LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Dirt bike hitch carrier help

Old 07-20-2010, 12:41 AM   #1
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Dirt bike hitch carrier help

I am looking into getting a hitch carrier for my dirt bike. But the problem is that I also have a quad. I would like to load the quad on the bed but I would need a hitch carrier that would extend out longer enough to not hit the tailgate when its down. I need the tailgate down to fit the quad. If all fail I will look into a trailer. Anyone have pictures of a hitch that would extend long enough or where I can get one? Thanks.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:14 AM   #2
yance is on a distinguished road
yance's Tacoma Gallery
I have just a regular hitch carrier and its pretty wobbly just in its normal state. I would imagine extending it would make it worse. Plus that would put a lot of leverage on it extending it. I actually dont like the rocking action of my hitch carrier with my 2005 wr250f that I never use it any more. Back when I was riding trials bikes it was perfect. Those bikes only weigh about 150lbs!

Just in my opinion, a small trailer might be the better way to go.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:20 AM   #3
RZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
RZRob's Tacoma Gallery
You don't want that much weight that far out. Even if you bought a 2-bike hauler and only used the outer one, the tie-downs would interfere. Go get a cheapie flatbed on Craigslist and be done with it. That way you can put a shell on and you've got a place to pass out after riding.

RZ Rob
Old 07-20-2010, 08:46 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
That much weight that far off the bumper wouldn't be much fun with the Tacoma, even for short distances. Plus, even if you did find an attachment that would do what you wanted, with a quad in the bed already, you'd be dragging it along.

Tailgator makes something that resembles what you're looking for but if you look at their website pictures, they're all mounted on 3/4 ton or 1 ton trucks and the price is comparable to a trailer anyways.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:15 AM   #5
MxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MxRacer190's Tacoma Gallery
Trailers are SOOOO much easier.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:28 AM   #6
WTF
1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Go with a trailer!
Old 07-21-2010, 12:16 AM   #7
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Ok thank guys I'll pick up a trailer instead.