1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Passenger Side -Auto Down Window Switch

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mach1man001, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Jul 18, 2010 at 6:40 PM
    mach1man001

mach1man001 [OP] eh whatever

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
    Does anybody know if you can add an auto down window switch to the drivers and passenger door for the passenger side?

2. Jul 18, 2010 at 6:46 PM
    2010SWB

2010SWB Active Member

Member:
    I had the same idea too. I was going to buy another driver side switch and put it on the passenger side.

3. Jul 18, 2010 at 7:23 PM
    dubbedSinner

dubbedSinner blisters

Member:
    Lowered 3/4, debadged, led tails, projector headlights with hids, billet grill, blacked out windows, painted front and rear bumper and grill shell. Inside, 4 crappy 15's, suede wrapped headliner and door panel inserts, alpine double din, few painted pieces inside, and every led is either blue or white.
    i would like to know this also, it doesnt seem like it would be too hard to do as long as the wiring isnt that different

4. Jul 18, 2010 at 7:30 PM
    CtTaco

CtTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 Doublecab Sport Longbed Supercharged
    3" lift, Tundra wheels with BFG ATKO's, Viper Remote starter TRD Supercharger
    install a 530T window automation module from DEI. you'll need 2 for a double cab. PM me if you need any wiring help. I have auto up and down on my doublecab now for all 4 windows. works great

mojojojo78 and Norton like this.
  5. Jul 18, 2010 at 7:34 PM
    dubbedSinner

dubbedSinner blisters

Member:
    Lowered 3/4, debadged, led tails, projector headlights with hids, billet grill, blacked out windows, painted front and rear bumper and grill shell. Inside, 4 crappy 15's, suede wrapped headliner and door panel inserts, alpine double din, few painted pieces inside, and every led is either blue or white.
    a little more pricey than i was hoping, $47.50 new on ebay. how hard is it to wire up cttaco?

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  6. Jul 18, 2010 at 7:39 PM
    flightcancled

flightcancled Addicted

Member:
    Syracuse NY/ Nantucket MA
    Camper top with racks, Custom fogs behind lower bumper. Interior LED lighting, Rock Lights, Hella 500s with upraged bulbs behind black billet grill, AAL, Front 5100s
    Is it the switch or the programming? I think the only difference would be the marking on the switch.

That is unless you find a replacement switch from the same manufacturer which isn't momentary, but regular On/Off/On.

7. Jul 18, 2010 at 10:56 PM
    mach1man001

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
    I was wondering if it can be done with a simple switch change? Anybody that has taken a door panel off before ever take a look at this? Is the control built into the switch? Is it a plug and play? I know about the DEI unit but I was hoping to just keep it simple.

8. Jul 19, 2010 at 4:13 PM
    mach1man001

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Looking around on-line it looks like they sell the drivers side as a complete set with all 4 switch's on a board (for dbl cab). None of the one's I saw had it with the auto down feature on the pass/rear switches. :(

N-C.nebulosus likes this.
  9. Jul 19, 2010 at 4:30 PM
    CtTaco

CtTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    Nope, No auto on the passenger switches on a doublecab :(
    I could put together a writeup for sure... Both modules fit inside the drivers door with no problem. The only wires you need to run inside for are constant power and the up/ down triggers if you were gonna connect to an alarm system to control up and down. It'll have to wait till the end of the week when I get a new battery for my camera since nobody likes crappy cameraphone pics :D

Also if anyone needs remote starter/alarm wiring info, send me a PM and I'll help you out...

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  10. Jul 19, 2010 at 6:11 PM
    NelsonTacoma

NelsonTacoma This is my derpawayinator!!!!!

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Sport 03 4Runner Limited 4wd
    Bilstein 5100's , 6000k HID Hi/Low Kit, Magnaflow Muffler, 1.5 inch AP Wheel Spacers, Mudflap Delete
    I've thought about doing this too. I believe that the auto is built into the switch. And I think that many Lexus vehicles have auto down on the passenger side. So if anyone comes across some Lexus passenger switches (me included) should try swapping them in and see what happens.

I've also thought about getting the auto up function thingy too, my wifes 4Runner has it and the switch configuration looks the same, one of these days I need to try swapping out the switches and see if it works. If it does I'll post some info on it.

11. Jul 19, 2010 at 6:23 PM
    montgomery_30824

montgomery_30824 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Guyton, Ga
    Vehicle:
    '06 prerunner 4dr
    K & N airfilter, custom built 10" sub boxes, pioneer head, mag-lite mod, Blue LED dash lights, custom painted engine cover, mud flap removal mod, alarm/remote start installed,
    Would def love to see a write up about the auto up/down for all 4 windows. I have an alarm now with the capability of doing it just need to get the modules.

12. Jul 19, 2010 at 6:53 PM
    Diablo

Diablo Well-Known Member

Member:
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD
    I would defiantly be interested in a write up.

13. Jul 19, 2010 at 7:00 PM
    My68ur8trd

My68ur8trd Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Williamsburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD OR Dcab 4x4
    URD Catback | TRD CAI | TRD S/C | APR X-1 | DTLT | APR 2.85" Pulley |Fabtech 6" | Icon C/O | Alcan Leafs | 33 Grabber AT2 | 17" XD Addicts

just a little insight from personal experience.

I would get the modules out of the the door.

I had this module on my 99 Tacoma with a Viper alarm. water got in the door one time in the rain, and I came to my truck with both windows down in the pooring rain:(

then that winter, it snowed, and I came out to an inch of snow in my drivers seat.

the box shorts in the rain and put the windows down.

moved the module inside the truck and never had that problem again

other than that, its a cool mod

another nice thing about that module, is that it can be wired to put the windows up on the lock command. so you get out of the truck with all 4 down, walk away, and lock it and they all go up. Like the batmobile :)

and you can crack them from the remote, press the button to crack them, hold it down to put them down

Justin

14. Jul 19, 2010 at 7:06 PM
    Sidehack

Sidehack Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Simi Valley
    Vehicle:
    07 DC Long Bed Sport
    Black Westin Oval Step Bar, Blacked out tail lights, ScanGuageII
    I would be interested in this. I got so used to my Lexus windows, I really miss it in my truck

15. Jul 19, 2010 at 8:18 PM
    CtTaco

CtTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    Thanks bud! This is true if you put the module in an area where it is exposed to the water in the door.

I've been installing for over 15 years, trust me when I tell you I've seen it all :) Installing them in the doors is fine as long as you do it the right way and keep them protected and out of the water's way inside the plastic sheeting...

16. Jul 20, 2010 at 6:07 PM
    maju

maju Well-Known Member

Member:
    Davenport Fl
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Silver TRD Sport 4x4
    Undercover tonneau, Scangauge II, Garmin GPS, Michelin LTX M/S2
    Auto down passenger window, why oh why???

I really dislike the way the auto down drivers window works. My last truck if I want it to open the window all the way I had to hold the button for about half a second, if I did a quick push and release it stopped.

I know that if I do a quick push and the pull the switch it overrides the auto down. but I find that when it is raining and I just want to just open the window inch and let the window shields block the rain but let in fresh air, about half the time the windows go down to much and the rain gets in.

Its a silly complaint I know but its one of the few things that kind of bug me about the truck.

17. Jul 20, 2010 at 6:27 PM
    dubbedSinner

dubbedSinner blisters

Member:
    maybe try hitting the switch right then that wont happen?

18. Jul 20, 2010 at 7:24 PM
    montgomery_30824

montgomery_30824 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Guyton, Ga
    Vehicle:
    '06 prerunner 4dr
    K & N airfilter, custom built 10" sub boxes, pioneer head, mag-lite mod, Blue LED dash lights, custom painted engine cover, mud flap removal mod, alarm/remote start installed,
    Just don't push the switch all the way down. Then the window won't go all the way down.

19. Jul 20, 2010 at 7:55 PM
    got_titan

got_titan Well-Known Member

Member:
    sevierville, tn
    Vehicle:
    2010 trd sport dc 4x4
    subscribing...

20. Jul 20, 2010 at 8:10 PM
    dubbedSinner

dubbedSinner blisters

Member:
    exactly haha

Products Discussed in

To Top