Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Stiff Steering - try this fix first

Old 05-03-2013, 04:31 AM   #21
bryen is on a distinguished road
bryen's Tacoma Gallery
I actually figured it out and apparently I fell short of spraying the snot out of it with PB Blaster. However for round two I'm going to get some white lithium grease on there too.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:36 AM   #22
anotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shed
anotherreject's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoetacoma View Post
I have been having this same problem with my 05 Taco......do you know where I can find just the u-joints rather than replacing parts of the whole shaft?
Search for the thread i started on the same issue, somebody posted pictures of the part, u can get to it by just crawling under the front of the truck
Old 05-03-2013, 04:38 AM   #23
anotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shed
anotherreject's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryen View Post
THIS is the exact problem I'm facing, but I'm also really, really new at working on my own truck. Some things I get, but others I am lost.

This is one of those situations. I have no idea where the U-joint is above the steering rack. Any chance of some details to find this? Perhaps a photo? I'd be very appreciative of the help!
Search for the thread i started somebody posted pictures of the part, you can get to it by crawling under the front of the truck
Old 05-03-2013, 06:26 AM   #24
coveylane is on a distinguished road

Name: Coveylane
coveylane's Tacoma Gallery
Stiff Steering U-Joint Pictures

Here are two pictures of the Intermediate Steering Shaft #2 taken from drivers side looking past tire (with tire turned as far left as possible) on my 2008 Tacoma
Attached Thumbnails
Stiff Steering - try this fix first-2a.jpg   Stiff Steering - try this fix first-2aa.jpg