Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Passenger Side -Auto Down Window Switch

Old 04-03-2013, 07:16 PM   #101
Dance Party Guru
Drakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to behold

Drakivnsf's Tacoma Gallery
I think I am going to start looking into this and messing around with the prius master switch. I don't mind messing with rewiring the pins, I will look into it and post progress by next month since I will be on vacation half this month.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:47 PM   #102
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd! Would like to see if this works.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:16 PM   #103
MaxQ is on a distinguished road
MaxQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
Sub'd! Would like to see if this works.
What he said!
Old 04-03-2013, 08:32 PM   #104
Deester4x4jr is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
Deester4x4jr's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been too active on here. In the middle of a move.

After looking into this extensively one weekend (which involved my buddy bringing his prius over and tearing the door off) this seems a lot more complicated than we have it credit for.

Our trucks, bless their hearts, are very simple. The auto up/down on the driver side is handled in the circuitry, and all of the other windows communicate directly with their window motor regulators, which have an up and down terminal. On the Prius, it's totally different. On the Prius they got fancy.

The Prius uses the main ecu to handle communication between the doors. Each window motor has an auto terminal, up, down, LIN. My best guess is that LIN is a pin to tell the ecu what window it is. The ecu handles comms between the switches, so when the driver wants to roll down the rear passenger window it sends a signal to the ecu which the. Tells the rear passenger window what to do. On our trucks, each window switch also has a home run back to the master, which allows it to control those windows.

Long story short, without replacing the window motors, regulators, and ecu, this isn't going to work with stock switches. I'm going to keep looking, but at Tha point I think it will be elsewhere.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:30 PM   #105
Rizzy has a spectacular aura aboutRizzy has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jeff
Rizzy's Tacoma Gallery
530T it is then...
Old 04-04-2013, 07:25 AM   #107
Deester4x4jr is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
Deester4x4jr's Tacoma Gallery
lol yea that would seem the case. Although I'm still determined to get the auto up/down switches.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:54 PM   #108
EdinAthens is one of the sharper tools in the shedEdinAthens is one of the sharper tools in the shedEdinAthens is one of the sharper tools in the shedEdinAthens is one of the sharper tools in the shedEdinAthens is one of the sharper tools in the shedEdinAthens is one of the sharper tools in the shedEdinAthens is one of the sharper tools in the shedEdinAthens is one of the sharper tools in the shedEdinAthens is one of the sharper tools in the shedEdinAthens is one of the sharper tools in the shedEdinAthens is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
EdinAthens's Tacoma Gallery
I think the driver's master switch is the same layout as the 5th Gen 4Runner. it has all auto up and down (just traded my 2010 Trail in for my Tacoma).

Here is the master switch part number 84040-35050

Been watching ebay for a deal. Guess I could buy one and if it doesnt work, sell on eBay. online price is around $330.00
Old 04-29-2013, 05:32 PM   #109
jimmybee1108 will become famous soon enough
Name: JM
jimmybee1108's Tacoma Gallery
So I wanna do this. But I can't find any new 530t anywhere. Its now 529 and from what I understand it only does one.
Over on sonicelectronix I saw a module that did all four windows auto down, or two auto up, and had a temp sensor to auto frwck the windows at certain temp.

But I forgot the name and brand.