Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Who has their truck Paid off?

View Poll Results: Is your truck paid off...
Yes 2,048 49.22%
NO 1,867 44.87%
Someone else paid it off for me... and i can admit it. 246 5.91%
Voters: 4161. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-15-2013, 04:58 PM   #1201
IKA fabrications
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Bought both last year and paid in full

My early 20's was a different story tho.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:19 PM   #1202
mikesfarm is on a distinguished road
mikesfarm's Tacoma Gallery
No Mortgage and no payment on my 2011 4x4 . Debt free
Old 03-15-2013, 06:06 PM   #1203
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jholden View Post
Same. I'm 21 and have bought and sold about 60 vehicles plus trailers, construction equipment ect. It's all about making your money make you money. I am now transitioning into real estate to implement the same practices.

I started out with $200 trailers and mowers when I was 14. I just closed on a house with a 129k price tag. Paid for in cash and will hopefully profit about 20k from the deal.

You can do anything you set your mind to with enough discipline.
Good luck buying a house with cash here , average home price in my area is about $600K
Old 03-15-2013, 06:06 PM   #1204
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jholden View Post
Same. I'm 21 and have bought and sold about 60 vehicles plus trailers, construction equipment ect. It's all about making your money make you money. I am now transitioning into real estate to implement the same practices.

I started out with $200 trailers and mowers when I was 14. I just closed on a house with a 129k price tag. Paid for in cash and will hopefully profit about 20k from the deal.

You can do anything you set your mind to with enough discipline.
Lucky dog.. 129k is a down payment for a house here. Ugh I hate california pricing sometimes... and the politics, and the crowds/traffic, and the pollution.. but man the jobs are great.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:25 PM   #1205
IKA fabrications
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Good luck buying a house with cash here , average home price in my area is about $600K
Here too. My townhouse cost more than that. Average single family home here is about $800K. Even higher in my side of the island.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:58 PM   #1206
cookee62 is on a distinguished road
cookee62's Tacoma Gallery
Just got mine Paid off and it was the same month my daughter was born. LOL swear I didnt plan it that way but worked out good
Old 03-15-2013, 07:46 PM   #1207
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Yeh, but up there in America's hat $600k is pretty cheap in snow dollars right?
Old 03-15-2013, 07:47 PM   #1208
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by majorhavok View Post
Yeh, but up there in America's hat $600k is pretty cheap in snow dollars right?
The dollars are essentially at par
Old 03-15-2013, 07:50 PM   #1209
Rabid Conservative

Quote:
The dollars are essentially at par
Dang.. My Canadian friends in Calgary get really tweaked with the "America's Hat" comment. They have taken to replying with saying America is "Canada's ass" lol
Old 03-15-2013, 07:51 PM   #1210

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by majorhavok View Post
Dang.. My Canadian friends in Calgary get really tweaked with the "America's Hat" comment. They have taken to replying with saying America is "Canadas ass" lol
Your Jedi mind tricks won't work on me .

These aren't the droids you're looking for
Old 03-15-2013, 08:12 PM   #1211
CannondaleMan is on a distinguished road

Marines: Corporal of Marines
CannondaleMan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdee View Post
A couple of personal thoughts/opinions I have tried to pass onto my daughter: 1. People are looking for investments-one of the best investments you'll ever make is not to have credit card debt. 2. Once you go into debt you tend to lose independence.
Hence my favorite biblical verse - not making this a biblical thing, but I think it applies whether one is religious or not.....

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7

You lose your independence. Slavery.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:15 PM   #1212
CannondaleMan is on a distinguished road

Marines: Corporal of Marines
CannondaleMan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by alegav View Post
I like this!!! Something to strive for. Thanks for the insight
You are welcome, but I cannot take credit for it. I simply reworded it from something I hear frequently. I listen to Dave Ramsey (www.daveramsey.com) quite frequently, and his thought process is to live debt free.

I may have some problems with some of his choices, however his plan to get out of debt is pretty solid. I refuse to be a slave to anyone......except my credit union right now....but I cannot wait to break free of the mortgage shackles.

It took me YEARS to get here. YEARS. And I refuse to listen to anyone who says that it cannot be done. Took you years to get into ridiculous amounts of debt, gonna take you years to get out too.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:33 PM   #1213
scratch is on a distinguished road
scratch's Tacoma Gallery
been driving $3000 cars for the past 10 years, saving my dimes so I could walk into the dealer yesterday and pay cash for a 2013 DC Sport TRD with the skid plates, air filter, exhaust tip, blacked out windows, step bars, entune audio, tow package and all weather flooring. Felt good.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #1214
tirekicker
vicali has a brilliant futurevicali has a brilliant futurevicali has a brilliant futurevicali has a brilliant futurevicali has a brilliant futurevicali has a brilliant futurevicali has a brilliant futurevicali has a brilliant futurevicali has a brilliant futurevicali has a brilliant futurevicali has a brilliant future

Name: mike
vicali's Tacoma Gallery
Just made the last payment..
Old 04-04-2013, 03:51 PM   #1215
Jbbarrette is on a distinguished road
Jbbarrette's Tacoma Gallery
Paid it off in '08, bought in '07
Old 04-04-2013, 06:55 PM   #1216
Tacomayco
Tacomayco will become famous soon enoughTacomayco will become famous soon enough

Name: Michael
Tacomayco's Tacoma Gallery
1 year!?! Wow.
I got 5 1/2 yrs left !
Old 04-04-2013, 07:00 PM   #1217
Old Fart
Rival14 has a spectacular aura aboutRival14 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Dave, The Lip Ripper Extraordinaire
Rival14's Tacoma Gallery
2013 dcsb double white paid for in cash. Screw payments
Old 04-04-2013, 07:08 PM   #1218
rustbus is on a distinguished road
rustbus's Tacoma Gallery
Mines paid for by my work, ill let them pay for, maintain, wash, repair and fuel it util 120k km then ill buy it out cheep

I havent bought my own vehicle for over 10 years! My only personal vehicle is a 1972 vw bus - my first car ever and the inly one i still have

Ive been through a dodge 1500, chevy silverado, 2wd 2006 tacoma (manual trans finally!) then 4dr ford 150, now finally back to tacoma. Never paid a dime!

I cant even imagine how much $$$$ this has saved me...
Old 04-04-2013, 07:54 PM   #1219
killerken is on a distinguished road

killerken's Tacoma Gallery
I am almost there
Old 04-04-2013, 09:41 PM   #1220
Get off your horse and drink your milk.
teamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant future

teamamerica's Tacoma Gallery
after my deployment this summer, toyota will no longer own my soul.
...unless my wife wants a new car....