Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Blue Sea Fuse Block Install

Old 07-18-2010, 07:25 PM   #1
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
Blue Sea Fuse Block Install

With inspiration from toobluetacoma06 I installed my Blue Sea Fuse Block, Circuit Breaker and Amp Fuse Holder onto a custom built mounting plate. I went a little different route then him but it's pretty much the same thing.

With the Blue Sea Fuse Block you can connect all of your accesories that you may have added (HID Lights, Driving Lights, Bed Lights, Underhood lights, Rock lights) to your truck without directly running them to your battery creating a mess of wires!

Items Needed:
- (1) 6" x 10" (16ga) sheet of steel
- (1) 10" piece of right angle steel
- Blue Sea Fuse Holder
- Blue Wave Circuit Breaker (something similar)
- Tsunami Fuse Holder w/Voltage Meter (or something similar)
- About 5' of 4ga wire
- About 1' of 1/2" shrink tubing (I used red and black)
- Gold Rings for connecting 4ga wire
- Not needed but I also used TechFlex to cover the 4ga wire

I didn't take any pictures of the prepping the mounting plate but it is very simple to do...

You may need to cut the sheet metal to a 6" x 10" piece. Then you will also need to cut a 2" square notch in one of the corners so that when you mount it to the fender well you will still have access to the OEM Fuse Block.

I then riveted the right angle steel onto the sheet metal creating a tray that can now be mounted to the side of the fender.

Then mock up where you are going to place the items and then drill holes. Prep then paint and ready to intall. I used a rustoleum textured paint because it matches other items on my truck that I have used the same paint on.

The wiring is very simple to do. From the Blue Sea Fuse Block there will be 1 positive wire to the circuit breaker. From the circuit breaker you connect directly to the battery. Then the ground wire coming off the Blue Sea Fuse Block will also go straight to the negative post of the battery.

All of your accessories will then be connected directly to the Fuse Block also including the grounds if needed.

I am know I am missing a few things about prepping and running wire. All I can recommend is to take your time. Make sure all of the wires you make are clean and properly soldered or crimped. I am very meticulous on this but it's the attention to detail that really stands out for a clean and factory looking install.

A few misc pics..

Attention to detail!
Old 07-18-2010, 07:26 PM   #2
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

If you haven't heard of TechFlex before, check it out! It's basically an expandable sleeving to cover up wires. It's really a good product that will make your installation look clean!

Where to buy it: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=082-336

or you can get it on ebay for a little cheaper.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:32 PM   #4
Sapper26 is on a distinguished road

Army: Combat Engineer...Essayons!!
Name: Will
Sapper26's Tacoma Gallery
Thats a really nice setup. Good job on the wiring too. Looks really clean. I guess I will have something to do next weekend now.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadmb2003 View Post
Great write-up!

Just out of curiosity, how much would this set-up cost?
Thanks for the comments!

I purchased all of the parts from a few different places.

I purchased the Blue Sea Fuse Block from a local boat dealer for $30.00

The Blue Wave Circuit Breaker was purchased from a local car audio dealer for $10.00 and the 4ga wiring was also purchased from the car audio dealer for about $5.00

The Tsunami Fuse Holder w/Volt Meter I got thru TacoTunes but you can get it for about $25.00 on ebay.

TechFlex is about $12.00 for a 25' roll and then misc shrink tubing and gold rings for about $10.00

Forgot to add the sheet metal and right angle steel which was about $16.00

So altogether you're looking at $120.00...
Old 07-18-2010, 08:49 PM   #7
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
Nice clean set up - Outstanding!
Old 07-18-2010, 08:54 PM   #8
Coupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
I might have to do this.

Nice mod......
Old 07-19-2010, 10:31 PM   #9
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
very, very nice!
Old 07-19-2010, 11:40 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by skistoy View Post
Nice clean set up - Outstanding!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupe View Post
I might have to do this.

Nice mod......
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh2000 View Post
very, very nice!
Thanks guys!

Got the Yellow Top Optima in today...

Old 08-25-2010, 04:13 PM   #11
MJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Michael
MJonesTrumpet's Tacoma Gallery
Wow nice set-up!!! Did you make the mount, or did someone make it for you...I'm trying to find a place to either buy one, or make one...I also sent ya a PM
Old 08-25-2010, 04:17 PM   #12
MadeInMaine
MadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Owen
MadeInMaine's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MadeInMaine
beautiful work....

with what he said above ^^^^ where did you get the mount?

How much did all the gear cost?
Old 08-25-2010, 06:53 PM   #13
Rand Paul 2016
Chad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Chad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCaron View Post
beautiful work....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetacos View Post
Thanks for the comments!

I purchased all of the parts from a few different places.

I purchased the Blue Sea Fuse Block from a local boat dealer for $30.00

The Blue Wave Circuit Breaker was purchased from a local car audio dealer for $10.00 and the 4ga wiring was also purchased from the car audio dealer for about $5.00

The Tsunami Fuse Holder w/Volt Meter I got thru TacoTunes but you can get it for about $25.00 on ebay.

TechFlex is about $12.00 for a 25' roll and then misc shrink tubing and gold rings for about $10.00

Forgot to add the sheet metal and right angle steel which was about $16.00

So altogether you're looking at $120.00...
Quoted the answer here bud.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:22 PM   #14
T0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T0LLPHR33's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to T0LLPHR33
sick setup bro...looks really clean...nice job...

I still gotta do the Big 3 upgrade...
Old 08-25-2010, 07:33 PM   #15

Quote:
beautiful work....

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0LLPHR33 View Post
sick setup bro...looks really clean...nice job...

I still gotta do the Big 2 upgrade...
Thanks guys! Gotta a couple PM's on how to make this panel.

Check out the first post and the instructions are there. It's pretty simple once you open the hood and start looking at the spot where it's mounted. I didn't use any special tools besides the riveter. All the metal can be cut with a hacksaw.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:37 PM   #16
T0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T0LLPHR33's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to T0LLPHR33
I still got some other mods/projects to finish up 1st...but very shortly I will start my audio upgrade...

I still gotta buy me 2 amps: 1 mono for the sub and 1 4-6 channel for the mids/highs...
Old 08-25-2010, 10:49 PM   #17
MadeInMaine
MadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetacos View Post
Thanks guys! Gotta a couple PM's on how to make this panel.

Check out the first post and the instructions are there. It's pretty simple once you open the hood and start looking at the spot where it's mounted. I didn't use any special tools besides the riveter. All the metal can be cut with a hacksaw.

Awesome...
I have never done riveting before... are the tools basic? something a novice can do? (unlike welding)
Old 08-25-2010, 10:54 PM   #18

Quote:
Awesome...
I have never done riveting before... are the tools basic? something a novice can do? (unlike welding)
Yeah, it's very SIMPLE!

Here is the rivet gun I use. You can get it at Sears for I think $25. Just drille a hole, stick the rivet in and use the rivet gun to "attach" it and hold the metal together.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:55 PM   #19
MadeInMaine

EMS:
sweet!!!!
Old 08-26-2010, 12:27 AM   #20
MadeInMaine

EMS:
1. what is the need for the volt meter, or when would it be too high/too low? or is the meter itself more for quality?
2. I take it the circuit breaker is 100A? what size fuse did you use in the fuse holder? 80A or 100A?
3. Is your volt meter only connected to a stereo amp inside the cabin? And the fuse holder/ circuit breaker is for the lights?

Cheers