1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Passenger Side -Auto Down Window Switch

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mach1man001, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Mar 10, 2013 at 9:57 PM
    skygear

skygear                    

Member:
    The switches are the key to the auto up and down. Once you have it swapped, it should work flawlessly.

snap a high res photo of the 2 boards together (front and back) and I'll point out the differences if you cant tell the differences.

2. Mar 10, 2013 at 11:23 PM
    Deester4x4jr

Deester4x4jr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Erie, CO
    Vehicle:
    '17 DCSB TRD Off-Road 4x4
    Ill send one tomorrow. I can Definitely tell the major differences... They're drastically different in design. Even the mechanisms for the buttons are worlds apart. But yea learning the minute differences would be good.

3. Mar 10, 2013 at 11:29 PM
    Deester4x4jr

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Erie, CO
    Vehicle:
    Also, I think the hardest part now is going to be the connector and the wiring. The connectors are completely different. Can anyone look at those wiring diagrams and discern a pinout?

4. Mar 14, 2013 at 11:38 AM
    ROGU3 PR3DATOR

ROGU3 PR3DATOR Space Shuttle Door Gunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Alamogordo, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    MGM 2011 TRD Off-Road
    Lifted, Supercharged, Armored, and lots more
    This thing still alive?

5. Mar 14, 2013 at 11:48 AM
    Rizzy

Rizzy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    "Midnight Taco"
    Bilstein 5100's up front, black bull bar, black tube steps.
    Hope so. Would be nice to know if it could be a simple swap of the panel. Even though I could do this with DEI 530t's, but a lot more wiring is involved.

6. Mar 14, 2013 at 12:06 PM
    ROGU3 PR3DATOR

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Alamogordo, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    MGM 2011 TRD Off-Road
    My thoughts exactly. Although with the 530's I could get the windows to go up and down via the key fob... Guess I will wait and see how this turns out.:popcorn:

7. Mar 14, 2013 at 12:41 PM
    mach1man001

mach1man001 [OP] eh whatever

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
    Sill working on it. At least talking about it.

8. Mar 14, 2013 at 3:27 PM
    Rizzy

Rizzy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    "Midnight Taco"
    Bilstein 5100's up front, black bull bar, black tube steps.
    I've had the 530t's in 3 other previous cars, and love them. Especially when connected to an aftermarket alarm there is a lot of functionality. I really like when I arm the system the windows will automatically close if they're down. I plan on installing a Viper SmartStart system soon, so will probably end up doing the 530t's, but curious to see if a simple swap of the door panel is even possible since it's done on other Toyota models.

9. Mar 14, 2013 at 4:49 PM
    mach1man001

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
    Well I had a '04 ES300 PWS (power winow switch) that I tried today. That has both front's with the auto down but the switch's were different and plug was not even close. I also looked at a newer RX 330 but the window lock was a rectangular shape not square like ours.
    Oh well keep looking.

10. Mar 14, 2013 at 4:54 PM
    CtTaco

CtTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 Doublecab Sport Longbed Supercharged
    3" lift, Tundra wheels with BFG ATKO's, Viper Remote starter TRD Supercharger
    I think if we match the corresponding wires from the taco to the prius switch outputs , you would end up with a working setup. I just haven't had a chance to look up the wiring stuff on a comp. they should both be the same style of window system. You will probably need the wiring plug with 6inches or so of wire from the Prius switch to splice into the taco wiring to make things work.

11. Mar 15, 2013 at 7:16 AM
    Deester4x4jr

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Erie, CO
    Vehicle:
    Yea I was thinking of hitting a pick n pull this weekend to see if I could find a Prius to jack cables from. If not, I might hit up a local dealer and see if I can bribe some connectors out of a service guy. :)

12. Mar 15, 2013 at 10:05 AM
    mach1man001

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    I'm still looking for a more plug and play option. The Prius and Camry with the all window down feature look totally different. How about some different years of the 4Runner?

13. Mar 16, 2013 at 4:17 AM
    CtTaco

CtTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    You may be able to get away with ordering only the connector from the dealer and removing pins one by one from the taco connector ( assuming they are the same pins which is likely) and inserting them into the Prius connector. ( this would be the best method by far in case something catastrophic goes wrong and you burn something out as you are not cutting any wires and could return everything to stock configuration to pay a visit to your dealer if under warranty)

14. Mar 16, 2013 at 4:25 AM
    RI Tacoma

RI Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Phx sometime soon
    Vehicle:
    2011 Sport DCLB
    OME 885's, Derped FJ TRD Wheels, Hankook Dynapro's ATM 265/75/16's, Retro's, WeatherTech Liners, Fog Light Mod, Bak Flip F-1, N-Fab Steps, 20% Tint, complete stereo, heated mirrors, Katzkin seats!!
    Sub'd, Id like to have this option if the details can get worked out

15. Mar 16, 2013 at 4:35 AM
    anarion55

anarion55 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    S. Florida
    Vehicle:
    2013 PreRunner SR5
    ImMrYo's Mirror Mod, Stereo Upgrade - Power Pro 60x4 Amp/Kicker powered 8" sub/Pioneer component speakers, PassPort 8500 Radar Detector, Locking Bed Storage Cubbies, Onboard air system - Viair 450C compressor/16 gal. PVC tank/15 & 16" horns, quick-d/c air chuck in bed cubby 24" LED light Bar (mounted to skidplate)A Headlights, foglights interior lights and backup lights all converted to LED (HUGE difference)
    So, no one has yet determined if the circuitry is on the switch PCB, or somewhere else? Our other car is a VW Passat (company lease car), and having auto-up/down on both front windows is a really nice feature; I've gotten a little spoiled by having it there.

16. Mar 16, 2013 at 8:31 AM
    Deester4x4jr

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Erie, CO
    Vehicle:
    The pins are definitely different. Much larger on the taco. Tiny pins on the Prius. I see now choice but to cut and solder/crimp. Although i could just use a bunch of splices to preserve the original cabling... hmmmmmm...

Sometimes you gotta jump in head first. :) ill let you guys know how far I get tomorrow.

17. Mar 17, 2013 at 5:15 AM
    CtTaco

CtTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    In that case, try to get longer tails with the Prius plug and make temp splices farther away from the oem plug (Dont cut the wiring or solder anything at first, leave the oem plug and wiring intact, just strip back the insulation on the oem wires to male temp connections and twist the new wires in while the oem switch is unplugged) if you unwrap the tape off the factory harness farther up stream, if something goes wrong, you will be able to hide your splice sites by rewrapping the harness like the factory had it... Keep us posted, this is good stuff!

18. Mar 23, 2013 at 8:22 AM
    CtTaco

CtTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    Any update on your progress?

19. Mar 23, 2013 at 8:44 AM
    mach1man001

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Well, I wouldn't even consider doing a camry or prius (of the years I have seen) because they are way different looking. I want to unplug a master switch and plug in a replacement one. I saw an '02 4runner basic model the swich was about the same size but it only had the drivers side auto down like ours. Not sure if a limited has more auto down windows or not. No forward progress so far, stricking out left and right.

20. Mar 29, 2013 at 10:55 AM
    ROGU3 PR3DATOR

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Alamogordo, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    MGM 2011 TRD Off-Road
    Any chance you can pull a part number off of the connectors for the main switch on the Taco and the Prius or whatever the donor vehicle is? I might have an idea on making a plug and play option if I can find the right connectors and appropriate terminals. Similar to a wire harness adapter for an after market head unit. If I could get the numbers for both male and female conectors of each vehicle that might help too. Thanks.

Products Discussed in

To Top