1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wet Oko -I mean wet my pants

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Nick54, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Jul 20, 2010 at 4:28 PM
    Nick54

Nick54 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mentor Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    ARB Rear Locker & Compressor, Bakflip F1, Antennex 13" flexable antenna, WeatherTech Floor Liners, WeatherTech Side Window Visors, Tacoma Bed Mat, Demello Rock Crushers, Dynamax Ultraflow SS Muffler, TSB 4-Pak Leaf Springs, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Redline Hood Struts, Color Matched Angry Eyelids, Combo Lock Bed Compartments, Bed Mat, Pop-N-Lock, Wet Okoles, Goodyear Duratracs on ProComp 7033's, M101A2 Trailer, Grillcraft Mesh Grill, Light Racing UCA's, King OEM Performance Remote Reservoir Adjustable Front & Rear Shocks, JVC NT3HDT, Blue Sea Aux Fuse Panel, BAMF Behind Grill Light Bracket, Kragen 55W 7" HID's, CBI Front Receiver, Home Link Garage Door Opener, FlyEyez Light Unit, Bud Built Front to Back Skids...
    Does anyone know of a good quality seat cover that won't cause me to miss a truck payment? I freely admit the Okolies are top notch but I'm sure there is something out there that would better fit my economy. Thanks for the help in advance.

2. Jul 20, 2010 at 4:34 PM
    jpmorrisvb

jpmorrisvb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2014 Barcelona Red TRD Off-Road PreRunner
    Clazzio seat covers, KB Voodoo Powder Coated Tailgate Cap, OEM running boards, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, 35% Tinted windows, EGR window vents, color matched door handles and tail gate lift, WeatherTech FloorLiners, OEM bed mat, sound dampening on rear wall and rear doors, on anytime foglight mod
    Come on ..... pull the trigger ...... you know that they are the best ..... anything else will be a regret ...... I ordered mine for my 2010 on day 2 ..... should be in next week.

I'll post pictures as soon as they are in ....... come on over from the dark side. [​IMG]

3. Jul 20, 2010 at 4:36 PM
    MarineTacoDriver

MarineTacoDriver Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Cherry Point
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4x4
    ARB front bumper, Warn M8000, ATO front/transmission/transfer case skids, Icon ext travel coilovers, Total Chaos UCA's, OME Dakar leaf springs, Bilstein/RCD 5100 3-4" lift shock, extended stainless brake lines, DrewFab shackle flip, rear ARB Airlocker, ARB air compressor
    Will the dark side pay for his seat covers? If so I'll head over there too!

4. Jul 20, 2010 at 5:04 PM
    JTDTacoma

JTDTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 4X4 Double Cab TRD Sport
    Couple options are:

1. Coverking through Costco. Never seen them in person but know they're cheaper and people are happy with them.

2. (what I did) Sell crap around the house on ebay to build up your paypal account. Then buy Wet Okoles on autoanything.com with paypal money. Bought front and back for a little over $400 and like them a lot.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  5. Jul 20, 2010 at 5:11 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    I have a set of Saddleman neoprene seat covers on my back seats and have been happy with them so far. I have a labrador retriever who is constantly in the water so I got the covers so he wouldn't wreck the rear seats. So far they've held up to the water, mud, chewing and digging into the seats without a scratch on the factory upholstery underneath. They're fitted well and easy to install. Got them on www.autoanything.com

6. Jul 20, 2010 at 5:15 PM
    KaoskrewPB

KaoskrewPB -Empty-

Member:
    This.
    And DO NOT buy covers on eBay for 120.00
    Trust me

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  7. Jul 20, 2010 at 9:25 PM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    I have the Cover Kings bought from the Costco site and I love them. They fit great.

8. Jul 20, 2010 at 9:34 PM
    toku58

toku58 Well-Known Member

Member:
    On a Rock in the middle of the Pacific
    Vehicle:
    Mall Crawler!
    21' TRD OffRoad 2" 887 OME on Bilstein 5100's. 285/70R17 General Grabbers G3 17x8.5" Icon TRD wheels (Gun metal gray) 4.75" BS
    You can buy a cheap cover that will be good enough. But you'll be sick everytime someone post pictures of their custom Wet Okole's!
    IMG_0216_6b19902c2bc773d77e656f56aa8eac97f43914f9.jpg

9. Jul 20, 2010 at 9:49 PM
    TRICOMA

TRICOMA Tacoma with the TRI package

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC SB 4x4 TRD Off Road
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.
    I have had my coverkings since Dec 09. I got them at costco and love them. I paid 300 shipped to my door for both rows and they have back pockets like the stock ones. I get compliments on them all the time. WO price would like closer to 500 I think with the pockets. U can't get all the fancy options but they are not worth the extra money. Mine are all black.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Jul 20, 2010 at 10:00 PM
    Andrew H

Andrew H What is this "search" you speak of?

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2017SSMDCSBTRDS
    ^^^ Nice!! I gotta look into the coverkings myself. I wonder if they come in a dark dark grey?

EDIT - just checked out the coverkings on cost.com. 329 for front and rear for a double cab. I really wish WO or CK had a dark dark grey to choose from.

11. Jul 20, 2010 at 10:23 PM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.

I got them on sale from costco..OTD shipped was like 290ish

You can go to Coverking and get samples...but trust me you will want black. The Charcoal is more green. I have seen it and it does not match out trucks.

12. Jul 20, 2010 at 10:54 PM
    angelitadiablo

angelitadiablo loves red tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Angel
    ORANGE COUNTY, Southern California
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner TRD sports
    Coverking from costco is great and on sale on the costco website. Much cheaper. The materials is the same with wet o. The only difference is that they installed wet o for you if you live in orange county. They are soooooooo expensive and they are the same.

I go for coverking. If you live in OC, any rip they'll repair them for you.. I love them.

13. Jul 21, 2010 at 4:20 AM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    wet okoles are worth the extra money. the coverkings don't fit all that well and are they padded? cause the wet okoles have a fat layer of padding on the that really helps keep things comfortable.

the wet okoles also have more colors and patterns than the coverkings, but you can choose the type of the material with the coverkings, while the wet okole's come only in waterproof neoprene.

if you compare the two pics:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

you can tell that over the middle back section of the seat, the coverkings don't really mold to the back of the seat to well, but the wet okole's tend to cover the seat very well and mold to all the covered areas.

14. Jul 21, 2010 at 4:39 AM
    TicTacOma

TicTacOma UnderWater Monopoly Champion

Member:
    First Name:
    Anastatia Beaverhausen
    Columbia,SC
    Vehicle:
    I'm Thinking...Oh Yeah...An FJ
    It's all in my head at the moment...
    The local plasma center pays well.

15. Jul 21, 2010 at 7:39 AM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    The Cover Kings are padded. I don't know if they are more or less padded than the Wet Okoles but I wouldn't want any more padding than the Cover Kings provide. And I don't get sick everytime I see the WO's :) I love my seat covers.

16. Jul 21, 2010 at 10:30 AM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    I agree if they were the same price I would probably get WO...but I can do a lot with the extra saving...they are seat covers...and they protect my seats and work just fine for me. To each his own...but $200 saving for me bought me recovery gear.

That was right after the installation as well. And I have people looking at the CC and like them...and they have WO and when I told them the price they were like wow...

17. Jul 21, 2010 at 10:43 PM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    meann nah i got deals on my wet okoles so yah. and our pockets have zippers :p lol but yah for the price the cover kings are great. the price on the CC's are hella cheap, and i have to admit the Wet Okole's are a bit on the pricier side, but you do get what you pay for.

oh and to the OP, Wet A$$ would be a better translation than wet my pants, btw lol

Products Discussed in

To Top