Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Passenger Side -Auto Down Window Switch

Old 09-08-2010, 11:49 AM   #41
Trog2233 is on a distinguished road
Trog2233's Tacoma Gallery
I recently added the 530T in my truck but if i get some time I can pull the door panel off and do a quick write up on how i did it. Auto up and down works great and I had to have it cause my old scion had it and I got used to it.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:09 PM   #42
spyshot is on a distinguished road
spyshot's Tacoma Gallery
anxiously awaiting. thanks in advance.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:14 PM   #43
iSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
iSTIZO99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trog2233 View Post
I recently added the 530T in my truck but if i get some time I can pull the door panel off and do a quick write up on how i did it. Auto up and down works great and I had to have it cause my old scion had it and I got used to it.
looking forward to hearing about this.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:11 PM   #44
originalthoughts is on a distinguished road
originalthoughts's Tacoma Gallery
Update? Pics? Write up? Anything?
Old 09-22-2010, 02:24 PM   #45
got_titan is just really nicegot_titan is just really nicegot_titan is just really nicegot_titan is just really nice
got_titan's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed, I recently went to a local installer and they told me the auto up modules would not work in my truck. The shop is very knowledgeable and has been on business a very long time....hopefully we can make something work
Old 02-03-2013, 07:14 PM   #46
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone think of the Lexus Rx350 2007 2008 2009 Master Controls Door Window Switch Left Front Silver

http://shop.justparts.com/ComparePri...f12%2fSwitches

Looks like if we removed the silver and dropped our molding on it... Or took the board and switches.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:05 AM   #47
montgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53E Avionics Tech
Name: Lee
montgomery_30824's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to montgomery_30824
holy crap!! $300 for a switch panel, no thanks.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:08 AM   #48
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Not saying buy from them... But ebay? Junk yard/? Just wanted to see IF it could be done with OEM Toyota stuff from other Toyota's/ Lexus. Bu the looks of it, it can be.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:24 AM   #49
montgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53E Avionics Tech
Name: Lee
montgomery_30824's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to montgomery_30824
got ya, ebay has same prices tho. wonder if there are any local junk yards?
Old 02-04-2013, 08:13 AM   #50
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
See if theres a U-Pull-It type place, stroll the lot and see what you come up with.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:01 AM   #51
nashi is on a distinguished road
nashi's Tacoma Gallery
I've been wondering if the Power Windows control on a '12 Prius would work in the Tacoma, mainly because all four windows have auto up and down on all of the controls. It's horribly convenient. One of these days I'll need to find out if they can work or not.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:05 PM   #52
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
As long as the layout is the same, worst case is you need the connector for the wiring harness and then you cut n splice.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:16 PM   #53
dibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant future
Air Force:
dibble9012's Tacoma Gallery
I went the DEI route when I first purchased the truck. Auto up AND down is a very convenient feature when you figure in having to cycle the window at least once if not twice a day for base / apartment security. This is hilarious though, what on earth did people do before power windows? I mounted the two DEI units under the center console / cupholders. Central location and plenty of room.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:22 PM   #54
CIAGDDS is a jewel in the roughCIAGDDS is a jewel in the roughCIAGDDS is a jewel in the roughCIAGDDS is a jewel in the rough
CIAGDDS's Tacoma Gallery
I have the DEI 530T also. It works great and was pretty easy to install.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:23 PM   #55
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
I have the DEI Modules ( 2 of them), didn't install them yet, but have them. FOr years in fact! I always drive with them all the way down or up, cant place a finger on a time when I have had them in a different position.

I find it more concerning that we ask the manufacturers for something, and it is put on the back burner.

When will they build and sell the vehicles with the specific convenience features we want? Especially if the features are already in the Brand.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:25 PM   #56
CIAGDDS is a jewel in the roughCIAGDDS is a jewel in the roughCIAGDDS is a jewel in the roughCIAGDDS is a jewel in the rough
CIAGDDS's Tacoma Gallery
Here is the write up on it:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...h-windows.html
Old 02-04-2013, 07:30 PM   #57
sexual ninja
barker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
barker14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
I have the DEI Modules ( 2 of them), didn't install them yet, but have them. FOr years in fact! I always drive with them all the way down or up, cant place a finger on a time when I have had them in a different position.

I find it more concerning that we ask the manufacturers for something, and it is put on the back burner.

When will they build and sell the vehicles with the specific convenience features we want? Especially if the features are already in the Brand.
I would say you should install the DEI modules. I have one (access cab) in my truck and its probably my favorite mod. I also have it wired into my alarm so that I can roll the windows down or crack them just a bit from inside to let the truck cool down in the summer. And it automatically rolls up my windows when you lock the truck.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:36 PM   #58
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
My kids would really get a kick out of this mod..
Awesome.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:38 PM   #59
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
My thoughts on the DEI modules when I got them. I wanted to build an add a circuit. It would be for a temp warning and auto crack the windows at certain temps. I was hoping the VIPER/ DEI systems would have something similar built in, but wasn't a feature available as of 3 years ago from them.

Each of their "brains" have a vehicle temp module on it. I was trying to use the onboard temp with the module and couldnt find an output from the temp to do anything. Unless I used the Bitwriter port.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:30 PM   #60
dibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant future
Air Force:
dibble9012's Tacoma Gallery
Look up "autowindow" on google