers switch and swap it with ours? Just a thought, I haven't even looked at her switches that closely.
I pick you to be the tester. Now, get to work.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:46 PM   #30
CtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
CtTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a lot of ideas involving the window modules that I plan on sharing in my write up. Hopefully this weekend I'll find some time to get the panel pulled and play around in there, Im thinking its possible to control window modules with the factory keyless remote for up and possibly from the drivers key cylinder for up and down operation. I just gotta find some time...It's comin, I promise!!
Old 07-25-2010, 06:11 AM   #32
spyshot is on a distinguished road
spyshot's Tacoma Gallery
i was just wondering about this auto switch thing on the way home from work last night on my access cab. this is a common complaint of mine. why not make all windows auto up and auto down...on all vehicles. my pacifica has auto down on all windows and i love it!

anxiously awaiting to see the write-up. THanks CtTaco!
Old 07-29-2010, 10:40 AM   #34
stewartad1 has a spectacular aura aboutstewartad1 has a spectacular aura about
stewartad1's Tacoma Gallery
So, 1 module in the drivers door, allows the 1-touch up/down for 2 windows, say it is the drivers and passengers windows, does the passenger door switch now do the 1-touch up/down?

Would love to hear more about the tie modules into the door lock button, so when you get out and lock the doors, the windows roll up.

Looking forward to seeing the write up.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:03 AM   #35
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
Lol I would love to but she would kill me. However I will look more into this.

She has to sleep sometime .... I'm just saying.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:33 AM   #37
originalthoughts is on a distinguished road
originalthoughts's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtTaco View Post
I've got a lot of ideas involving the window modules that I plan on sharing in my write up. Hopefully this weekend I'll find some time to get the panel pulled and play around in there, Im thinking its possible to control window modules with the factory keyless remote for up and possibly from the drivers key cylinder for up and down operation. I just gotta find some time...It's comin, I promise!!
Any update on this? I'm really interested in seeing how this goes.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:40 AM   #38
stewartad1 has a spectacular aura aboutstewartad1 has a spectacular aura about
stewartad1's Tacoma Gallery
Same here.