Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Passenger Side -Auto Down Window Switch

Old 07-18-2010, 06:46 PM   #2
2010SWB is on a distinguished road
2010SWB's Tacoma Gallery
I had the same idea too. I was going to buy another driver side switch and put it on the passenger side.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:23 PM   #3
blisters
dubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dubbedSinner's Tacoma Gallery
i would like to know this also, it doesnt seem like it would be too hard to do as long as the wiring isnt that different
Old 07-18-2010, 07:30 PM   #4
CtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
CtTaco's Tacoma Gallery
install a 530T window automation module from DEI. you'll need 2 for a double cab. PM me if you need any wiring help. I have auto up and down on my doublecab now for all 4 windows. works great
Old 07-18-2010, 07:34 PM   #5
blisters
dubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

a little more pricey than i was hoping, $47.50 new on ebay. how hard is it to wire up cttaco?
Old 07-18-2010, 07:39 PM   #6
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flightcancled's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SWB View Post
I had the same idea too. I was going to buy another driver side switch and put it on the passenger side.
Is it the switch or the programming? I think the only difference would be the marking on the switch.

That is unless you find a replacement switch from the same manufacturer which isn't momentary, but regular On/Off/On.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:30 PM   #9
CtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CtTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Nope, No auto on the passenger switches on a doublecab
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbedSinner View Post
a little more pricey than i was hoping, $47.50 new on ebay. how hard is it to wire up cttaco?
I could put together a writeup for sure... Both modules fit inside the drivers door with no problem. The only wires you need to run inside for are constant power and the up/ down triggers if you were gonna connect to an alarm system to control up and down. It'll have to wait till the end of the week when I get a new battery for my camera since nobody likes crappy cameraphone pics

Also if anyone needs remote starter/alarm wiring info, send me a PM and I'll help you out...
Old 07-19-2010, 06:11 PM   #10
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I've thought about doing this too. I believe that the auto is built into the switch. And I think that many Lexus vehicles have auto down on the passenger side. So if anyone comes across some Lexus passenger switches (me included) should try swapping them in and see what happens.

I've also thought about getting the auto up function thingy too, my wifes 4Runner has it and the switch configuration looks the same, one of these days I need to try swapping out the switches and see if it works. If it does I'll post some info on it.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:23 PM   #11
montgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53E Avionics Tech
Name: Lee
montgomery_30824's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to montgomery_30824
Would def love to see a write up about the auto up/down for all 4 windows. I have an alarm now with the capability of doing it just need to get the modules.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:53 PM   #12
Diablo is on a distinguished road

Diablo's Tacoma Gallery
I would defiantly be interested in a write up.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:00 PM   #13
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtTaco View Post
Nope, No auto on the passenger switches on a doublecab

I could put together a writeup for sure... Both modules fit inside the drivers door with no problem. The only wires you need to run inside for are constant power and the up/ down triggers if you were gonna connect to an alarm system to control up and down. It'll have to wait till the end of the week when I get a new battery for my camera since nobody likes crappy cameraphone pics

Also if anyone needs remote starter/alarm wiring info, send me a PM and I'll help you out...

just a little insight from personal experience.

I would get the modules out of the the door.

I had this module on my 99 Tacoma with a Viper alarm. water got in the door one time in the rain, and I came to my truck with both windows down in the pooring rain

then that winter, it snowed, and I came out to an inch of snow in my drivers seat.

the box shorts in the rain and put the windows down.

moved the module inside the truck and never had that problem again

other than that, its a cool mod

another nice thing about that module, is that it can be wired to put the windows up on the lock command. so you get out of the truck with all 4 down, walk away, and lock it and they all go up. Like the batmobile

and you can crack them from the remote, press the button to crack them, hold it down to put them down

Justin
Old 07-19-2010, 07:06 PM   #14
Sidehack is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Name: Chuck
Sidehack's Tacoma Gallery
I would be interested in this. I got so used to my Lexus windows, I really miss it in my truck
Old 07-19-2010, 08:18 PM   #15

CtTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by My68ur8trd View Post
just a little insight from personal experience.

I would get the modules out of the the door.

I had this module on my 99 Tacoma with a Viper alarm. water got in the door one time in the rain, and I came to my truck with both windows down in the pooring rain

then that winter, it snowed, and I came out to an inch of snow in my drivers seat.

the box shorts in the rain and put the windows down.

moved the module inside the truck and never had that problem again

other than that, its a cool mod

another nice thing about that module, is that it can be wired to put the windows up on the lock command. so you get out of the truck with all 4 down, walk away, and lock it and they all go up. Like the batmobile

and you can crack them from the remote, press the button to crack them, hold it down to put them down

Justin
Thanks bud! This is true if you put the module in an area where it is exposed to the water in the door.

I've been installing for over 15 years, trust me when I tell you I've seen it all Installing them in the doors is fine as long as you do it the right way and keep them protected and out of the water's way inside the plastic sheeting...
Old 07-20-2010, 06:07 PM   #16
maju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Retired
maju's Tacoma Gallery
Auto down passenger window, why oh why???

I really dislike the way the auto down drivers window works. My last truck if I want it to open the window all the way I had to hold the button for about half a second, if I did a quick push and release it stopped.

I know that if I do a quick push and the pull the switch it overrides the auto down. but I find that when it is raining and I just want to just open the window inch and let the window shields block the rain but let in fresh air, about half the time the windows go down to much and the rain gets in.

Its a silly complaint I know but its one of the few things that kind of bug me about the truck.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:27 PM   #17
blisters

maybe try hitting the switch right then that wont happen?
Old 07-20-2010, 07:24 PM   #18
montgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53E Avionics Tech
Name: Lee
montgomery_30824's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to montgomery_30824
Just don't push the switch all the way down. Then the window won't go all the way down.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:55 PM   #19
got_titan is just really nicegot_titan is just really nicegot_titan is just really nicegot_titan is just really nice
got_titan's Tacoma Gallery
subscribing...
Old 07-20-2010, 08:10 PM   #20
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
I don't care about the passenger side but I would like Auto Up function on the driver's window. Basically this has been discussed before and it is a matter of someone having the balls to get a switch out of another Toyota vehicle and/or spending the time to get to know the parts department dude.